Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Incident after the Forest game?

I sit next to Joe in the lower barclay. Decent chap and have time for because of who he is and what he does - nothing about opposition supporters/teams but purely about his passion for the club.

A few minor Forest supporters show how some fans can be for no resaon

On the whole to be honest I found the Forest fans quite good. Three seperate sets came up to me on the walk back to the train station and said we deserved to win, however I heard a lot of  "Hey High Vis" and the "Lick Viva".I feel a bit sick to the stomach that this incident happened and included our fans, but at least it wasn''t our lots fault, and we all hope your son gets better.

Nothing less than I expect from Forest fans, they''ve got a really dodgy section of support that seems to get away with trouble week in, week out. I remember being chased through Notts city centre having walked home without provocation after our victory 2 years ago.

Hope the lad is ok. I walked past him after the fixture and after the attack whilst he was talking to the police officers. Very poor behaviour from the Forest fans, the whole set up around the ground was of a uneasy nature and this obviously carried on throughout the 90 mins and beyond. However I would strongly recommend the lad goes in more suitable attire to future away matches as he is obviously attracting unwanted attention. I dare say a pair of jeans and a t-shirt wouldn''t have got the lad in bother. Shame this has happened due to this but guess thats the nature of some fans nowadays

I also sit a couple of seats away from him in the LB. Good lad wouldn''t hurt a fly. Bunch of nobs!

"Don''t cry city 1st..... Freedom of speech. "

So is it a reference to the convicted murderer Steve Wright ?

Simple yes or no will do.

I walked back from the ground and wondered why this lad had a tissue on his nose, I assumed he had a nosebleed, well now i know why. Shame this sort of nasty stuff happnes at footy. In general I thought the atmoshere was pretty good mind.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="CDMullins"]

Was this the kid in the green one of these....  http://www.morphsuits.com/

Nasty and uncalled for

[/quote]

It was more like this..........

[/quote]

Cant have been that...... Who in there right mind would fight with a super hero!!

[quote user="mtv"]Thanks for the concern lads, This ''boy'' was one of my sons. He is 16 years old and was set upon by a group of 8 ''men''.

Ofcourse I have warned him about standing out ataway matches but he is quite acharacter as those who sit near him in the barclay will tell you.

He took 2 direct punches in the face breaking his glasses and his nose. He is home and fine now but it does make you think doesnt it.

He told me much the same as earlier posters have described, he and some other city fans were exchanging banter with the forest fans and it appears his green ''morph'' suit singled him out.

He spoke to the police about but didnt give a statement because he was with a couple of friends and needed to get home. However I am ringing Nottingham police tomorrow and will push them to follow this up.

Scum like this should be pushed out of football and if I have my way they will be found and banned.

thanks for the concern lads and lasses.[/quote]I hope your boy is okay, and good luck with getting the idiots banned.

Can you or the lad recall what they looked like? Should be interesting at FCR if you can..... See what they act like when they''re faced by a group who aren''t kids just messing around and having a good time.....

Mtv,I hope you contact the Nottingham Police and your son makes a statement. These thugs should be proscuted.Given that your son knows what row and what block they sat in during the game I would have thought theres a good chance of the Nottingham Forest ticket office records helping to identify the thugs. In addition there has been a post on 606 saying they witnessed the attack and  given how close it is to the cricket ground there may have been CCTV  watching  that area.

The victim is a regular poster on carrowroad.net and is only 16 years old I believe.

Shocking news and I can only wish him well.

Disgraceful.

forest have always had a nasty element i remember drinking after a home  match in the bell sometime in the late 80s and a group of forest fans chucked some sort of cs gas canister through the door [:''(]

This is something, while I understand the reasoning, that I will never get used to when it comes to football over there in Europe. Over here in the States, I could go to almost all away matches of any sport wearing my team''s colors and except for good drunken jokes in each other''s direction I wouldn''t have to worry about being jumped unless I was a drunken fool. 

Ok fellas, I have now contacted Notts police and they are sendind the local police around to take a statement from Joe.

Also it will appear in the local press as joe gave interview so all in all lets hope the notts policeare as vigorous as ours in tracking down fans they want banned.

Thanks to all citu fans for your support.

[quote user="mtv"]Ok fellas, I have now contacted Notts police and they are sendind the local police around to take a statement from Joe. Also it will appear in the local press as joe gave interview so all in all lets hope the notts policeare as vigorous as ours in tracking down fans they want banned. Thanks to all citu fans for your support.[/quote]

And how''s the young man feeling today?  Apart from being sore I mean.

Glad you are both taking things further, I wouldn''t be any different if it had happened to one of my loved ones.

