Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "]I really don''t know why so many went for Soton really. They were 14th (i believe), and yes a good squad, but no manager (i believe). [/quote]Yeah, England and Barcelona were much better picks [:^)][/quote]I aint dissing the pickers, just the match.Haha i know I aint saying I am a good picker, cause I am awful!

What are we on, is it 3 from 5? $

If Egypt beat Sierra Leone tomorrow (which they should do) then that will be 4 from 6.  Which will be a tremendous effort, which I am sure will be backed up when Nutty does his stats.[Y]

I''ve still not got any internet and I''ve been on holiday all week. Don''t have access to any fixtures right now so providing Egypt haven''t played yet I''ll go for them to beat Sierra Leone.

Unlucky, as everyone has said, a really hard week ;(

But for me personally, i am happy :D 4 out of 5 (4 in a row), and 4 weeks in a row my pick has been in the final selection :D

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

Sheffield Wednesday lose as well.

A big well-done to anyone whos on 4 out of 4, these few weeks have been a bookies dream.

[/quote]

But there''s been 5 weeks??[:S]

[/quote]

In which case I apologise, had thought it was 4.

Lots of us have fallen this week.

I have just watched the Atalanta game, I am not sure how they failed to score at times but the game has ended 0-0.

Congratulations to all those who were successful this week[Y]

63 PUPs selected this week with only 21 being correct making a success rate of just 33%. Between you 25 games were selected of which 9 won making a strike rate of 36%. It was an impossible week and Mr Bump stood no chance.

I am disappointed about this. We have an outstanding record in international weekends and would usually win on two of them over the season. Mr Bump should have had a very good chance but because of the fixture changes he had a very bad chance. I think this is the norm for the other breaks this season which is more bad news. I apologise in advance to those PUPs who find it’s their turn next time. Hopefully the form in the lower leagues will be more reliable by then.

So thanks once again Mr Bump, you did the best you could my friend.

We now have just two PUPs left with perfect 100% records. So step up and take a bow Cosmic and Graham, I’m proud of you both! I’m certainly not going to tell Billy how good you two are when it’s your turn to pick!

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

PUP Correct Picks Season %
[*]Cosmic Twin 5-5 100
[*]Graham Humphrey 5-5 100
Canary Cherub 4-5 80
Canary Chris 4-5 80
Delia''s Devonshire.. 4-5 80
Diesel Doris 4-5 80
Ginger Pele 4-5 80
Hughesy 4-5 80
Inch High 4-5 80
Jed Exodus 4-5 80
Legend Iwan 4-5 80
methcanary 4-5 80
Mister Chops 4-5 80
Muddy funster 4-5 80
Norfolkbroadslim 4-5 80
Pboro_Canary 4-5 80
Scrimmage 4-5 80
Excited Canary 3-4 75
Fellas 3-4 75
Obiwancanary 3-4 75
Beauseant 2-3 67
1st Wazzock 3-5 60
Big Slob 3-5 60
Brendan 3-5 60
Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps 3-5 60
City-Til-I-Die 3-5 60
Davo 3-5 60
Duncan Edwards 3-5 60
GMF 3-5 60
Lappinitup 3-5 60
Leedscanary 3-5 60
Mr. Bump 3-5 60
NCFCStar 3-5 60
Newyorkcanary 3-5 60
Norfolkchance1 3-5 60
Scooby 3-5 60
Sparkos 3-5 60
Sports Desk - Pete 3-5 60
Statto 3-5 60
The Butler 3-5 60
The Great Drinkell 3-5 60
Tony Da''Wonderful 3-5 60
Trent Canary 3-5 60
Chelle 2-4 50
Kathy 2-4 50
Morty 2-4 50
Yankee Canary 2-4 50

A really horrible week - I''d have been happy with taking a bye this week!!! I didn''t fancy my pick but was the best of a bad bunch. Big fail....

Well done Cosmic and Graham.

Great effort Mr Bump, What a tough week, even my pick of Sheffield W away win did not materialise.

Well done Cosmic and Graham

Good effort form all the PUP’s but wasn’t to be our week!. Lets hope for an easier one this week!

Wow, the PUPs League has taken some quite serious damage this week.  Must have been one of the most difficult weeks I could remember.Even my pick of Chelmsford almost didn''t come through but a couple of late goals thankfully saw them home.  Very pleased to be one of two with 100% and would never have guessed that to be the case at the start of the season.  Titles aren''t won in September though [;)]Hopefully we can have more luck next weekend when sanity is restored.

Nutty,

If we know well in advance about the International fixtures, is there any way you can liase with that weeks picker to open the thread a day early and have the picks done by Thursday night? Just gives us more of a fighting chance and with a bit of pre planning I''m sure the Pups could adapt for a couple of weeks through the season!

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Nutty,

If we know well in advance about the International fixtures, is there any way you can liase with that weeks picker to open the thread a day early and have the picks done by Thursday night? Just gives us more of a fighting chance and with a bit of pre planning I''m sure the Pups could adapt for a couple of weeks through the season!

[/quote]

....or just get Shyster to pick those weeks as he is so infallible (after the fact) [;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Wow, the PUPs League has taken some quite serious damage this week.  Must have been one of the most difficult weeks I could remember.

Even my pick of Chelmsford almost didn''t come through but a couple of late goals thankfully saw them home.  Very pleased to be one of two with 100% and would never have guessed that to be the case at the start of the season.  Titles aren''t won in September though [;)]

Hopefully we can have more luck next weekend when sanity is restored.
[/quote]

Absolutely! 

I also had Chelmsford this week and it was so difficult just to pick one, I would not have wanted to pick 6. It really was a nightmare week and you were very unlucky Mr. Bump.

Let''s hope for a much better set of fixtures to pick from this weekend!

