Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Huckerbys Boots - Blog Writers Needed!!!

Id like to include a blog page on the site, perhaps even a page dedicated to all the blog writers who feature on the pinkun, WITS etc. If any of the current crop want a regular ''home'' for their blog or if any new writers would like to contribute then let me know.http://www.huckerbysboots.com/

Do these have to be Norwich City related blogs? Or can they be more football in general? Something possibly about football from around the world.

I want to do a blog, but due to work I find it increasingly hard to get to Norwich games, so feel I can''t really add a lot to the discussion based on the Football League Show highlights.

I''ve contemplated blog writing, though i''ve found it too daunting in the past to start one up. I''m not sure of the kind of time and dedication required, and how regular they''d need to be. I also only attend 3 or 4 football games a season, although i am an avid follower of Norwich City from afar, always listen to games and features on the radio, regularly partake in debate and discussion on message boards, am up to date with all the comings and goings via the web...etc., and despite my infrequent Carrow Road visitations, i believe i''m as capable as any of forming my own opinion on both Norwich City, and football in a general sense (if there''s room to expand my ''rants'' in these blogs).I''m also interested in journalism, and it is the area my academic life seems to be leading me at the moment, so i''d candidly appreciate the opportunity to take a "step in to the ring", so to speak.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Do these have to be Norwich City related blogs? Or can they be more football in general? Something possibly about football from around the world.

I want to do a blog, but due to work I find it increasingly hard to get to Norwich games, so feel I can''t really add a lot to the discussion based on the Football League Show highlights.

[/quote]Yeah Bethnal football in general would be fine, im looking for a few contributors to be honest. Im sure you could muster a small opinion on Norwich and a football on the whole would be good.

[quote user="John"]I''ve contemplated blog writing, though i''ve found it too daunting in the past to start one up. I''m not sure of the kind of time and dedication required, and how regular they''d need to be. I also only attend 3 or 4 football games a season, although i am an avid follower of Norwich City from afar, always listen to games and features on the radio, regularly partake in debate and discussion on message boards, am up to date with all the comings and goings via the web...etc., and despite my infrequent Carrow Road visitations, i believe i''m as capable as any of forming my own opinion on both Norwich City, and football in a general sense (if there''s room to expand my ''rants'' in these blogs).I''m also interested in journalism, and it is the area my academic life seems to be leading me at the moment, so i''d candidly appreciate the opportunity to take a "step in to the ring", so to speak.[/quote]Would like a rant type blog John defo, something along the lines of the ''man in the stands'' that used to write for the pinkun paper. If youve got some important issue''s to get off your chest concerning Norwich then lets hear em!

[quote user="HuckerbysBootsMatt"][quote user="John"]I''ve contemplated blog writing, though i''ve found it too daunting in the past to start one up. I''m not sure of the kind of time and dedication required, and how regular they''d need to be. I also only attend 3 or 4 football games a season, although i am an avid follower of Norwich City from afar, always listen to games and features on the radio, regularly partake in debate and discussion on message boards, am up to date with all the comings and goings via the web...etc., and despite my infrequent Carrow Road visitations, i believe i''m as capable as any of forming my own opinion on both Norwich City, and football in a general sense (if there''s room to expand my ''rants'' in these blogs).I''m also interested in journalism, and it is the area my academic life seems to be leading me at the moment, so i''d candidly appreciate the opportunity to take a "step in to the ring", so to speak.[/quote]Would like a rant type blog John defo, something along the lines of the ''man in the stands'' that used to write for the pinkun paper. If youve got some important issue''s to get off your chest concerning Norwich then lets hear em![/quote]I''m not utterly sure i''ll be able to keep the rants going if Lamberts keeps up the fine form other than be a little ''picky'' i guess. But rest assured i''ll be able to latch onto things if it all goes a little haywire! I''ve already got an England one practically done mind you, it only needs typing up.And considering my Carrow Road attendance ''record'' i should imagine continuing the name of  MITS would be a bit of a stretch, but i''m happy to keep his style going!Though pardon my naivety as i haven''t done this before, do i submit my written blog to you to put on the website via email, or am i granted some sort of access to it via password or something to put it up myself?

I fancy forming a political party called "Norwic City First" with the aim of getting two or three guys elected to the Council.These members would then formally appreciate the publicity and good works the Club is bringing to, and giving to, the area and in return attempt to help the clup increase its success on the field. The ultimate aim would be to build a new stadium which the Club could use on a pepercorn rent and which would be of more use to the community than Carrow Road.

You want me to blog this until it gets big enough to carry itself?

