Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

OT - Clingan not happy

Clingan would be superb at the base of the diamond. The following midfield diamond would be awesome.

Clingan

Crofts/Smith Surman

Hoolahan

I guess by saying Boothroyd wants to "play a different way" he means hoofball!

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Moral of the story... The grass is not always greener...........

[/quote]

I think the club probably wanted to sell as much as Cling-on wanted to go though.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I guess by saying Boothroyd wants to "play a different way" he means hoofball!

[/quote]

I know, not hard to read between the lines is it?! He''s a better footballer than he is a diplomat [:)]

Id have him back in a flash even though i dont think we actually need him lol. I think he was our best midfielder over the last 5 years and think David Fox is a very average version of him.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Surely a midfielder in a Boothroyd team is an oxymoron[/quote]

I was thinking the same, must be quite boring for him to watch balls fly over his head everytime a defender has it! Maybe they could hire the red arrows for him to watch while his head is looking up? Might make him happier

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]Definitely have him back. I don''t think he was especially keen to leave in the first place either.[/quote]

Didn''t take to long though did it, wave a bigger carrot 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Ah didums.

The bugger couldn''t wait to jump ship when we went down, sod him.

[/quote]Or maybe we couldn''t wait to get him off the wage bill?

No room for him now, good player but no better than Crofts/Smith and Surman.

I''d swap him for Fox or Gill but he''d only sit on the bench here too.

I guess I''m on my own with this but I was happy enough to see him go and wouldn''t want him back.

I thought he was a big part of a midfield that regularly lost his man when we were defending and gave no protection to our back four. He did look good on the ball and took a good free kick.

Interesting that he got relegated with us and now struggles at Coventry. Maybe he''s another where League One is his level? We''ll soon find out either way.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Ah didums.

The bugger couldn''t wait to jump ship when we went down, sod him.

[/quote]

that was my point too Wiz

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I guess I''m on my own with this but I was happy enough to see him go and wouldn''t want him back.

I thought he was a big part of a midfield that regularly lost his man when we were defending and gave no protection to our back four. He did look good on the ball and took a good free kick.

Interesting that he got relegated with us and now struggles at Coventry. Maybe he''s another where League One is his level? We''ll soon find out either way.

[/quote]

Maybe he should join up with the Doc at Charlton...

I liked Clingan while he was here. But again thus far i''m perfectly happy with our current midfield personel.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you trying to give the Doc nightmares? Didn''t he suffer enough in that relegation season?

When did he ever do you any harm[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you trying to give the Doc nightmares? Didn''t he suffer enough in that relegation season?

When did he ever do you any harm[:^)]

[/quote]

However you try and dress it up, Clingan was NOT responsible for the Doc''s lack of pace, wrestling technique or the countless penalties he conceded.

the way the squad is now Clingan would get splinters up his arse bench warming here... still.. at least Starbucks in the mall would be pleased that "cake boy" was in there again.....

Yeah Etuhu''s done so bad for himself since leaving. A spell in league one or the europa league final?? He royally screwed up didn''t he?