Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Incident after the Forest game?

Walking back to the car today opposite the office block that forms part of Trent Bridge cricket ground.....I hear somebody else being called..............prick!  I carried on walking towards the Trent Bridge when I suddenly see a lad dressed in green from neck to toe that looked like he had just been hit by somebody.  Further down the road, I talked to a couple of coppers about the lad and they went towards him.Anybody see the incident or know what happened?

No other incidents that I an aware of and a good bit of singing by the city fans. Well done for the support given to our lads.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Walking back to the car today opposite the office block that forms part of Trent Bridge cricket ground.....I hear somebody else being called..............prick!  I carried on walking towards the Trent Bridge when I suddenly see a lad dressed in green from neck to toe that looked like he had just been hit by somebody.  Further down the road, I talked to a couple of coppers about the lad and they went towards him.Anybody see the incident or know what happened?

No other incidents that I an aware of and a good bit of singing by the city fans. Well done for the support given to our lads.[/quote]The guy dressed in green from kneck to toe sat 2 rows in front of us! Hope he''s ok, seemed  a good laugh.

Wasn''t there today but the guy in green got a mention on Radio Norfolk so I assume he was one of us. Either way I hope he wasn''t to badly hurt these sort of characters make the away days fun days.

He was 2 rows in front of me as well.

He was getting some bother from a group of four forest fans who were giving it large to him and others. The four made clear gestures they would find him given his distinctive look after the game. So I''m guessing was to do with that.

He did nothing jus like me gave the Forest fans some abuse, like they did us. Probably just unlucky that he stood out.

On a side note the stewards today were complete dickheads trying to get us to sit down all game! So annoying.

[quote user="ucl-canary"]He was 2 rows in front of me as well.

He was getting some bother from a group of four forest fans who were giving it large to him and others. The four made clear gestures they would find him given his distinctive look after the game. So I''m guessing was to do with that.

He did nothing jus like me gave the Forest fans some abuse, like they did us. Probably just unlucky that he stood out.

On a side note the stewards today were complete dickheads trying to get us to sit down all game! So annoying.[/quote]4 onto 1,  oohhhh they''re hard.... scum bags

The man in green

Championship Nottingham Forest
comment on the article

Hi all,Firstly

would like to say that performance was not good enough, if it''s not

clear to the AP that we need new faces it never will be.Anyway,

as you may have seen, in the away stand today was a man in a green

outfit/overalls, as I was walking down Radcliffe road 3 Forest fans

approached him, one slapping him and another punching him directly in

the face, I think it''s a disgrace that we have fans like that and I

hope none of you would ever be so pathetic.Sorry to steer off topic but if the AP don''t get some signing sorted out by the end of the TW then it''s AP out for me.

Should you not have gone to see if he needed help rather than "pass by"? ................. But then I suppose 2.000 years ago they did not have coppers or football matches.Difficult one. I can understand your present concern.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Should you not have gone to see if he needed help rather than "pass by"? ................. But then I suppose 2.000 years ago they did not have coppers or football matches.Difficult one. I can understand your present concern.

[/quote]I did check to see that he was being looked after and I thought it needed the police on the case.  I didn''t say that in the earlier post to try and keep it brief.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Should you not have gone to see if he needed help rather than "pass by"? ................. But then I suppose 2.000 years ago they did not have coppers or football matches.

[/quote]Or anywhere called Nottingham.

Was stood fairly close to him. He looked very young and when not completely covered from head down, was wearing glasses. Thought that he was a credit to travelling fans. When fully covered, looked like this, but green.

What sort of washed up, stone island clad, 40 year old (part time) family man would beat up a minor? Yep; answered my own question "Cun+"

We passed him on the way back to the car and he was being chatted to by 2 policemen, didnt notice that he was injured but then didn''t look at him too closely tbh

It is very sad. I remember some guy in the visitors area at Norwich last season being given stick by the Lower Barclay because he was wearing a pink shirt......... or was it the other way round?