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Nutty,

[/quote]

Good idea [Y]

I have been thinking of other things that may help.

There were games being played over the weekend that I did not even know were being played [:$] 

There were lots of games in the African Nations Cup that I had no idea were being played until Sunday morning because they weren''t on the website I use to help me decide what to nap.  I nearly changed my nap to Nigeria when I saw they were at home to Madagascar, but in the end decided to stick with Atalanta. 

There were also 4 games being played in the Scottish Cup that I had no idea about.

Perhaps for the international weeks only somebody or a couple of people (would probably be better) could do some research in advance and compile a list of the available leagues and cups to pick from and they could be posted in Nutty''s opening post.  Now I know we should be doing all our own research etc, but I am sure there must be other people who have missed games like I did (I''ll be really embarassed if it was just me[:$]).  Normally, it is very difficult to nap 6, but the international weeks this season will be even more difficult and may force us to venture into league''s and country''s that we don''t normally so that extra little bit of help for the picker that week will hopefully give us a fighting chance.

I know it has been mentioned before and something which probably links in with what I have said above.  A central list of all the resources that us PUPs use when napping would be very beneficial.

[:)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands "]I''ve been left off the list [:''(]
[/quote]

WITS, Nutty only shows the pickers who have a 50% correct Nap percentage or more. Im only on 40% so am  not on the list, are you on less than 50 %?!?

Nana and WITS - of course you''re doing great just by finding the time to post a nap (however good or bad) and making the effort to come to the meets. It was great to see you both last Friday. The league is just a bit of fun to keep the Pups together - the real important thing is to keep supporting the thread with your nap each week!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

63 PUPs selected this week with only 21 being correct making a success rate of just 33%. Between you 25 games were selected of which 9 won making a strike rate of 36%. It was an impossible week and Mr Bump stood no chance.

I am disappointed about this. We have an outstanding record in international weekends and would usually win on two of them over the season. Mr Bump should have had a very good chance but because of the fixture changes he had a very bad chance. I think this is the norm for the other breaks this season which is more bad news. I apologise in advance to those PUPs who find it’s their turn next time. Hopefully the form in the lower leagues will be more reliable by then.

So thanks once again Mr Bump, you did the best you could my friend.

We now have just two PUPs left with perfect 100% records. So step up and take a bow Cosmic and Graham, I’m proud of you both! I’m certainly not going to tell Billy how good you two are when it’s your turn to pick!

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

PUP Correct Picks Season %[*]Cosmic Twin 5-5 100[*]Graham Humphrey 5-5 100Canary Cherub 4-5 80Canary Chris 4-5 80Delia''s Devonshire.. 4-5 80Diesel Doris 4-5 80Ginger Pele 4-5 80Hughesy 4-5 80Inch High 4-5 80Jed Exodus 4-5 80Legend Iwan 4-5 80methcanary 4-5 80Mister Chops 4-5 80Muddy funster 4-5 80Norfolkbroadslim 4-5 80Pboro_Canary 4-5 80Scrimmage 4-5 80Excited Canary 3-4 75Fellas 3-4 75Obiwancanary 3-4 75Beauseant 2-3 671st Wazzock 3-5 60Big Slob 3-5 60Brendan 3-5 60Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps 3-5 60City-Til-I-Die 3-5 60Davo 3-5 60Duncan Edwards 3-5 60GMF 3-5 60Lappinitup 3-5 60Leedscanary 3-5 60Mr. Bump 3-5 60NCFCStar 3-5 60Newyorkcanary 3-5 60Norfolkchance1 3-5 60Scooby 3-5 60Sparkos 3-5 60Sports Desk - Pete 3-5 60Statto 3-5 60The Butler 3-5 60The Great Drinkell 3-5 60Tony Da''Wonderful 3-5 60Trent Canary 3-5 60Chelle 2-4 50Kathy 2-4 50Morty 2-4 50Yankee Canary 2-4 50

[/quote]

Shyster 1-1 100

[quote user="leedscanary"]Nana and WITS - of course you''re doing great just by finding the time to post a nap (however good or bad) and making the effort to come to the meets. It was great to see you both last Friday. The league is just a bit of fun to keep the Pups together - the real important thing is to keep supporting the thread with your nap each week!
[/quote]

but i should be giving the picker a nap which if picked will be reliable to win every week, i aint'' doing that!

[quote user="leedscanary"]Nana and WITS - of course you''re doing great just by finding the time to post a nap (however good or bad) and making the effort to come to the meets. It was great to see you both last Friday. The league is just a bit of fun to keep the Pups together - the real important thing is to keep supporting the thread with your nap each week![/quote]

Nana, an actual real person [:O] Are you kidding me?Was his carer with him at the meet?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="leedscanary"]Nana and WITS - of course you''re doing great just by finding the time to post a nap (however good or bad) and making the effort to come to the meets. It was great to see you both last Friday. The league is just a bit of fun to keep the Pups together - the real important thing is to keep supporting the thread with your nap each week![/quote]

Nana, an actual real person [:O] Are you kidding me?Was his carer with him at the meet?[/quote]He kids you not. And Nana was scared by my appearance with a brand new, wrapped plastic fork! lol

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="leedscanary"]Nana and WITS - of course you''re doing great just by finding the time to post a nap (however good or bad) and making the effort to come to the meets. It was great to see you both last Friday. The league is just a bit of fun to keep the Pups together - the real important thing is to keep supporting the thread with your nap each week!
[/quote]

Nana, an actual real person [:O] Are you kidding me?

Was his carer with him at the meet?
[/quote]

He kids you not. And Nana was scared by my appearance with a brand new, wrapped plastic fork! lol
[/quote]

Scared by your appearance![:O]