Sign in to follow this  
staffs canary

JOE HART

He was great tonight Joe and has been for Manchester City so far this season also.England''s Number 1 for years to come I reckon.

Pleased me too for at last we may be settled in that position. His was a more confident and authoratative display than we have become used to of late,

Personally, I always thought that Rob Green was a nearly man in international football and never quite looked the part. We all know his quality, so maybe it was a confidence thing. Hart''s "body-language" was more encouraging, whatever that really means.

Calamity James was, IMHO, our best bet recently, although you could never quite depend upon him in the way that you could our greats in the past: Banks, Clemence, Shilton and (mostly) Seaman.

Hart looks the part and I am pleased about this as I considered that when that important position is in flux at international level, it undermines the whole team.

The rest of Capello''s list of goalkeeping options are easily forgotten.

As for the cynics of international football and the England team in general; please consider the overall majority, like myself who genuinely enjoy this important dimension to the game. It is an occasional and welcome departure from events at Carrow Road. Some of the biggest matches over the years have been those played by our National Team as can be witnessed by the build up and genuine euphoria to games such as the last against Germany.

England''s woeful performances at times and some of the antics and misgivings of managers and players are another matter altogether, but as long we continue to remain inor around the top ten of football nations, I for one will look forward to every game.

Mind you, I support every English club in Europe, no matter who. Perhaps I will make one exception, but the liklihood of ITFC evry reaching those heady heights again is slim.  

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Looks like Hart can have the shirt until Declan Rudd takes it off him..Lol[/quote]

Just in time for the next World Cup then?

Super post, BroadstairsR. Agree with every point.

No, I will make an exception myself, namely the last paragraph: I would applaud any less illustrious Euro team making a go against one of ''our'' bigger boys.

FC Krapszter Boys of Hungary or Spacehoppers Athletic Club Oslo scraping through against the money & fame merchants at Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea etc? Yes, please. The underdogs flying the flag for the pre-billions footballing days will always get my support, regardless of their national origin! :-)

Anyway - Joe Hart, yes. I was wondering exactly the same - could this be our Shilts or Seaman for this Decade?

Not the best last night.Started to make the defence nervous.And hopefully his kicking of long,high balls to the shortest players on the pitch will be stopped.