Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I flipping dislike Delia!

Can anybody tell me where the ''My dad''s car is better than your dads...'' thread is? Sooner this international break is over the better!

My dad drives an Audi A6 by the way ;-)

well do you all agree with his comments.  Its all well and good calling qiz a prat etc etc for his view on life and football but to take the piss out of his disabilty and call him a fraud is way way way over the line and if you don;t agree you need to take a long hard look at your morals!!

[quote user="paulo79"]well do you all agree with his comments.  Its all well and good calling qiz a prat etc etc for his view on life and football but to take the piss out of his disabilty and call him a fraud is way way way over the line and if you don;t agree you need to take a long hard look at your morals!![/quote]Top tip, if you want to take forum moral high ground, its best not to litter your posts with expletives.[:)]

whats swearing got to do with moral high ground, i can make an argument with or without expletives, but that bloke went over the line, it pissed me off and it needed to be said.

[quote user="paulo79"]well do you all agree with his comments.  Its all well and good calling qiz a prat etc etc for his view on life and football but to take the piss out of his disabilty and call him a fraud is way way way over the line and if you don;t agree you need to take a long hard look at your morals!![/quote]

You sir, are clearly a half-wit.

[quote user="morty"]I think someone may be going to sit on the naughty step soon.

[:)]
[/quote]

Sit on it i think i own it

[quote user="paulo79"]

[quote user="morty"]I think someone may be going to sit on the naughty step soon.[:)][/quote]

Sit on it i think i own it

[/quote]He he he he........

[quote user="paulo79"]i can make an argument with or without expletives[/quote]

This is true, however your argument is severely damaged if you can''t

present it in a reasonable manner without expletives, so feel free to

continue but just don''t expect anyone to take you seriously.

So just because i swore at the bloke my argument is wrong.  The bloke needed to be called that it was way out of line.  He deserved to be smacked in the mouth for what he said but i''m not a violent person.

If anyone agrees with taking the piss like that so personally against the disabled they deserve to get a mouthful and some

[quote user="paulo79"]

So just because i swore at the bloke my argument is wrong.  The bloke needed to be called that it was way out of line.  He deserved to be smacked in the mouth for what he said but i''m not a violent person.

If anyone agrees with taking the piss like that so personally against the disabled they deserve to get a mouthful and some

[/quote]It was a lovely touch wishing he was in a wheelchair too.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="paulo79"]

[/quote]

It was a lovely touch wishing he was in a wheelchair too.

[:)]
[/quote]

PMSL i thought so [;)]

The point really is that it''s an internet forum where everyone is invisible except for a fairly pointless avatar, and so people can choose to reveal things about themselves or not - it''s their choice.  But 1W has made a rather annoying habit of constantly bringing up his personal circumstances, usually in self-defence while retreating from another ill-judged attack on someone or something NCFC-related.  I''m all for equality, but that has to work both ways, i.e. you can''t be excused from writing whatever you like on an internet forum, no matter how far-fetched/libellous/untrue just because you have a disability.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Wiz must be laughing his head off at the number of replies this has recieved. Every time the bait is taken.[/quote]

Ooops [:$]

Ok here''s the thing, do you know wiz personally? No! neither do I!

So why the vile and uncouth remarks? If it was to his face then thats one thing but Like some others on here it is behind the safety of a PC screen. Wiz just might be a perfectly nice bloke but his on screen persona is a bit contraversial, that does not make him ''scum '' or anything like it!

In one sense you are right, if you give it then you should take it. But from what I have seen on here, if Wiz puts up a post that says ''white'' a lot of others would reply ''black'' just because it was wiz that posted it.

Guys, this is not real life! we can be who ever we want to be and get away with it on the internet.

But just stop a minute and think what you are doing and saying.....would you go up to an old man in a wheelchair being pushed down the street and call him ''scum'' just because he was a cantacorous (sp) old git?

I dont think you would.

Sometimes I read websites and wonder just wtf is going on in some peoples heads and who they would like others to think they are!

If you would bad mouth a pensioner just because you didnot like his opinions then fair enough but most of us were brought up to respect our elders, and that doesnt mean you have to agree with them.

I sometimes wonder if the people behind the abuse would show their faces in the real world. I would, I have, and I am a ''known'' city fan...would you?

