Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Incident after the Forest game?

What happened to this young lad was out of order but perhaps a more pertinent question is why so many of our fans feel the need to attend games dressed in fancy dress on such a regular basis. The Canary Fairy was embarassing enough (after the initial burst of amusement) but we now seem to have a whole generation of fans who think "having a good time" at football involves dressing like a clown and throwing a couple of lilos around for 90 minutes. Fine for the last game of the season or certain other big games but soem seem to now do it every week. I remember seeing our fans at Swindon away last season dressed in skirts, wigs and carrying w*nker wands and frankly thinking many of them were just embarassing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="DraytonBoy"]Sorry Morty but you''re totally wrong. The lad was picked on by three/four grown men because he gave them some stick along with other City fans. He was dressed in a green suit and not a ''Burberry hat'' pretending to be hard. They were cowards and would not have followed him after the game if he had been a Leeds or Millwall fan just in case they got a slap back.[/quote]

No, I am not.

I said that I didn''t know the actual facts, and was commenting generally about acting "Terrace hard". Its similar to road rage, people think they can act the big man with no consequences.
[/quote]

Is it possible to act like a terrace hard in a morph suit?

[quote user="Salford"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="DraytonBoy"]Sorry Morty but you''re totally wrong. The lad was picked on by three/four grown men because he gave them some stick along with other City fans. He was dressed in a green suit and not a ''Burberry hat'' pretending to be hard. They were cowards and would not have followed him after the game if he had been a Leeds or Millwall fan just in case they got a slap back.[/quote]No, I am not.I said that I didn''t know the actual facts, and was commenting generally about acting "Terrace hard". Its similar to road rage, people think they can act the big man with no consequences.[/quote]

Is it possible to act like a terrace hard in a morph suit?

[/quote]Quite possibly not. And whilst I accept that the 3 or 4 grown men shouldn''t have behaved the way they did, perhaps an important lesson in life has been learned here. I mean, if the home and away fans weren''t segregated, do you think that people would "give it the large" to each other, face to face? No of course they wouldn''t. Would you go up to a group of people, say out in Norwich (or any town / city for that matter) and start taunting them? I suspect the answer is no.

Look fella''s, you are all right to a degree. Their is banter and ther is banter. And yes this do get a bit bad sometimes. But if you were going to look for trouble, porvoke or start trouble, you would not go dressed in an all green morph suit, would you?

Joe, as like some on here has been astounded by the response this has recieve and regadless of what a stupid bloke on here wrote earlier in this thread, did nothing to start this or promote the aftermath. Everything started with this thread and went on a wild journey from there.

As I have said previously, 99% of everyone who has watched this story grown have understood than he did nothing to warrant a hiding and has done nothing since that could bring our club into disripute.

Ofcourse he, and I for that matter, have learnt lessons from this.........but at the end of the day, it just just a bit of fun for gods sake, nothing more nothing less. There was no reason for it other than to have a laugh.

Unfortunately, in life, there are some people who find it hard to smile, either at themselves or others. And that is very sad.

But thanks again to everyone who has been positive about this and lets hope people can continue to have a laugh without the need for mindless thugs to hit them and mindless writers to abuse and threaten them.

me thinks the bearded fella''s a crank! .....the bearded hard man is probably his alter ego, in reality he is probably bald, 4 foot nothing and called Shirley!

[quote user="Marty"]me thinks the bearded fella''s a crank! .....the bearded hard man is probably his alter ego, in reality he is probably bald, 4 foot nothing and called Shirley![/quote]And wears ladies knickers

