Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Incident after the Forest game?

I think the whole thing is just pathetic, these guys are clearly just stuck in the 70s, they probably thought they were being big and clever by taking out an ''obvious target''.

I was at the game and thought the morphsuit was brilliant!! A bit of fun and all that jazz... Yeah it made him stick out but he was singing and sharing banter like the rest of us, and did nothing at all to deserve 8 mugs coming after him.

I''m only 18 but I''ve never seen anything like this, it seems to be pretty rare, but credit to the city and forest fans who helped out. Just a shame about the few thuggish morons who cause unnecessary trouble for the rest of us.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Whittles Windmill"]And if you honestly think if my son dressed like a green version of a gimp, giving it loads to the other supporters, then cried when he got a little cuff round the lug, you are very much mistaken.[/quote]
''A cuff round the lug'' is different to being set upon by a group of several men, being punched in the face and having your nose broken. Do you advocate large groups of men giving one person a kicking? Personally I think it''s a bit cowardly.
[/quote]

I do think its cowardly 4 on 1 so sorry for that and hope the lad is ok, what im saying is there is banter and then there is going OTT. Thge gimp comment is he was wearing a green gimp suit. And by saying he "cried" I meant he went and done a story for the papers.

Bit like a guy who was refused entry to Ipswich as his mate had his ticket and got stuck in a holding cell with a few lads. They all had a laugh, and tried to make him feel at ease as he was distraught, had a few jokes, made him laugh and calm down, and all parted on handshakes and wished each other well. What thanks did they get? 3 days later the Evening News had his story, saying he had been locked up with a bunch of vicious known hooligans.

[quote user="mtv"]Oh would you now! And just where did you hear/see he was acting like a gimp? He did not miss behave nor ''act like a gimp'' He went there to have a bit of fun and just about everyone who saw him, saw it as that. the only ones who didnt were a bunch of thugs.....and you. Did you go?[/quote]

Yes I did go, my holiday home in Derbyshire, means I have long weekends for games like Derby, Forest, Leicester.

I am sorry, bad choice of words, but I didnt mean acting like a gimp, I meant he was dressed like a green version of the gimp from Pulp Fiction, and no matter how much you lot try to make out he was innocent in all this, his constant standing facing the forest fans, arms wide apart or "the peacock", is giving it the big un. Cowardly for 4 to jump him, but these things happen, when you mock a large group, of people for a large amount of time, eg, what you lot dismiss as banter. Sorry for the poor choice of words, and I hope the lads ok.

So, someone who stands there doing the Peacock or similar is game one for getting a broken nose? You and your sons may think that it''s normal, but most non thug families don''t. I''m all for banter, but I think the wannabe bad boys who decide to fight anyone because they can''t handle the banter are mindless coks.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]So, someone who stands there doing the Peacock or similar is game one for getting a broken nose? You and your sons may think that it''s normal, but most non thug families don''t. I''m all for banter, but I think the wannabe bad boys who decide to fight anyone because they can''t handle the banter are mindless coks.[/quote]

Twisting my words a bit but anyway......what if someone in a green gimp suit came up to you on Prince Of Wales Road, giving it "the peacock" shouting abuse.....how would you react??? Not saying what happened to him was right, feel sorry for the lad, but do you get my drift yet........

I would do what most adults would and laugh it off and ignore it. Without splitting hairs, I would say that it was different on POW street then at a football match. I can see that some people may react differently and may not act in a more mature manner, but I can''t see a the lad giving enough stick to warrant a beating.

[quote user="pennywise "]sorry to start another thread but i just saw his picture in the crowd on the edp site and it is funny as f--- how could anyone take offence at that ? what is wrong with the world [*-)][/quote]

I read some of the victim''s story in the Evening News and I wonder if the lad had inadvertantly goaded one or two of the more moronic Notts Forest fans during the match, inside the ground, and they then took revenge outside when the match had finished. He said something about enjoying some light-hearted banter with Forest fans about his bizarre costume. Lets face it, thuggish meatheads would have had no difficulty in identifying their intended target.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

[quote user="pennywise "]sorry to start another thread but i just saw his picture in the crowd on the edp site and it is funny as f--- how could anyone take offence at that ? what is wrong with the world [*-)][/quote]

I read some of the victim''s story in the Evening News and I wonder if the lad had inadvertantly goaded one or two of the more moronic Notts Forest fans during the match, inside the ground, and they then took revenge outside when the match had finished. He said something about enjoying some light-hearted banter with Forest fans about his bizarre costume. Lets face it, thuggish meatheads would have had no difficulty in identifying their intended target.

[/quote]

Erm I would think its perfectly clear from the story and the various accounts on here that is precisely what happened.

[quote user="Whittles Windmill"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]So, someone who stands there doing the Peacock or similar is game one for getting a broken nose? You and your sons may think that it''s normal, but most non thug families don''t. I''m all for banter, but I think the wannabe bad boys who decide to fight anyone because they can''t handle the banter are mindless coks.[/quote]

Twisting my words a bit but anyway......what if someone in a green gimp suit came up to you on Prince Of Wales Road, giving it "the peacock" shouting abuse.....how would you react??? Not saying what happened to him was right, feel sorry for the lad, but do you get my drift yet........