[quote user="mtv"]Ok here''s the thing, do you know wiz personally? No! neither do I! [/quote]So you don''t know that he''s a perfectly nice bloke.I''m afraid in the absence of anything else to form opinions on, you have to go by what you''ve seen.  People have had a few years to get used to his posts, and have made their minds up accordingly.If you are saying "but he''s an old man in a wheelchair" then your argument is flawed - he''s not an old man in a wheelchair on this forum, he''s another user who interacts in exactly the same way as everyone else.So when you say "But just stop a minute and think what you are doing and saying.....would

you go up to an old man in a wheelchair being pushed down the street

and call him ''scum'' just because he was a cantacorous (sp) old git?"No, I would not.The real question is this.  If an old man in a wheelchair came up to you and called you scum, would you let that go purely because he was an old man in a wheelchair?

I''m not sure I would but I would''nt abuse him... I know wiz from another site and have had plenty of disagreements with him about City things..........but it is a discussion not an act of war. We are talking about people (on both sides) and I just dont see the need for childish and abusive name calling.

We are all men and women, all fully grown and all have our own opinions. If we were sat in a bar talking football. this stupid abuse just would not happen.

So why do some people feel its ok to do it on here?

I think I know why, but I dont accept it at all.

People who hide behind the screen though, theres plenty of us here that step away from the keyboard and actually chat face to face.[:)]

[quote user="mtv"]I''m not sure I would but I would''nt abuse him... I know wiz from another site and have had plenty of disagreements with him about City things..........but it is a discussion not an act of war. We are talking about people (on both sides) and I just dont see the need for childish and abusive name calling.

We are all men and women, all fully grown and all have our own opinions. If we were sat in a bar talking football. this stupid abuse just would not happen.

So why do some people feel its ok to do it on here?

I think I know why, but I dont accept it at all.[/quote]Crap moderation so the arguments get out of hand. [Y]

There are many posters on here who are known to eachother outside this message board. I am quite happy to be known and posters know where to find me. The cloak and dagger of anonymity on the internet is the attraction for some because it probably allows them to show a side that they have to suppress in their everyday lives. Some seperate messageboard life and real life. And yet what is this forum if it isn''t "real life". The subject is real and the posters are real. If this were a book would it be fact or fiction?

Mtv tells us he doesn''t know Wiz personally. And yet he accepts all Wiz''s versions of his identity without question. Now a few years ago I started to call Wiz "lucky". I called him "lucky" because I couldn''t believe his bad luck. Everytime Wiz is in a corner he has a personal experience to hide behind. Even when fatty matty was driving to town in his underwear Wiz had an aunt who had been a victim of a drunk driver. And so it goes on.

I wouldn''t blindly accept everything Wiz says on here. Is he fact or fiction?

My guess is a bit of both[;)]

Maybe I didnt express myself to well, My point was the''abuse'' not the character. I suppose it is a bit of real life, but the anonimity (sp) of it takes the brakes off. ofcourse we all meet up and know each other, or we will meet at sometime or other.

so why all the rubbish? if wiz is out of line, is it then ok to throw abuse at him?

do two wrongs make a right?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The point really is that it''s an internet forum where everyone is invisible except for a fairly pointless avatar, and so people can choose to reveal things about themselves or not - it''s their choice.  But 1W has made a rather annoying habit of constantly bringing up his personal circumstances, usually in self-defence while retreating from another ill-judged attack on someone or something NCFC-related.  I''m all for equality, but that has to work both ways, i.e. you can''t be excused from writing whatever you like on an internet forum, no matter how far-fetched/libellous/untrue just because you have a disability.[/quote]By and large I''d agree... but in the real world vast numbers of people get plenty of slack from courts, authorities and such likes just for being as thick as ****.  Life''s unfair.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

There are many posters on here who are known to eachother outside this message board. I am quite happy to be known and posters know where to find me. The cloak and dagger of anonymity on the internet is the attraction for some because it probably allows them to show a side that they have to suppress in their everyday lives. Some seperate messageboard life and real life. And yet what is this forum if it isn''t "real life". The subject is real and the posters are real. If this were a book would it be fact or fiction?

Mtv tells us he doesn''t know Wiz personally. And yet he accepts all Wiz''s versions of his identity without question. Now a few years ago I started to call Wiz "lucky". I called him "lucky" because I couldn''t believe his bad luck. Everytime Wiz is in a corner he has a personal experience to hide behind. Even when fatty matty was driving to town in his underwear Wiz had an aunt who had been a victim of a drunk driver. And so it goes on.

I wouldn''t blindly accept everything Wiz says on here. Is he fact or fiction?

My guess is a bit of both[;)]

[/quote]I bet if everybody knew Wiz outside this board opinions would be different.  For starters he''d be part of some clique who''d defend him to the hilt.  As he don''t,  they''ll only be one or two who''ll look at the picture and say ''so ****ing what it''s only a message board''.  Personally, it''s only a message board I don''t don''t particularly give a shiny ***** either way.