[quote user="Jim Smith"]What happened to this young lad was out of order but perhaps a more pertinent question is why so many of our fans feel the need to attend games dressed in fancy dress on such a regular basis. The Canary Fairy was embarassing enough (after the initial burst of amusement) but we now seem to have a whole generation of fans who think "having a good time" at football involves dressing like a clown and throwing a couple of lilos around for 90 minutes. Fine for the last game of the season or certain other big games but soem seem to now do it every week. I remember seeing our fans at Swindon away last season dressed in skirts, wigs and carrying w*nker wands and frankly thinking many of them were just embarassing.[/quote]Wow, you are such a ray of sunshine.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Jim Smith"]What happened to this young lad was out of order but perhaps a more pertinent question is why so many of our fans feel the need to attend games dressed in fancy dress on such a regular basis. The Canary Fairy was embarassing enough (after the initial burst of amusement) but we now seem to have a whole generation of fans who think "having a good time" at football involves dressing like a clown and throwing a couple of lilos around for 90 minutes. Fine for the last game of the season or certain other big games but soem seem to now do it every week. I remember seeing our fans at Swindon away last season dressed in skirts, wigs and carrying w*nker wands and frankly thinking many of them were just embarassing.[/quote]Wow, you are such a ray of sunshine.[/quote]I reckon he''s probably a childrens entertainer! all that tough talk is absoute popycock.

I cant quote what you said Morty but for me thats what football banter in the terraces is all about, ive been in situations like Leeds at home last season, taunting fans after Martins goal, and ive been taunted myself in the reverse fixture earlier in the season after Forsters miskick, of course I didnt like it, but I understood and accepted it, thats what goes on in the terraces, the important thing is it needs to stay in the terraces

As for abusing people on a street level, nor would you be aloud to chant "so and sos a w*nker" or whatever, imo that sort of stuff should go on in the terraces, but stay there.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]I cant quote what you said Morty but for me thats what football banter in the terraces is all about, ive been in situations like Leeds at home last season, taunting fans after Martins goal, and ive been taunted myself in the reverse fixture earlier in the season after Forsters miskick, of course I didnt like it, but I understood and accepted it, thats what goes on in the terraces, the important thing is it needs to stay in the terraces

As for abusing people on a street level, nor would you be aloud to chant "so and sos a w*nker" or whatever, imo that sort of stuff should go on in the terraces, but stay there.[/quote]The trouble is though that not everyone clearly sticks to this "gentleman''s agreement", so sometimes it is maybe better to err on the side of caution, we live in a violent society.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Jim Smith"]What happened to this young lad was out of order but perhaps a more pertinent question is why so many of our fans feel the need to attend games dressed in fancy dress on such a regular basis. The Canary Fairy was embarassing enough (after the initial burst of amusement) but we now seem to have a whole generation of fans who think "having a good time" at football involves dressing like a clown and throwing a couple of lilos around for 90 minutes. Fine for the last game of the season or certain other big games but soem seem to now do it every week. I remember seeing our fans at Swindon away last season dressed in skirts, wigs and carrying w*nker wands and frankly thinking many of them were just embarassing.[/quote]
Wow, you are such a ray of sunshine.
[/quote]

I reckon he''s probably a childrens entertainer! all that tough talk is absoute popycock.
[/quote]

Not making tough talk i just think that we have more than our fair share of fans who are a bit cringeworthy and i am always intrigued as to why that is. I enjoy going to football for a few beers, banter (mainly friendly but sometimes with a bit of edge) with the opposition and watching the game. I don''t understand why some of our fans are obsessed with face painting, beachballs, inflatables and fancy dress. I''ve even seen grown men in the snakepit this season with giant foam hands for gods sake!

I''m all for making it better family entertainment. We want to encourage kids, wives, girlriends etc. to come and watch it. My other half wouldn''t go if there was too much violence, and rightly so. She does b*llock me for gesticulating to the away fans when we score but that is acceptible banter for both sides, it''s all good natured. Punching people for no reason is not acceptible behaviour, whatever people think about this lads attire, it doesn''t justify this mindless thugary..

