Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

350 Extra STs Available

I think that answers some questions.  The club thinks it may not sell out in the future, so split the difference and offer some STs up to fill a few more gaps.

Even more people able to watch ultra cheap football at Carrow Road.  When the number of season ticket holders is taken into account we probably offer other than Wigan the cheapest proffessional football in the country. Well done the board, lets hope everyone renews next year with the price nudge that will be enevitable.   

What about us exiles who can only make the odd game?They''ve ranked up casual ticket prices, I as a student can''t afford almost £30 to watch a game of football. So by raising prices and removing under 21 tickets they''ve created empty seats and are just going to sell them as season tickets when that actually works out cheaper on a per game basis than just reducing casual prices slightly.

Why not just take the club''s explanstion at face value ie "responding to fans demand for more season tickets." Presumably there is still a waiting list.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Why not just take the club''s explanstion at face value ie "responding to fans demand for more season tickets." Presumably there is still a waiting list.[/quote]

One thing is for sure though Dave,none will be aged 16-21.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]What about us exiles who can only make the odd game?

They''ve ranked up casual ticket prices, I as a student can''t afford almost £30 to watch a game of football. So by raising prices and removing under 21 tickets they''ve created empty seats and are just going to sell them as season tickets when that actually works out cheaper on a per game basis than just reducing casual prices slightly.
[/quote]

As much as I see football for all as an important part of the offering I do feel that the club cannot keep prices ridiculously low for people that only go to 5 games per year. Your argument put into context shows that a season ticket will cost an under 21 £200. There are 21 games left, this works out at less than £10 a game. If we assume you were planning to go to 10 games ( half ) this puts the cost at under £20 per game. Taking it a step furthercould you not find somebody that you could share a ticket with doing 10 games each and tossing a coin for the Ipswich game ?. I have made the assumption here that season tickets will be priced as new ticket prices still have the same pricing brackets and will be reducing very slightly as 2 games gone. 

Assuming the club have not abolished student season tickets ( if they have I apologise ) I dont see what else they can do. Remember that we cannot charge away supporters more than our supporters ( FA rules ) so if we have cheap football for casuals as well we also have to charge away supporters those low prices. I would also guess ( only a guess ) that those supporters that went to all / almost all games last year now have a season ticket. Again I realise as I used to travel every game from Birmingham that your travel will cost around £40 per game, because of the increase in petrol prices this cost has gone up % whys far more than the cost of your ticket. Personally I say this is a massive move by the club to ensure that a many as possible can watch NCFC at very cheap prices       

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Felixfan"]Why not just take the club''s explanstion at face value ie "responding to fans demand for more season tickets." Presumably there is still a waiting list.[/quote]

[/quote]

In view of this and to help I just rung the office at FCR.

Hopefully thiis will help you under 21s - this bracket IS AVAILABLE and priced at under £200 N & P £221 lower Barclay. If Til has been told this I suggest you get on the phone qick before they realise their misake.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]This does indeed suggest there is still a demand for season tickets, but

it also suggests that casual sales have not been going as well as the

club expected, given that 1,100 extra seats were installed. And the

ramping up of casual prices - particularly for 16-20-year-olds - may

well have been a factor there.The important point to remember is that at Carrow Road with a season

ticket you don''t become an adult until 21. With casual tickets it''s as

soon as you hit 16. A survey (not quite finished) of other Championship clubs shows we are

not quite alone in counting 16-year-olds as adults, but very nearly.

Leeds do it as well.

If sales have been low then this extra allocation of season tickets is one obvious answer, partly because it might actually appeal to some in that pre-adult group hit by the casual pricing structure, but so

too is a more moderate policy on casual prices and the grading of games.

It will be interesting to see if that happens, as has already happened

at Preston, where the chairman admitted they had underestimated the

recession and set prices too high.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

As much as I see football for all as an important part of the offering I do feel that the club cannot keep prices ridiculously low for people that only go to 5 games per year. Your argument put into context shows that a season ticket will cost an under 21 £200. There are 21 games left, this works out at less than £10 a game. If we assume you were planning to go to 10 games ( half ) this puts the cost at under £20 per game. Taking it a step furthercould you not find somebody that you could share a ticket with doing 10 games each and tossing a coin for the Ipswich game ?. I have made the assumption here that season tickets will be priced as new ticket prices still have the same pricing brackets and will be reducing very slightly as 2 games gone. 

