Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Jason Shackell

A good reception. He was one of our own (through the youth ranks) rather than bought and sold. Surprised he isn''t playing at a higher level to be honest.

I thought he did us well. I used to like to watch him play. Earned us a million quid when he left us and I never had the feeling that he really wanted to go. Came back like a shot when we needed him on loan.

Sure give him a good reception!

I have a photo taken of him, me and Hucks on my birthday in the Gunn Club.He was man of the match that day. Would be five years ago now.....wow!

I really rated Shacks, and still do. He''ll get a good reception from me, though i expect my fellow City fans to mostly boo. We''re like that, unfortunately. Probably my main gripe with City fans...

Hope he has a mare on Saturday though!

I''l be applauding him for sure. He never demanded a move or anything, he had a good oppourtunity & we got a good price. He doesn''t deserve to be booed.

Money was far too good to turn down, and went a long way to getting us Surman I''d imagine, very happy however might have been a different story had Roeder got in a good replacement, were never strong that season after Stefanovic got injured early on with Kennedy.

he''ll get a good response. he did well for us in his time here and i wish him all the best.put £2 on him as in true fromer player style he will score against us!

He was forced out, he didnt want to go and the money we got was used to pay Sibierskis wages...What a waste.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I''d have him over any of the 4 CBd we have at the club now![/quote]

Me too, Shackell and the Doc would be a much better pairing than any of the CB''s we have now.

Well the £1m we got for him went towards sit-on-your-arse-ski. Roeder wasting yet more money he get for some real talent. I think shack would come back if given the chance [y]

This the same shackell who was prone making mistakes!? while i do agree he shouldnt be booed he certinaly was not great for us, and i think everyone was ina shock we got a million pounds for him. i would rather have ward from what i seen so far, and if barnett contines to plays as well as he did against forrest, then he is a player must sign permanently

[quote user="simo86"]This the same shackell who was prone making mistakes!? while i do agree he shouldnt be booed he certinaly was not great for us, and i think everyone was ina shock we got a million pounds for him. i would rather have ward from what i seen so far, and if barnett contines to plays as well as he did against forrest, then he is a player must sign permanently[/quote]

you don''t no what your saying [8]

think shackells best season was during the prem season, but then he never improved year on year as he should have done.

Wolves realised it... he was part of a defensive partnership that almost took us down, then he was part of a defensive partenrship that took us down.

Stefanovic and kennedy could have been brilliant, just shows you the thin line between success and failure.

Shacks shouldn''t get booed but not a player that i have any feeling for, however mark robins. A very under valued player here at ncfc, technically one of the gifted since the mid 80''s and poorly treated. Big fan of mark robins a complete striker.

Good receptipn I hope cause he was a good servant for us!

Legend has it he was only sold by the managerial nightmare Roedernowhere in order to finance the Sibierski deal!

Great business there!

Can we swap him for Whitbread?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]he''ll get a good response. he did well for us in his time here and i wish him all the best.put £2 on him as in true fromer player style he will score against us![/quote]

You mean like Earnie the other week Jas? :P