Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

So Close....Yet So Far

I have just returned from my annual trip to Burghley Horse Trials. My wife is a fanatic and I take her every year.

Yesterday morning, just after 9am, I was walking around the trade stands and getting ready for a nice day of cross country when I saw a familier face coming right towards me......

It was HIM, It was the rodent....It was Glenn Roeder and his more attractive wife.

I couldnt help myself and instantly filled with hate. There was me and my wife in amongst some toffy nosed posh folk and my mouth just wouldnt stop showing my common side.

Mr Roeder definately heard me say to my shy wife " I f**king hate that t**t, he not only wasted £5m we didnt have, he also got us relegated". Should I be ashamed of my common as muck outburst???

I was genuinely angry for most of the day that I hadnt seen him sooner. In a crowd of that size I could easily have stuck out a leg and sent Roeder flying. I hate that man.

If he did hear you, he must have been left wondering what club you supported. Wasting money his clubs didn''t have and getting his club relegated are hallmarks of his career in football management.

To be honest my reaction would have been the same. The damage that man did to our club is very difficult to quantify. He laid the foundations of relegation so to speak and Gunny completed the job. But for Paul Lambert''s intervention I dread to think where we would be now. Possibly where are Plymouth are at the moment in league 1

Scary ratty Roeder appears from no-where and is chasing you down the stairs with a knife. You have kids so you have stair-gates installed, you reach the stair-gate...do you shut the stair-gate to slow him down or carry on sprinting?

Neither, you turn around and nail the fucker!

Delia Smith took us down.......Why can''t you lot understand that?

I''ve met Roeder on a number of occasions through work and he is actually a really nice guy, was more than happy to chat a bit about his time at Norwich after being told I am a Norwich fan. If you had approached him civily he would have more than likely been willing to talk to you about it as well; although seeing as he was probably on holiday possibly not.

What actually happened was that Roeder took over a club demoralised and weakened by years of player sales and saved it from a £4m relegation from an almost impossible position at the bottom of the table.

He was then down to a squad containing 9 senior pro`s and decided,with a limited budget, to continue with the loans policy which worked the previous season.  It failed miserably.  He obviously wasn`t a great manager but it wasn`t his fault that the club was in such a terrible state when he took over.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

What actually happened was that Roeder took over a club demoralised and weakened by years of player sales and saved it from a £4m relegation from an almost impossible position at the bottom of the table.

He was then down to a squad containing 9 senior pro`s and decided,with a limited budget, to continue with the loans policy which worked the previous season.  It failed miserably.  He obviously wasn`t a great manager but it wasn`t his fault that the club was in such a terrible state when he took over.

[/quote]

... but it was his fault that he decided not to select Hucks at Leicester when we were riding high in the league, and instead put in a useless raw teenage winger from Reading, thus assisting in us getting thrashed and losing our winning momentum. [:@]

Roeder? He only delayed the inevitable.... 

Unfortunately, it had to take that inevitable....to give the board the huge kick up the ar$e - that it so desperately required and deserved....

I don''t put the blame entirely on Roeder....There were other guilty contributors....

of course the board holding on to worthington too long, Giving Peter Grant, the Glenn Roeder, then Bryan Gunn the job had nothing to do with it either?it was the board that relegated us, certain people on that board at that time had their heads up their backsides... then rode in Sherrif McNally and his sidekick the Bowkett Kid.... they took care of the mob.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]of course the board holding on to worthington too long, Giving Peter Grant, the Glenn Roeder, then Bryan Gunn the job had nothing to do with it either?

it was the board that relegated us, certain people on that board at that time had their heads up their backsides... then rode in Sherrif McNally and his sidekick the Bowkett Kid.... they took care of the mob.
[/quote]

As one of your MB buddies on here said in the post before yours : " Roeder? He only delayed the inevitable...."

By the time Gunn took over the damage had well and truly been done. Gunn laid the foundations for the the League 1 success and  Lambert had had no problem recognising that.