Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

5 Straights Wins...?

Before anyone starts, I''m grounded. I know our capabilities, but I also know our limitations.

In such a tight division, any half-decent run of form will result in a sudden surge up the table.

It says it all that after 5 games, despite arguably not being on top-form, we''re very nicely placed in 7th.

Our away form (and indeed our very nature when going away) is completely different now. Carrow Road - a few games aside - is something of a fortress once again.

I''d be disappointed if we didn''t get 9 points from Barnsley, Hull & Leicester - all of whom are relatively average teams at best. In fact, it''s possible to argue that all 3 have gone backwards quite dramatically since last season.

Trips to Doncaster & Preston once seemed daunting. Yet the way we play now, we''re in with a chance of getting all 3 points.

My prediction is 5 straight wins. No reason why we can''t. Pretty confident that would slip us into top spot as well.

Tin hat on...

*After 4 games sorry...

And I''m quite aware that 7 points from 4 games will naturally see you into the upper echelons. I''m merely pointing out that Forest was probably the 1st time we''ve played good football for 90 minutes, and if we can replicate that kind of form (adding a lethal touch), we will beat many teams.

I like your optimism but, the truth is, it is a little early to be so confident.

One thing for sure is that we are not  a relegation team.

The second sure thing is that we have a more than decent squad and a manager who seems to know what he is doing.

The  rest? Ask us all after Christmas.

P.S. No team wins five in a row in this unpredictabledivision  simply because any  team can beat any other on the day eg. Watford on day one.

Even Ippo have had a good start and they had a shambolic pre-season.

It is of course possible but the sheer unpredictability of the league means it is very unlikely. Doncaster are a decent team in this league, especially at home, and although Preston have started poorly are usually solid at home. Barnsley have started well and are on the same points tally as ourselves and without trying to sound cliche, every game is tough.

Doncaster and Preston away are much tougher games than they look on paper and in the Championship any point away from home is a good one.

At home we need to try and win every single game.  There is not one team that will come to Carrow Road this season that will have me frightened and thinking I would take a point before the game.  I would expect us to beat Barnsley but, Hull and Leicster are going to be pretty tough but I still think we can win.

An unbeaten 5 games maybe if it all goes well but, 5 straight wins is probably getting a bit to ahead of yourself.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]*After 4 games sorry...

And I''m quite aware that 7 points from 4 games will naturally see you into the upper echelons. I''m merely pointing out that Forest was probably the 1st time we''ve played good football for 90 minutes, and if we can replicate that kind of form (adding a lethal touch), we will beat many teams.[/quote]Forest were a good team last season but have had a poor start to the season and the fact we couldn''t finish them off suggests that we might not be as good some say. Leicester and Hull are very difficult to predict, although they have both been poor so far they are more than capable of putting on a good result.In some ways Norwich are flattering to deceive at the moment, if Swansea had of scored their penalty and Holt missed that chance against Scunny we would still be searching for our first win - these are the margins which football games are won or lost but we are yet to blow a team away or even win convincingly. 

We are going to lose against Doncaster, just to let you know...My mate has been to watch Norwich 4 times, all away.... We''ve lost every time! [:(] But, I have another mate who has been 7 times to watch us, twice at Carrow road, 5 away, and we''ve only lost once, that was against Man City in carling cup... And he''s coming to Preston! Donny - LossPreston - Win..[:O]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="CanaryJames"]*After 4 games sorry... And I''m quite aware that 7 points from 4 games will naturally see you into the upper echelons. I''m merely pointing out that Forest was probably the 1st time we''ve played good football for 90 minutes, and if we can replicate that kind of form (adding a lethal touch), we will beat many teams.[/quote]

Forest were a good team last season but have had a poor start to the season and the fact we couldn''t finish them off suggests that we might not be as good some say. Leicester and Hull are very difficult to predict, although they have both been poor so far they are more than capable of putting on a good result.

In some ways Norwich are flattering to deceive at the moment, if Swansea had of scored their penalty and Holt missed that chance against Scunny we would still be searching for our first win - these are the margins which football games are won or lost but we are yet to blow a team away or even win convincingly. 
[/quote]

Not sure I agree with that Bethnal. Once the "If" factor comes into it any argument can be manufactured. If the ref had not given the non-penalty against Forest etc. etc.

All the imponderables seem to even out in the end and once these end up as facts and figures ie. league tables, it all seems to more or less come out right

We are about where we should be now and I even think we deserved more from the Watford game ... if.. 

It keeps getting mentioned that we are in seventh place at the moment. However, we are actually tied for sixth with Leeds. They are only above us in the table alphabetically.