Sign in to follow this  
RichT - The Biscuit

Ian Harte....

I''m in a hotel in Reading reading the local paper and have just read an interview with Ian Harte who glass stated that he had interest from us but nothing came of it!

I know he''s getting in a bit but I think he would have been a good edition, especially at the £150k being suggested that Reading paid!

Do you think he was an option until Barnett came available or we wouldn''t pay that much so we loan instead?

I for one prefer Barnett, age/pace etc but I don''t recall reading anything about this locally?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If we had rolling subs in football and he could be wheeled on & off for set pieces then yes but he''s now an average centre back rather than being a top class left back in his prime.[/quote]Or a crafty player with a bloody capsule?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If we had rolling subs in football and he could be wheeled on & off for set pieces then yes but he''s now an average centre back rather than being a top class left back in his prime.
[/quote]

Agreed about that. He had to be included in the league 1 team of the year because his goal tally from defence was unreal. But defensively I have heard from a lot of people that he was pretty slow and suspect last season.