[quote user="John"][quote user="HuckerbysBootsMatt"][quote user="John"]I''ve contemplated blog writing, though i''ve found it too daunting in the past to start one up. I''m not sure of the kind of time and dedication required, and how regular they''d need to be. I also only attend 3 or 4 football games a season, although i am an avid follower of Norwich City from afar, always listen to games and features on the radio, regularly partake in debate and discussion on message boards, am up to date with all the comings and goings via the web...etc., and despite my infrequent Carrow Road visitations, i believe i''m as capable as any of forming my own opinion on both Norwich City, and football in a general sense (if there''s room to expand my ''rants'' in these blogs).I''m also interested in journalism, and it is the area my academic life seems to be leading me at the moment, so i''d candidly appreciate the opportunity to take a "step in to the ring", so to speak.[/quote]Would like a rant type blog John defo, something along the lines of the ''man in the stands'' that used to write for the pinkun paper. If youve got some important issue''s to get off your chest concerning Norwich then lets hear em![/quote]I''m not utterly sure i''ll be able to keep the rants going if Lamberts keeps up the fine form other than be a little ''picky'' i guess. But rest assured i''ll be able to latch onto things if it all goes a little haywire! I''ve already got an England one practically done mind you, it only needs typing up.And considering my Carrow Road attendance ''record'' i should imagine continuing the name of  MITS would be a bit of a stretch, but i''m happy to keep his style going!Though pardon my naivety as i haven''t done this before, do i submit my written blog to you to put on the website via email, or am i granted some sort of access to it via password or something to put it up myself?[/quote]

John, you''re a decent young writer - don''t waste your talents at Huckerby''s Boots as hardly anybody goes there.I''m amazed the site is still out there.

Now I''ve given up my season ticket, I could write a blog as a "Non-Regular Twat" featuring insights such as "those casual prices aren''t half expensive," "Who are the ones in yellow?" and "What do you mean it''s two quid for a coffee?"

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Now I''ve given up my season ticket, I could write a blog as a "Non-Regular Twat" featuring insights such as "those casual prices aren''t half expensive," "Who are the ones in yellow?" and "What do you mean it''s two quid for a coffee?"[/quote]

Chops, another good writer - if you write a blog for that place, please be sure to also put it up here at the Pink ''Un so''s  I and others can read it.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Now I''ve given up my season ticket, I could write a blog as a "Non-Regular Twat" featuring insights such as "those casual prices aren''t half expensive," "Who are the ones in yellow?" and "What do you mean it''s two quid for a coffee?"

[/quote]

Sorry Mr Chops, and I don''t mean to be nosy if it is some private reason, but why have you given up your season ticket?

To give up my season ticket in the Barclay would take a lot as it is part of my life (and I cannot express my hatred enough to say how humiliated I feel at having to be transported to my seat in the service lift for a game).. Those who accepted the design for the Barclay without  proper access for the disabled and unwell should be very ashamed of themselves.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="John"][quote user="HuckerbysBootsMatt"][quote user="John"]I''ve contemplated blog writing, though i''ve found it too daunting in the past to start one up. I''m not sure of the kind of time and dedication required, and how regular they''d need to be. I also only attend 3 or 4 football games a season, although i am an avid follower of Norwich City from afar, always listen to games and features on the radio, regularly partake in debate and discussion on message boards, am up to date with all the comings and goings via the web...etc., and despite my infrequent Carrow Road visitations, i believe i''m as capable as any of forming my own opinion on both Norwich City, and football in a general sense (if there''s room to expand my ''rants'' in these blogs).I''m also interested in journalism, and it is the area my academic life seems to be leading me at the moment, so i''d candidly appreciate the opportunity to take a "step in to the ring", so to speak.[/quote]Would like a rant type blog John defo, something along the lines of the ''man in the stands'' that used to write for the pinkun paper. If youve got some important issue''s to get off your chest concerning Norwich then lets hear em![/quote]I''m not utterly sure i''ll be able to keep the rants going if Lamberts keeps up the fine form other than be a little ''picky'' i guess. But rest assured i''ll be able to latch onto things if it all goes a little haywire! I''ve already got an England one practically done mind you, it only needs typing up.And considering my Carrow Road attendance ''record'' i should imagine continuing the name of  MITS would be a bit of a stretch, but i''m happy to keep his style going!Though pardon my naivety as i haven''t done this before, do i submit my written blog to you to put on the website via email, or am i granted some sort of access to it via password or something to put it up myself?[/quote]

John, you''re a decent young writer - don''t waste your talents at Huckerby''s Boots as hardly anybody goes there.I''m amazed the site is still out there.[/quote][:$]In the most ''platonic'' way of course, i''m honestly quite flattered Shyster. Especially after being so out of line with you on your Bowie thread (of which i apologise for).I always wanted to blog for the Pink ''Un or EDP in the football section, but i had an inkling that with such inexperience i''d have to work my way up. Felt this would be the kind of place to start, especially if i''m to avoid falling flat on my face in some embarrassingly dismal attempt, so that the vultures can pick me apart (and unlike the Pink ''Un message board, it can''t quite be left to disappear into wilderness!).