[/quote]If someone went up to a bloke on the street, one-on-one, and started behaving like that, I''d say that ''a cuff round the lug'' would be a lot more forgivable. In an environment with thousands of football fans, goading, chanting and so on is part and parcel of the matchday experience. Hundreds of fans, for better or worse, will give it a bit of lip during the game, but giving someone a beating after the match just because they look a bit different is totally out of order.

it''s doesn''t matter what the frig you wear, no one deserves to be punched for no apparent reason. It''s just harmless fun and banter, end of.

It''s awful that it happened, but when you go dressed like that, you make yourself a target...If the whole crowd, dressed in yellow shirts give abuse to the home fans, and there is 1 guy giving abuse that is wearing something hugely distinctive, then he''s going to get seen outside the ground.It''s pathetic that people can''t just leave football banter, as banter. He should be able to wear what he wants to games, and not have any fear of it happening.... But, if you make yourself stand out (as he was doing, not just by wearing the suit, but he did give some back) then he''s likely to get something after the game, against pi$$ed off fans... There were boos and anger around the ground that they hadn''t beaten "little norwich", so maybe that''s why it boiled over.I hope they get caught, and banned. [:)]

This story is now being picked up by some of the nationals. I was surprised to see a pic of him in his green Morph suit in The Metro this morning!

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/839516-defiant-lycra-boy-will-continue-wearing-morph-suit-despite-attack

I don''t get all of this "made himself a target" rubbish. If the "facts" that I''m reading are correct then I reckon this attack is far more serious than many other cases of football related violence. The way I see it if sets of opposing fans come across eachother on the street, wind each other up and it results in a few punches being thrown then although there is no excuse for violence it could be seen as "banter that got out of hand". In this case the victim was targeted sometime before the attack. He was found after the game and attacked. It was premeditated which makes it much more inexcusable in my opinion. I wish the lad well and hope those responsible are caught and punished for the premeditated attack and not able to use "banter" as a justification.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Dan Druff"]

[/quote]

Erm I would think its perfectly clear from the story and the various accounts on here that is precisely what happened.

[/quote]

And this surely makes the attack premeditated and even less excusable?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Dan Druff"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And this surely makes the attack premeditated and even less excusable?

[/quote]

Cripes, I''m amazed a football fan of your years is so shocked at a fellow football fan getting a smack on the hooter [:P]

You see "young" Shyster that''s how folk get misrepresented on here. No where did I say I was shocked let alone "so shocked". I just said that if "banter" during the game was the excuse then the attack was premeditated.

As a sad old fan of the great David Bowie I would have thought you would recognise the right for young people to be different and stand out in a crowd.

[8]Oh brother you guessed I''m a dude now.

It''s about time you posted a selection on the free bet this season and you could come for a beer on Friday, I''d even play some Bowie...

In general no one likes anyone who is different. Its the same thoughout nature and its not just yobs. I remember reading here in Australia about a man who was arrested in a shopping centre by police on the grounds of indecent exposure. He was wearing a leotard.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You see "young" Shyster that''s how folk get misrepresented on here. No where did I say I was shocked let alone "so shocked". I just said that if "banter" during the game was the excuse then the attack was premeditated.

As a sad old fan of the great David Bowie I would have thought you would recognise the right for young people to be different and stand out in a crowd.

It''s about time you posted a selection on the free bet this season and you could come for a beer on Friday, I''d even play some Bowie...

[/quote]

[:D] Yes, I suffered a few hidings and doled a few out through my Bowie fandom back in the day - likewise through my support of City.I will have to meet you fellows one of these days, Nigel.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kilN69CLb4]A superb live version of ''All The Young Dudes'' in Dublin 2003[/url]

[quote user="Shyster"]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kilN69CLb4]A superb live version of ''All The Young Dudes'' in Dublin 2003[/url]
[/quote]

Great link! Did you ever see Bowie live?

[quote user="Bobert"]In general no one likes anyone who is different. Its the same thoughout nature and its not just yobs. I remember reading here in Australia about a man who was arrested in a shopping centre by police on the grounds of indecent exposure. He was wearing a leotard.[/quote]I am about 75% covered with very nicely done tattoo work. I have had a nice job for almost 15 years. Prior to that I did really well in college just after serving 4 years in the US army stationed overseas.Still with that, I once had a lady ask me how long I had been in prison while walking around in a grocery store due to the artwork despite the fact that I have never had any trouble short of a speeding ticket.[:D]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[:D] Yes, I suffered a few hidings and doled a few out through my Bowie fandom back in the day - likewise through my support of City.I will have to meet you fellows one of these days, Nigel.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kilN69CLb4]A superb live version of ''All The Young Dudes'' in Dublin 2003[/url][/quote]Come to the Pup''s presentation thing on Friday.I promise not to beat you up.[;)]

"It must have been scary worrying about needing to use the bathroom though"

needing to use the toilet would have been more likely ... and worrying

Anyone who takes one on the nose in the cause of Norwich deserves to be elevated to the hall of fame. To wear a bright morph green suit shows commitment to the cause eyond the call of duty.

Makes a change from fat blokes with no shirt on.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]mtv,You should be getting an email from one of our journos Peter Walsh.[/quote]Oh so somebody getting hit in a green suit deserves attention, while those who were threatened and hit for nothing in our own City last year by the scum from Leeds deserves no attention from Archant?Typical response from media types that enusres that those who wish to cause trouble at football matches have every opportunity to do so in an environment which almost encourages it... [:|]