[quote user="Marty"]I''m all for making it better family entertainment. We want to encourage kids, wives, girlriends etc. to come and watch it. My other half wouldn''t go if there was too much violence, and rightly so. She does b*llock me for gesticulating to the away fans when we score but that is acceptible banter for both sides, it''s all good natured. Punching people for no reason is not acceptible behaviour, whatever people think about this lads attire, it doesn''t justify this mindless thugary..
[/quote]

I am no doubt a dinosaur but personally I would prefer less wives/girlfriends at the game and a bit more edge to the atmosphere (other than in the family areas). Each to their own I suppose!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Marty"]I''m all for making it better family entertainment. We want to encourage kids, wives, girlriends etc. to come and watch it. My other half wouldn''t go if there was too much violence, and rightly so. She does b*llock me for gesticulating to the away fans when we score but that is acceptible banter for both sides, it''s all good natured. Punching people for no reason is not acceptible behaviour, whatever people think about this lads attire, it doesn''t justify this mindless thugary..[/quote]

I am no doubt a dinosaur but personally I would prefer less wives/girlfriends at the game and a bit more edge to the atmosphere (other than in the family areas). Each to their own I suppose!

[/quote]There are no family areas in the away stands, so such segregation is not really possible for the away trips is it? You can''t say no young''uns and birds can you?

Have to agree with Jim here. I have never been able to understand why our fans feel the need to brighten up their lives by dressing up and looking like a t*at for a game of football.

Charlton away, two years ago, the day we sank to our lowest league placing for 50 years, yet our fans felt the need to "party" - I still dont get it to this day.

As for banter inside the ground just being banter, then most of you are lucky that this has never turned into anything more. Football always has and always will attract people that are not affraid to lash out. Not saying its right but it is a fact.

[quote user="Ren"]

Charlton away, two years ago, the day we sank to our lowest league placing for 50 years, yet our fans felt the need to "party" - I still dont get it to this day.

.[/quote]

****ing hell really? Never laughed at a funeral?

Last time I went to Forest (Boxing day, freezing cold, lost 2-0) The Forest fans in the upper tier were throwing crisp bags full of piss down. AN old Wolves habit I seem to remember.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Marty"]I''m all for making it better family entertainment. We want to encourage kids, wives, girlriends etc. to come and watch it. My other half wouldn''t go if there was too much violence, and rightly so. She does b*llock me for gesticulating to the away fans when we score but that is acceptible banter for both sides, it''s all good natured. Punching people for no reason is not acceptible behaviour, whatever people think about this lads attire, it doesn''t justify this mindless thugary..[/quote]

[/quote]Completely agree Jim. I don''t know why there is this seeming obsession with trying to encourage more and more women and kids to games. Stephen Fry when speaking about his recent directorship appointment said he would like to see 50% of the crowd female.Why? If women want to go to football they can buy tickets the same as any bloke can! (My Mrs who is a football fan also ,not City though,agrees with me on this.)And so much effort is made into making ''the matchday experience'' , akin to a kids party (3 mascots?).Instead of putting extra seats in at CR they should have turned the space into ball pits for toddlers,that''ll keep em coming for year after year I''m sure!Yeah I know the arguments about season ticket holders of the future etc. but why cannot kids just enjoy the football for it''s own sake, like I did when I was a nipper?As for the fancy dress / face paint / inflatable brigade,don''t get me started!

MTV mentioned how City fans back their own.....2500 away fans and no one went to help him out?

Would I? I hope so if I''d seen it - got a kicking the last time I did 20 years ago though.

This entire look the other way\cross the road thing in society these days is a bit of a depressing take on our society.

[quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Marty"]I''m all for making it better family entertainment. We want to encourage kids, wives, girlriends etc. to come and watch it. My other half wouldn''t go if there was too much violence, and rightly so. She does b*llock me for gesticulating to the away fans when we score but that is acceptible banter for both sides, it''s all good natured. Punching people for no reason is not acceptible behaviour, whatever people think about this lads attire, it doesn''t justify this mindless thugary..
[/quote]

[/quote]Completely agree Jim. I don''t know why there is this seeming obsession with trying to encourage more and more women and kids to games.
Stephen Fry when speaking about his recent directorship appointment said he would like to see 50% of the crowd female.Why? If women want to go to football they can buy tickets the same as any bloke can! (My Mrs who is a football fan also ,not City though,agrees with me on this.)