[quote user="John"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="John"][quote user="HuckerbysBootsMatt"][quote user="John"]I''ve contemplated blog writing, though i''ve found it too daunting in the past to start one up. I''m not sure of the kind of time and dedication required, and how regular they''d need to be. I also only attend 3 or 4 football games a season, although i am an avid follower of Norwich City from afar, always listen to games and features on the radio, regularly partake in debate and discussion on message boards, am up to date with all the comings and goings via the web...etc., and despite my infrequent Carrow Road visitations, i believe i''m as capable as any of forming my own opinion on both Norwich City, and football in a general sense (if there''s room to expand my ''rants'' in these blogs).I''m also interested in journalism, and it is the area my academic life seems to be leading me at the moment, so i''d candidly appreciate the opportunity to take a "step in to the ring", so to speak.[/quote]Would like a rant type blog John defo, something along the lines of the ''man in the stands'' that used to write for the pinkun paper. If youve got some important issue''s to get off your chest concerning Norwich then lets hear em![/quote]I''m not utterly sure i''ll be able to keep the rants going if Lamberts keeps up the fine form other than be a little ''picky'' i guess. But rest assured i''ll be able to latch onto things if it all goes a little haywire! I''ve already got an England one practically done mind you, it only needs typing up.And considering my Carrow Road attendance ''record'' i should imagine continuing the name of  MITS would be a bit of a stretch, but i''m happy to keep his style going!Though pardon my naivety as i haven''t done this before, do i submit my written blog to you to put on the website via email, or am i granted some sort of access to it via password or something to put it up myself?[/quote]

John, you''re a decent young writer - don''t waste your talents at Huckerby''s Boots as hardly anybody goes there.I''m amazed the site is still out there.[/quote][:$]In the most ''platonic'' way of course, i''m honestly quite flattered Shyster. Especially after being so out of line with you on your Bowie thread (of which i apologise for).I always wanted to blog for the Pink ''Un or EDP in the football section, but i had an inkling that with such inexperience i''d have to work my way up. Felt this would be the kind of place to start, especially if i''m to avoid falling flat on my face in some embarrassingly dismal attempt, so that the vultures can pick me apart (and unlike the Pink ''Un message board, it can''t quite be left to disappear into wilderness!).[/quote]

John, I was being completely antagonistic in said thread - no need to apologise [:)]

[quote user="Shyster"]John, I was being completely antagonistic in said thread - no need to apologise [:)][/quote]What, you Shyster! Never! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shyster"]John, I was being completely antagonistic in said thread - no need to apologise [:)][/quote]What, you Shyster! Never! [;)][/quote]

[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shyster"]John, I was being completely antagonistic in said thread - no need to apologise [:)][/quote]What, you Shyster! Never! [;)][/quote]

I think someone needs a girlfriend..

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Now I''ve given up my season ticket, I could write a blog as a "Non-Regular Twat" featuring insights such as "those casual prices aren''t half expensive," "Who are the ones in yellow?" and "What do you mean it''s two quid for a coffee?"[/quote]

Sorry Mr Chops, and I don''t mean to be nosy if it is some private reason, but why have you given up your season ticket?

To give up my season ticket in the Barclay would take a lot as it is part of my life (and I cannot express my hatred enough to say how humiliated I feel at having to be transported to my seat in the service lift for a game).. Those who accepted the design for the Barclay without  proper access for the disabled and unwell should be very ashamed of themselves.

[/quote]Baby * (Money/Free time) = [co]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Now I''ve given up my season ticket, I could write a blog as a "Non-Regular Twat" featuring insights such as "those casual prices aren''t half expensive," "Who are the ones in yellow?" and "What do you mean it''s two quid for a coffee?"

[/quote]

[/quote]

Baby * (Money/Free time) = [co]
[/quote]

Well there you go....another thing that is lacking at Carrow for a Family Club and that is a decent, warm, well supervised and secure creche so that mums and dads can watch the game and not have to give up active support for the Club.  We need to start attending to these things now if we are going to attract 35,000 supporters when we get into the Premiership.