Assuming the club have not abolished student season tickets ( if they have I apologise ) I dont see what else they can do. Remember that we cannot charge away supporters more than our supporters ( FA rules ) so if we have cheap football for casuals as well we also have to charge away supporters those low prices. I would also guess ( only a guess ) that those supporters that went to all / almost all games last year now have a season ticket. Again I realise as I used to travel every game from Birmingham that your travel will cost around £40 per game, because of the increase in petrol prices this cost has gone up % whys far more than the cost of your ticket. Personally I say this is a massive move by the club to ensure that a many as possible can watch NCFC at very cheap prices       

[/quote]I''ve always stated NCFC have to be competitive with everybody else. I just don''t think it''s right that they scrap under 21/student tickets, pretty much shutting the doors on me and many other supporters who travel across the country to get to Carrow Road. Last season I travelled from Nottingham for 7/8 home games, this season I shall just be travelling to away games.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

I''ve always stated NCFC have to be competitive with everybody else. I just don''t think it''s right that they scrap under 21/student tickets, pretty much shutting the doors on me and many other supporters who travel across the country to get to Carrow Road. Last season I travelled from Nottingham for 7/8 home games, this season I shall just be travelling to away games.
[/quote]

Try and get somebody to share a ticket Trent will cost you both £10 per game.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]What about us exiles who can only make the odd game?They''ve ranked up casual ticket prices, I as a student can''t afford almost £30 to watch a game of football. So by raising prices and removing under 21 tickets they''ve created empty seats and are just going to sell them as season tickets when that actually works out cheaper on a per game basis than just reducing casual prices slightly.[/quote]

[/quote]I see it as the club realising that they are failing to sell enough casual tickets at the high prices they have been asking. Their answer is to reduce the number of casual tickets that go on sale by increasing the number of season tickets.

[quote user="tom cavendish"] I see it as the club realising that they are failing to sell enough casual tickets at the high prices they have been asking. Their answer is to reduce the number of casual tickets that go on sale by increasing the number of season tickets.[/quote]But had they just been a little more conservative with the casual pricing policy, had they kept the 16-21 tickets at say £15-20 a game then they''d sell a lot more matchday tickets and make more than a season ticket which works out at less per game.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="tom cavendish"] I see it as the club realising that they are failing to sell enough casual tickets at the high prices they have been asking. Their answer is to reduce the number of casual tickets that go on sale by increasing the number of season tickets.[/quote]But had they just been a little more conservative with the casual pricing policy, had they kept the 16-21 tickets at say £15-20 a game then they''d sell a lot more matchday tickets and make more than a season ticket which works out at less per game.[/quote]The thing is, everyone loves to theorise about this, but no one actually knows if the prices were dropped more people would come.And 3 or 4 people saying on a message board that they would go if it were cheaper hardly constitutes it being worth changing the pricing policy.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="tom cavendish"]
I see it as the club realising that they are failing to sell enough casual tickets at the high prices they have been asking. Their answer is to reduce the number of casual tickets that go on sale by increasing the number of season tickets.
[/quote]

But had they just been a little more conservative with the casual pricing policy, had they kept the 16-21 tickets at say £15-20 a game then they''d sell a lot more matchday tickets and make more than a season ticket which works out at less per game.
[/quote]

That''s too much commonsense.... LOL.   Perhaps they want to keep casual prices high to keep ticket prices high for away fans and thus optimise those revenues.  

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="tom cavendish"] I see it as the club realising that they are failing to sell enough casual tickets at the high prices they have been asking. Their answer is to reduce the number of casual tickets that go on sale by increasing the number of season tickets.[/quote]But had they just been a little more conservative with the casual pricing policy, had they kept the 16-21 tickets at say £15-20 a game then they''d sell a lot more matchday tickets and make more than a season ticket which works out at less per game.[/quote]The thing is, everyone loves to theorise about this, but no one actually knows if the prices were dropped more people would come.And 3 or 4 people saying on a message board that they would go if it were cheaper hardly constitutes it being worth changing the pricing policy.[/quote]Morty, which bit of:"I''m keeping out of this."...did you not understand?![;)][:D][;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="tom cavendish"] I see it as the club realising that they are failing to sell enough casual tickets at the high prices they have been asking. Their answer is to reduce the number of casual tickets that go on sale by increasing the number of season tickets.[/quote]But had they just been a little more conservative with the casual pricing policy, had they kept the 16-21 tickets at say £15-20 a game then they''d sell a lot more matchday tickets and make more than a season ticket which works out at less per game.[/quote]The thing is, everyone loves to theorise about this, but no one actually knows if the prices were dropped more people would come.And 3 or 4 people saying on a message board that they would go if it were cheaper hardly constitutes it being worth changing the pricing policy.[/quote]Morty, which bit of:"I''m keeping out of this."...did you not understand?![;)][:D][;)][/quote]I shall discuss pricing, just not whether or not freeloading students deserve discount.[;)]

