Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Danny Shittu

Has been released by Bolton Wanderers today, would anyone have him here permanently so we don''t have to rely on short term loans to fill the gaps while injury affects us at centre back? I would certainly offer him a 12 month deal in view to an extension.

[quote user="Mushroom"]Has been released by Bolton Wanderers today, would anyone have him here permanently so we don''t have to rely on short term loans to fill the gaps while injury affects us at centre back? I would certainly offer him a 12 month deal in view to an extension.[/quote]

Would much rather find the money to sign Barnett. Shittu must warrant huge wages.

Nice birthday present. He is 30...*checks time*... today. Leon Barnett is 24. Given the likely wages, I''d rather have Barnett on a permanent deal, if there was a choice.

[quote user="Mushroom"]Has been released by Bolton Wanderers today, would anyone have him here permanently so we don''t have to rely on short term loans to fill the gaps while injury affects us at centre back?[/quote]I don''t think he''d want to be number 2 in the pecking order.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]He appears to have been dumped on a few times in his career, there must be a reason?[/quote]Ii think the above is a good point. I''d rather wait until January and pick him up as WBA look like certainties to go down and we are pushing for automatic promotion with a string of Ward/Barnett inspired clean sheets.

I honestly believe we have a set squad with the signing of Barnett. We have cover at right back in young Francomb so why not bring him through if needed instead of spending money or loaning in. I do believe we could of done with signing a player as back up for Holt but Martin is getting physically stronger all the time so again why not go with what we have. The squad seems united at the moment with them all fighting for each other so i wouldnt bring anyone else in.

Would cost us too much on wages, I''d rather have Barnett sign for us permanently. Wouldn''t be abad signing though...but I deem it to be unrealistic "wage-wise".

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mushroom"]Has been released by Bolton Wanderers today, would anyone have him here permanently so we don''t have to rely on short term loans to fill the gaps while injury affects us at centre back?[/quote]

I don''t think he''d want to be number 2 in the pecking order.
[/quote]

[quote user="paul ncfc"]He appears to have been dumped on a few times in his career, there must be a reason?
[/quote]

There''s some great toilet humour in this thread!

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Yella_Forever"]Pricey!![/quote]He''s been released, so he''s a free agent?[/quote]

Think they''re talking about wages Brendo

[/quote]Ahh, guess so.

But surely not much different to spending loads on a player, e.g Jackson? 

I''d love him here, but I like the look of all 4 of our CB''s atm, not including Whitbread, obviously. [:)]

On the ball i firmly believe Whitbread is our most talented defender, and his technical and positional side is far from lacking. Infact i think that it is that aspect of his play that convinced Lambert to head hunt him so early during his tenure. Soundbites from inside the club coming from the likes of Russell Martin, Ian Crook and Paul Lambert himself do emphasise how apt a defender he is in this department, and if strengthened he has the potential to be one, if not the best central defender outside of the Premier League in England.The only issues that can be levelled at Whitbread are at his physicality, and it is here where he has, and arguably will come up short unfortunately. Though the thought of one day being able to field him at his peak sways one to believe he''s worth persevering with.

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]Oh look, he has a funny name. Cue the clamour for his signature for Norwich![/quote]Don''t think people called Danny would agree but I doubt the NCFC Shirt Lettering Dept would be rushed off their feet if he was to sign up........

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mushroom"]Has been released by Bolton Wanderers today, would anyone have him here permanently so we don''t have to rely on short term loans to fill the gaps while injury affects us at centre back?[/quote]

I don''t think he''d want to be number 2 in the pecking order.[/quote]

[quote user="paul ncfc"]He appears to have been dumped on a few times in his career, there must be a reason?[/quote]

At each of his clubs, he does seem to get squeezed out eventually.

I''m really glad you posted that, KC.  I thought it was going to be one of those awkward moments where somebody attempts to be amusing and the thread abruptly dies...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I''m really glad you posted that, KC.  I thought it was going to be one of those awkward moments where somebody attempts to be amusing and the thread abruptly dies...[/quote]I actually quite liked your joke. I''m just not the type to quote it and write LOL under it. Thats what Banana is here for.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I''m really glad you posted that, KC.  I thought it was going to be one of those awkward moments where somebody attempts to be amusing and the thread abruptly dies...[/quote]Pffft. You''re the one that said it Graham.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I''m really glad you posted that, KC.  I thought it was going to be one of those awkward moments where somebody attempts to be amusing and the thread abruptly dies...[/quote]I actually quite liked your joke. I''m just not the type to quote it and write LOL under it. Thats what Banana is here for.[/quote]LOL!

A great player at this level. I think the question you have to ask when signing a player is whether he is better than what you already have. I personally think he would be, but I notice Celtic have offered him terms already.