Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Hooly?

Do they play with an AMC? If they go with wingers rather than a single advanced midfielder I can''t see him fitting into their squad, especially with McGeady being a fantastic player in either position.

[quote user="paulo79"]its the Republic and on this season performances he doesn''t deserve to be.[/quote]

Could say that on a regular basis about certain England players who never seem to have any problems getting into the squad!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]He is pure quality and with david healy? upfront he would love being able to slip through balls to him.[/quote]Even better, Doyle and Keane [Y]

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]He is pure quality and with david healy? upfront he would love being able to slip through balls to him.[/quote]

Even better, Doyle and Keane [Y]
[/quote]

ok, im not an ireland fan...but holland [;)]

why do people always want to slate hoolhan? i really cant understand it!! he is by far are most gifted and best player by a country mile, yes he didnt have a good game against swansea, but was fantastic against forrest, i can only assume the people who slate him dont actually go to games and are the same people who ring up radio norfolk offering there crappy opinon and then saying they have not been to the game hmm

[quote user="simo86"]why do people always want to slate hoolhan? i really cant understand it!! he is by far are most gifted and best player by a country mile, yes he didnt have a good game against swansea, but was fantastic against forrest, i can only assume the people who slate him dont actually go to games and are the same people who ring up radio norfolk offering there crappy opinon and then saying they have not been to the game hmm[/quote]

ad when they ring up ask where, ashton, earnie, bellamy, hux, the doc all are [:P]

[quote user="simo86"]hahah its funny because its true, how do you get it to quote without it going alll messed up?[/quote]Get Firefox if on Mac, or if you are on Explorer go onto the first Forums bit where you chose which part of the forum you want to go to....at the bottom right there should be a drop down tool and you click ''Compatibility mode''. Hope this helps [Y]

[quote user="simo86"]why do people always want to slate hoolhan? i really cant understand it!! he is by far are most gifted and best player by a country mile, yes he didnt have a good game against swansea, but was fantastic against forrest, i can only assume the people who slate him dont actually go to games and are the same people who ring up radio norfolk offering there crappy opinon and then saying they have not been to the game hmm[/quote]

Most technically gifted, yes but, best player, no.  He is technically gifted but lets remember he is very one footed, over plays a lot and takes the fluidity out of proceedings because of that.  He is good in a sense that he can dribble past someone and can play a ball through the eye of a needle at times but there is so many things he misses.  Quite often there will be an easy pass outwide but he decides to take on another man himself.  There will be a simple through ball but instead he fakes the pass, dribbles off somewhere else and we are back at square one trying to create another attack.  His one or two moments of magic a game does not make up for his constant over playing and thus losing possesion. If he wants to become a Republic of Ireland international then he has some serious work to do.  I can only assume people who think he is international quality only see him dribble past three players and nothing else.  And yes I do have a season ticket.

Can''t believe some of the complete idiots on here who slag him off, a very good player who is 100% committed to our cause.

I don''t see many people slagging off Hooly. Just pointing out his weaknesses and his tendency to over play at times.

He''s a very good player but by no means a "great" player.

I like him and I do enjoy watching him play but that doesn''t mean he''s perfect or I am blind to his deficiencies.

I''m glad he doesn''t play for Ireland. It''s a few less games for him to get injured in and means he gets a rest every couple of months.

Davo