What about you?  Tough luck.  Move back to Norwich if you are that upset by it all and cannot possibly afford it.[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]What about us exiles who can only make the odd game?They''ve ranked up casual ticket prices, I as a student can''t afford almost £30 to watch a game of football. So by raising prices and removing under 21 tickets they''ve created empty seats and are just going to sell them as season tickets when that actually works out cheaper on a per game basis than just reducing casual prices slightly.[/quote]

The fact of the matter is,  if the club had just been a bit more conservative with the pricing they would be filling those 2,000 empty seats at £15-20 a seat rather than than trying to sell at £25-30 and not doing so. When you consider there are 20,500 season ticket holders and a few hundred away fans, that leaves less than 4,000 casual ticket sales at the new prices, i''m certain had they kept the 16-21 tickets at up to £20 a seat they''d have sold another 2,000 tickets and made a lot more money on each match.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]I think that answers some questions.  The club thinks it may not sell out in the future, so split the difference and offer some STs up to fill a few more gaps.
[/quote]

Similar to what I was thinking. It seems that the club has realised it has hiked up casual prices to much and is therefore trying to sell some more of the seats as season tickets. This rubbish about the extra ST''s being available cause of the capacity doesn''t add up cause we''ve had the extra 1000 seats since the Watford game.

Would be easier to just reintroduce 16-21 prices and admit they were wrong with the pricing!

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]I think that answers some questions.  The club thinks it may not sell out in the future, so split the difference and offer some STs up to fill a few more gaps.
[/quote]

Similar to what I was thinking. It seems that the club has realised it has hiked up casual prices to much and is therefore trying to sell some more of the seats as season tickets. This rubbish about the extra ST''s being available cause of the capacity doesn''t add up cause we''ve had the extra 1000 seats since the Watford game.

Would be easier to just reintroduce 16-21 prices and admit they were wrong with the pricing!

Even more people able to watch ultra cheap football at Carrow Road.  When the number of season ticket holders is taken into account we probably offer other than Wigan the cheapest proffessional football in the country. Well done the board, lets hope everyone renews next year with the price nudge that will be enevitable.   

[/quote]

I don''t think so!

Our season ticket prices are competitive but they are not the cheapest around and I''m sure Blackburn have cheaper ST''s than us as well?

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

I don''t think so!

Our season ticket prices are competitive but they are not the cheapest around and I''m sure Blackburn have cheaper ST''s than us as well?

[/quote]

And the D/D payment goes on all year round with 4 months no football, but a great way of buying a S/T, with my gang its a godsend 

There have always been U-21 season tickets available - so it is no mistake, I have had one since the beginning of the season. They just don''t have U-21 casual matchday tickets, and so anyone over 16 has to pay £31 for an adult ticket.

Really stupid though, cause the U-21 season ticket is cheaper than a Seniors, yet, if you want to go as an U-21 and upgrade your ticket from a seniors you have to pay the twenty something quid difference between a senior match day ticket and an adult (as I found when trying to take a friend on my dad''s ticket). It really needs sorting out (a U-21/students matchday price, the easiest solution). I was really annoyed when I went down to the ticket office the next day to sort it out, and then they said if I wanted to upgrade my U-21 to an adult for a match day, they''d charge me twenty something quid again! What a stupid system! It''s all a massive con!

I got the sense, when talking to the people in the ticket office that it hadn''t all been thought through, just a last minute push to take some more money! Its no wonder we don''t sell out with hair brained schemes like that!

No idea why they''ve binned the Under 21 bracket...as our season tickets are great value but I would be buying a casual ticket for adult prices. Last season (when I didn''t have a season ticket) I could purchase an under 21 ticket for around £12-£15 which was fair, especially for an age bracket that won''t have a lot of spare change.

Me and my 3 mates are all U21''s and just got 4 season tickets together - much better value than the casual prices lately!

For all the casual ticket guys and gals, have you noticed how much Preston are charging for the game against us?  I know they dont get anywhere near to selling out hence why the price is what it is, but as i''ve said before with regards to our casual ticketing policy, they need to re-assess the grading of games and price them accordingly.  IE Watford should not be a grade A game and Barnsley should not be a grade B game, these are 2 of the worst teams in the league. 

Also just wanted to add to the point about sharing a season ticket.  Aren''t the club supposed to be clamping down on this more this season?