Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

I met Steven Smith today.

Sold him a contract for a phone at work. Was a really nice guy, from I gathered he should be back playing soon. Asked how him and his girlfriend (who was with him) have settled into the area and they said it was nice, warmer than where they''ve moved from etc.

Looking forward to seeing him in action. I know it''s not the most interesting thing ever to post about but thought some people might be interested.

[quote user="Lambo"]

Sold him a contract for a phone at work. Was a really nice guy, from I gathered he should be back playing soon. Asked how him and his girlfriend (who was with him) have settled into the area and they said it was nice, warmer than where they''ve moved from etc.

Looking forward to seeing him in action. I know it''s not the most interesting thing ever to post about but thought some people might be interested.

[/quote]

It''s about a million times more relevant than anything Bly posts mate! Good to hear he''s on the mend to give Drury some competition. Thought he looked a bit below his best at Forest, so a bit of a challenge would be good.

[quote user="Lambo"]

The international break will help him. Give him some time to get to full match fitness.

[/quote]Well, hate to be picky, but technically speaking he''ll be in need of some ''matches'' for that.But hopefully such an interval will allow him to recover before he misses any more time that would be better spent on the pitch than the treatment table.

Yeah, I didn''t word that quite right. But to train regularly so he can come in and do a job for us.

I recognised his face but it wasn''t still he gave me his name i twigged who it was. I didn''t mention about knowing who he was til you get the the "and who''s your employer??" part & he said "Norwich City Football Club" though.

[quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]Did you only know it was him by the name on the contract? I wouldn''t recognise him if he slapped me round the face with his ballsack.[/quote]

You wouldnt forget him in a hurry though.

didn''t mention DPA (confidentiality clauses have been around well before the 1998 DPA, and i''m sure your own company has its own rules and regs), but wasn''t really the point I was making.

It must be a nightmare being a footballer and never having any privacy.

All I said was I served him while at work, spoke about his fitness and how (bearing in mind he''s moved from Scotland) he''s settled into the area.

I feel sorry that you have to work on a Sunday! If he is good enough to displace Drury, he must be one he''ll of a player!

I don''t mind it actually, Gives me a day off in the week when it''s not so busy trying to get shopping or other stuff done.

[quote user="If wed kept Howie.."]I''d be sacked (and subject to legal action) if I disclosed the name or activity of any customer/client.[/quote]Mr Smith from London.. thats you on the Dole then!

[quote user="If wed kept Howie"]didn''t mention DPA (confidentiality clauses have been around well before the 1998 DPA, and i''m sure your own company has its own rules and regs), but wasn''t really the point I was making. It must be a nightmare being a footballer and never having any privacy.[/quote]

I cant imagine he''ll be too worried that someone has posted that he upgraded his phone contract, its not like he told us where he worked, who Smith''s phone provider was or anything else personal about him.

Exactly, thank you CA.

Just thought i''d share the fact that he''d said he was settling into the area well & not far from match fitness.

****If we''d kept Howie..

"It must be a nightmare being a footballer and never having any privacy."****

loll must be a right nightmare being a professional footballer, all that money, fame and birds. why cant they have an easy life, like fighting in Afghanistan

"It must be a nightmare being a footballer and never having any privacy."

He is getting paid thousands a month to be a revered professional, a lot of people would do anything for his job. To be occasionally spoken about is a very small price to pay, if we were supporting a top of the Premier League club, I''d be inclined to agree with you, but a mid table Championship side get no real coverage, just an interest in our players lifes. I think that the tabloids do take their coverage far too far, but I think it''ll be a while before EDP reporters camp outside the players homes.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]Did you only know it was him by the name on the contract? I wouldn''t recognise him if he slapped me round the face with his ballsack.[/quote]

You wouldnt forget him in a hurry though.

[/quote]

Lmao!!! that just made me laugh,

When I come to think about it I have never met a celeb ( apart from Delia) to talk to in all my life. I wonder if I should feel sad about it or if I have missed something. Maybe its not my fault, maybe celebs are not interested in me.....if they were I suppose I would be a celeb by association ... an ABC.... or is that streching it a bit far?