These people aren''t fans, they are thugs pure and simple.

Thanks for the update mtv

bet the forest "fans" went into the pub and bragged about it to their 50 year old chav mates.... i blame the slope head.. means the brain is nearer to the knob.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]bet the forest "fans" went into the pub and bragged about it to their 50 year old chav mates.... i blame the slope head.. means the brain is nearer to the knob.
[/quote]

hahahaha jas

[quote user="mtv"]Thanks for the concern lads, This ''boy'' was one of my sons. He is 16 years old and was set upon by a group of 8 ''men''.

Ofcourse I have warned him about standing out ataway matches but he is quite acharacter as those who sit near him in the barclay will tell you.

He took 2 direct punches in the face breaking his glasses and his nose. He is home and fine now but it does make you think doesnt it.

He told me much the same as earlier posters have described, he and some other city fans were exchanging banter with the forest fans and it appears his green ''morph'' suit singled him out.

He spoke to the police about but didnt give a statement because he was with a couple of friends and needed to get home. However I am ringing Nottingham police tomorrow and will push them to follow this up.

Scum like this should be pushed out of football and if I have my way they will be found and banned.

thanks for the concern lads and lasses.[/quote]Just a thought as  someone mentioned earlier about all the  city fans there yesterday and  going to  the EDP to put something in there about the incident and asking  people to come forward as  witnesses, to carry that thought a little bit further did anyone take any photos or videos of the incident on their mobile phones ? keep an eye out  on youtube  as well  you never know  the  braindead  idiots that made this attack maybe will try to put it  on there ?  Just a thought

[quote user="Salford"]I''d like to see the whole of the Barclay in "morph suits" for the return leg![/quote]

Unfortunately I only have one morph suit and it happens to be blue so I don''t think it''s the best colour to have but it would be great if everyone wore them.

This may be controversial and indeed if it were my lad that had been attacked I’d be absolutely seething about but I would like to throw my 2p worth in.

The lad certainly stood out, I had to double take when I arrived at the ground and therein lays the problem, he was unfortunately a sitting target. Now obviously the sentiment thorough this thread is that it is awful and disgraceful but that does not get away from the fact that this type of thing can and will happen at game.

In life in general if you stick your chin out that far there is a good chance somebody will want to take a swipe at it, it’s just how it is. Fair enough he was a young lad but if you want a trouble free afternoon there are some unwritten rules and wearing a green lycra cat suit to the City Ground is not one of them. Just because you don’t think it should happen doesn’t mean it won’t.

Talking earlier today with a Sunderland supporting mate about this incident and like me has travelled the length and breadth of country over many years and never once has he ever encountered any trouble. Milwall, Cardiff, Wolves etc etc never once - although I must at that Wolves the night we went to the Playoff Final was a close run thing – and its for a very good reason, don’t go sticking your chin out.

Unfortunately the lad may as well have been jumping around in a Fila tracksuit re-enacting The Football Factory as wearing a green lycra cat suit as it tends to add up to the same thing, that’s just how it is unfortunately.

None the less I hope the culprits are caught and I do hope they try resisting arrest and all that goes with it. They should be and banned from every ground in the country for a very long time with a bit of a custodial thrown in, you never know they might end up in Norwich if they are lucky!

no offense, it aint on smacking people, but if youre dressed in a bright green morph suit and youre abusing home fans - what do you expect.

So we should all go dressed not in colours of any kind and we should sit like little mice, otherwise some no good yobs will have the AOK to attack us for no good reason other than we might stick out from the crowd.

Sorry don''t buy it.

If I want to go in a green wig, and a yellow jumpsuit to any ground then I should be allowed without having to fear being attacked by anyone.

Let alone being set upon by 8 grown men when I am a 16 year old lad.

King: It''s one thing abusing fans and another having a bit of banter. No 16 year old should expect to be set upon by a group of grown men regardless of how they are dressed.

Joe is fine now and abit taken aback by all the attention this has caused.

Ofcourse Bury, you are right and over the past few years I have taken Joe and his brothers to several away games to try and teach them the ''etiquette'' of away games, we have been to places like Stoke and Cardiff and a few in league one last season. We have never encountered any problems. But you are dead right about sticking your chin out and it is something I have warned all my sons about.

As others have said who know joe, he is a bit of a character and there is no harm in him at all. While you should be able to dress and enjoy football as you want to...we all know you cant.

I think the two good things that have come out of this is, it has taught him a very good lesson (and maybe his old man does know whats good sometimes!) And How City fans back up their own and for the second one I really do send you my thanks.