Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week six of the free bet season. This week it’s our great friend The Butler in charge and making the final selections. The Butler is a very consistent picker who finished last season with a 70% success rate. This season he has been in great form having selected correctly in three of the five weeks giving him a strike rate of 60% which in this difficult first month the likes of me can only dream of! The Butler is also a part of the social side of the PUPs. He usually finds time to get to the meets and is a big character who is interesting to talk to and fun to be around.

Now I’ve got a long memory and it was last September when The Butler last made the final selections. He joined the 5/6 club when what The Butler saw was let down by a freak result in Scotland. All us PUPs need to give him our very best selection to help him go one better this time.

The presentation night last Friday was a great success. The report is now on the FONCY website  along with the pictures. It’s also on the Pink Un and Pete tells me there will be a bit in the paper tomorrow evening. I’d like to thank all of you who came for helping to make it such an enjoyable evening. I think we should have another meet around Christmas time. Let me know what you think PUPs.

Thanks again to Kev for the magnificent trophies. I will be posting Mr Bumps to him this week and I will also endeavour to get the 90% medals to their rightful owners asap.

Last week our good friend Broadslim suggested we should find a way of pooling our resources and having a reference library of all the sites we use to make our selections. Since then I have had an offer from The Butler and our friends at NCISA to host this library online so that it would be just a click away from my opening post each week. We will work out the details in due course but in the meantime if you post your favourite selection sites with your picks over the next couple of weeks I will put them together.

I

ll hand the free bet over The Butler now. Enjoy your week in charge, theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Chris... the free bet is yours.......[:)].........

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,2, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, yes Norfolkchance1 £1032 for the Academy,so far.

Title should have said "Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers" [:$]

As with all messageboard communities new people join all the time. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

So I’ll post this brief run through again this week for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink Un Message Rays Funds For FONCY Free Bet Thread

The free bet was set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. It''s a totally free bet because it''s sponsored by Dixmar Racing who give the best odds every week in an attempt to maximise any winnings for the academy.

How It Works

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''best selection'' from the weekends football fixtures. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then phone these through to Billy Dixon at Dixmar Racing and post the bet and the odds on here on the Saturday lunchtime.

Have we won?

So far there have been 19 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £1032 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying. Of course we can''t lose thanks to the generosity of our good friend Billy Dixon and of course we have our own PUPs competition at the same time. So it''s a win win situation every week for the Pink Un Pickers!

Want To Take Part?

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

Denmark this week, and in the hope of getting back to winning ways after losing 100% record last week(damn you Mexico), i''m going for;

FC Kobenhavn(top of the league W6 D1 L0) to win at home against bottom of the table Silkenborg(W0 D3 L4)

Good luck Butler and all PUPs

MC

Barcelona to win at home to newly promoted Hercules is my nap this week. Barca have got even stronger over the summer and should be too much for the new boys.

With a full fixture list to choose from and The Butler''s picking skills I don''t see how we can lose this week, so good luck to him and to all you lovely Pups![Y][<:o)]

This week I''m off to the land of tulips and clogs.

I''m probably going to regret this but it''s a top versus bottom clash.

Ajax have won both their home games scoring 6 and conceeding 2.

Willem II have lost both thier away games conceeding 6 and have yet to score.

Ajax Vs Willem II - Home Win

Davo

I have been meaning to give this a go for ages,so here goes for my first ever pick:

AJAX v Willem II        Home win.

Good luck The Butler[Y]

Good luck all you PUP''s and may you have a full pantry Butler!!!

This week I''m with Diesel Doris...

AFC Wimbledon v Bath City - Home Win

Nutty, can I please make my prediction for next week as I''m off to Spain on Tuesday.

Next week...

Chelsea v Blackpool - Home Win

A Sunday game in Holland for me this week and

Ajax v Willem II - Home Win

Ajax have 3 wins and a draw from their first 4 games, Willem II have lost all four.

Good luck to The Butler, and of course all PUPs.

PS - I tend to use www.soccerstats.com, it covers leagues all over the world and was recommended to me by the great man himself, Arrdee.

I  am off to the land Banana loves and going for a home win for PSV EINDHOVEN v Nec Nijmegen.

Good Luck to you Butler and keep up the good work Nutty.

Many thanks Nutty.

What a great warm up man he is.

I want to improve on my last performance and leave the 5''s to join the 6''sss, so I need all the help I can get.

Keep those naps rolling in and with all your help I am sure we can make Billy''s pockets a bit lighter this week

After being nil for 3 so far having gone for slightly ''off centre'' picks, I''m looking for a more nailed on Nap this weekend.  So I''m going for FC Copenhagen to beat Silkeborg at home in the Danish league.

Good luck Mr Butler with this week''s selections.

With regards to reference material, possibly not the most amazing but I do tend to use the Sky Sports website, it lists all (most?) the fixtures over the weekend day by day and also a link to their price on SkyBet.  Well between that and a weekend coupon from the bookies lol!

AFC Wimbledon versus Bath City - Home WinI was thinking of going for an away victory for Shrewsbury over Gillingham to garner a better price than all the ''obvious'' home win forecasts thus far, but ''The Butler'' has always struck me as a safety first, speculate to accumulate second type of fella - he''s not alone though - I seriously think most of you pups are more concerned about your standings in the League Table.Talking of the pups League Table, I''d like to put forth a suggestion to Nigel: If anybody selects and forecasts an away victory and it comes up trumps, I really think it''d be a good idea to award bonus point/s.It would be a great incentive to people to be more speculative, hence more bunce for the academy [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

I was going to go with Arsenal but morty beat me to it, so instead I''ll go for the little yellow things! Nooo not bananas the canaries to beat the little red birds the robins!

Norwich to beat Barnsley home win!

Good luck butler!