And so much effort is made into making ''the matchday experience'' , akin to a kids party (3 mascots?).

Instead of putting extra seats in at CR they should have turned the space into ball pits for toddlers,that''ll keep em coming for year after year I''m sure!

Yeah I know the arguments about season ticket holders of the future etc. but why cannot kids just enjoy the football for it''s own sake, like I did when I was a nipper?

As for the fancy dress / face paint / inflatable brigade,don''t get me started!
[/quote]

OH yeah, as a kid growing up i''d love to go an watch a game of football and watch grown men punching each other in the face, or even worse, punching young lads in the face, that would really be a great experience.

Maybe more women are put off by the testosterone fuelled atmosphere of football, grown men acting like knob-ends. I watched many games as a lad and to be honest I prefer the more respectful / fun atmosphere of the modern game (it doesn;t take away the passion). Why people hark on about the good old days of football when it was only blokes, no birds, kids or people in fancy dress enjoying themselves (how dare they!) is beyond me. In the past I have been chased away from football grounds, had my car vandalised, been verbally threatened for no reason, been on the receieving end of the delightful cut throught gestures and I am meant to somehow feel sad that the game has progressed into an new era where it has become more family friendly. At the end of the day it is a game, one that everybody should be able to enjoy without getting assaulted! just my opinion, maybe it says something about peoples values in life. Believe it or not, I have just as much passion watching a game now than I ever have had, and that is with my girlfriend present, she goes though the mental anguish of being a Norwich fan too - that doesn''t make me (or her) a lesser fan. I have no real regrets that some of these more "edgy" aspects of football are on the decline, I don''t miss seeing members of the ICF dishing out their pathetic little calling cards or hoards of grown men shouting f____ N_____ to black players anymore. Maybe some people can take their rose tinted spectacles off for one minute, but each to his own.   

[quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]Completely agree Jim. I don''t know why there is this seeming obsession with trying to encourage more and more women and kids to games.
Stephen Fry when speaking about his recent directorship appointment said he would like to see 50% of the crowd female.Why? If women want to go to football they can buy tickets the same as any bloke can! (My Mrs who is a football fan also ,not City though,agrees with me on this.)

And so much effort is made into making ''the matchday experience'' , akin to a kids party (3 mascots?).

Instead of putting extra seats in at CR they should have turned the space into ball pits for toddlers,that''ll keep em coming for year after year I''m sure!

Yeah I know the arguments about season ticket holders of the future etc. but why cannot kids just enjoy the football for it''s own sake, like I did when I was a nipper?

As for the fancy dress / face paint / inflatable brigade,don''t get me started!
[/quote]

Folk got on quite well years ago when they just wore a cloth cap! There was no need for jesters hats and wigs then!

What''s that?.......... Babies rattle??... whatever you on about????.....

Fanswith rattlesthetimes

Oh you mean these!!! ... They''re not babies rattles.. they''re wooden football rattles... kicked up one ''ell of a racket too... Ol'' Jim wouldn''t like too many of them awhirring around his head.. I reckon he''d chop ''em into firewood if they were in the hands of "youth of today"!

I often wonder what it would''ve been like going on away trips back in the cloth cap and pipe days... no jester hats, painted faces or inflatables back then.. were they all miserable old beggars or did they try and have fun too???..........

Maybe here''s the answer[;)]

I reckon folk don''t change that much in 50 years[:O]

Blimey Nutty, those fans are an embarrasement, with all their good natured fun! the person who made the cut out canary should be ashamed, this is not football the way it should be. Next you''ll be telling me they actually let girls, kids and students into football matches nowadays!

Anybody see this? Heard about it but didnt know he got a mention in The Sun!

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3118211/Battered-over-my-green-Canaries-kit.html