Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

100 things you miss about league 1

[quote user="TheGoogler"]What are you on about, Canary1902? We don''t have a "winning mentality" in the Championship? What a crock of crap! And if you''d been to the games, you''d know Russell Martin has been consistently good since Scunthorpe.[/quote]

Ok, first of all let me congratulate you on your amazing attitude towards your fellow fans and their opinions.

Secondly, its too early in the league for a winning mentality to see how the season is going to go. Last season we would flying high and felt unstopable. Do you feel like we are unstopable already?

Second of all, I was at the Scunthorpe match, and hung my head every time RM got the ball. He put his foot through it god knows how many times, mis-timed his passed, was poor with his clearly and generally had a shocking game I felt. I don''t enjoy criticising our players you know. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And in MY opinion, RM is a great player, he just doesn''t seem to have his head in it yet like last season

[quote user="Canary1902"]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]What are you on about, Canary1902? We don''t have a "winning mentality" in the Championship? What a crock of crap! And if you''d been to the games, you''d know Russell Martin has been consistently good since Scunthorpe.[/quote]

Second of all, I was at the Scunthorpe match, and hung my head every time RM got the ball. He put his foot through it god knows how many times, mis-timed his passed, was poor with his clearly and generally had a shocking game I felt. I don''t enjoy criticising our players you know. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And in MY opinion, RM is a great player, he just doesn''t seem to have his head in it yet like last season

[/quote]

"Clearance", its early

[quote user="Canary1902"][quote user="Canary1902"]

[/quote]

"Clearance", its early

[/quote]Did you not notice the... ''Since?'' [:)]I personally thought his performance at Forest, is 1 of the best I''ve seen him give. But, as Lambert said, that''s one of the best performances from the whole team, that we''ve seen in a long time!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Have we not got the winning mentality at the club now?
[/quote]

If you bothered to read all the conversation instead of just selected posts before you criticised you would see that I have already explained that bit.

Its seriously pointless having an opinion on here.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]What are you on about, Canary1902?

We don''t have a "winning mentality" in the Championship? What a crock of crap! And if you''d been to the games, you''d know Russell Martin has been consistently good since Scunthorpe.[/quote]Good reply!All this Russell Martin slating is a load of poo. He is a quality player for me, and easily good enough for the Champ. [Y]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="TheGoogler"]What are you on about, Canary1902? We don''t have a "winning mentality" in the Championship? What a crock of crap! And if you''d been to the games, you''d know Russell Martin has been consistently good since Scunthorpe.[/quote]Good reply!

All this Russell Martin slating is a load of poo. He is a quality player for me, and easily good enough for the Champ. [Y]
[/quote]

I didn''t think that he could make the step up, but now he has, I''m glad [Y]

It was fun. But would have got seriously tedious after another season. The Johnstones Paints Trophy draw is just being made on Soccer AM. Are you sure you would want that again?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

As it''s quiet on here at the mo and just for fun........

1. Being a big fish in a small pond

2. Singing we are top of the league

Over to you!

[/quote]A Delia Smith free front page on the EDP........That''s all.

Looking back now, relegation to League 1 was good for the club but only because Lambert came in and shook things up, it''s brought back the winning mentality and feel-good factor to the club but this time last year we were struggling in the bottom half and had things not changed we could be in real trouble now and stuck in there for the forseable future.It was enjoyable for 1 season because we were winning and got to check out some of the football league outposts but imagine facing up to another season in the third tier and winter trips to Carlisle etc.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

As it''s quiet on here at the mo and just for fun........

1. Being a big fish in a small pond

2. Singing we are top of the league

Over to you!

[/quote]

A Delia Smith free front page on the EDP........

That''s all.
[/quote]

Yeah, it helps you not to [+o(]

[quote user="Canary1902"]

1. Being one of the sides to beat

2. The winning mentality of the club

3. Russell Martin having a good game

[/quote]

1, We could turn out to be one of the teams to beat!

2, We certainly have a winning mentality his season as well!

3, Russell Martin has done more than OK this season and at Forest he had a good game against very competant players in a team that came 3rd in last seasons Championship, a finishing position that would of resulted in promotion to the top flight before the play offs came about.It annoys me that Russell Martin has been picked out by many fans as the scapegoat who supposedly never has a good game and when he does the blinkered bandwagon jumping fans are so blinkered they miss it!