[quote user="Unit"]Fair enough if he was a ''casual'' in his stone island jacket giving mouth but why a fan who is just having a laugh. dirty nothern tw ats.[/quote]They''re not quite that are they? Northerners are atleast more ''fair'' in their confrontations for one.Reading the fathers response on 606 makes me feel sick to the very core on his behalf.

[quote user="Bobert"]It is very sad. I remember some guy in the visitors area at Norwich last season being given stick by the Lower Barclay because he was wearing a pink shirt......... or was it the other way round?[/quote]

Other way round. Know the chap and he deserves all the abuse he gets; not that I dislike him, its that he wears a pink Hacket rugby shirt! "Does your boyfriend know your here?"

Thanks for the concern lads, This ''boy'' was one of my sons. He is 16 years old and was set upon by a group of 8 ''men''.

Ofcourse I have warned him about standing out ataway matches but he is quite acharacter as those who sit near him in the barclay will tell you.

He took 2 direct punches in the face breaking his glasses and his nose. He is home and fine now but it does make you think doesnt it.

He told me much the same as earlier posters have described, he and some other city fans were exchanging banter with the forest fans and it appears his green ''morph'' suit singled him out.

He spoke to the police about but didnt give a statement because he was with a couple of friends and needed to get home. However I am ringing Nottingham police tomorrow and will push them to follow this up.

Scum like this should be pushed out of football and if I have my way they will be found and banned.

thanks for the concern lads and lasses.

Firstly I hope the lad is ok, obviously hurt from a broken nose and black eyes, let''s hope it hasn''t put him off travelling away.

They aren''t real fans that can gang up and beat a 16 year old lad, no more than animals and thugs and should be barred from games at any ground.

Shame on them.

[quote user="mtv"]Thanks for the concern lads, This ''boy'' was one of my sons. He is 16 years old and was set upon by a group of 8 ''men''. Ofcourse I have warned him about standing out ataway matches but he is quite acharacter as those who sit near him in the barclay will tell you. He took 2 direct punches in the face breaking his glasses and his nose. He is home and fine now but it does make you think doesnt it. He told me much the same as earlier posters have described, he and some other city fans were exchanging banter with the forest fans and it appears his green ''morph'' suit singled him out. He spoke to the police about but didnt give a statement because he was with a couple of friends and needed to get home. However I am ringing Nottingham police tomorrow and will push them to follow this up. Scum like this should be pushed out of football and if I have my way they will be found and banned. thanks for the concern lads and lasses.[/quote]

Thought your lad was fine. From what I could see he did nothing to warrant this. An original outfit - better than a green and yellow tutu!

MTV - pleased to hear you son is ok. As well as contacting notts police I would call the local paper their as I would think many of their fans would be disgusted with this behaviour. Also may be worth calling the edp / evening news - with 2500 fans there someone may be able to help as a witness.... Email is newsdesk@archant.co.uk I think.

As I said else where, he (along with my other sons) have been following city since they could walk and talk.

This isnt his first season going to away games but it is his first going ''unrestricted'' (with his mates etc)

Nothing would stop him supporting his club. But maybe he might tone down a bit.

To be fair several Forest fans came to help him, so they are not all bad.

Still gripes though....16 years old...very brave.

[quote user="Unit"]MTV - pleased to hear you son is ok. As well as contacting notts police I would call the local paper their as I would think many of their fans would be disgusted with this behaviour. Also may be worth calling the edp / evening news - with 2500 fans there someone may be able to help as a witness.... Email is newsdesk@archant.co.uk I think.[/quote]

thanks I will

Seems alot of us were sat close! He was 2 rows infront of me aswell, just to the left.Hope he''s alright, and he shouldn''t feel the need to "dress down" at all. Should be able to go in whatever dress he wants. Can I recomened shorts next time though? The suit was very skin tight indeed! haha. I didn''t hear of any trouble, thought the forest fans were alright! But, clearly there was. Hope it doesn''t put him off going.

"as I would think many of their fans would be disgusted with this behaviour"

I would preume your ''tag'' "stevie wright wright wright" is nothing to do with the Ipswich murders.