Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week five of the free bet season. September already!! This week it’s our great friend and current champion Mr Bump in charge and making the final selections. Mr Bump put together an unbelievable run last season when he selected correctly in each of the first 31 weeks! He ended the season with just the one wrong after selecting in each of the 40 available weeks. This is a record that I very much doubt will ever be broken. This season Mr Bump fell like so many others in that fateful first week but comes into his turn in great form with three consecutive winning selections.

Now before I move on I must apologise to Mr Bump. Ray always gave the lucrative international weeks to our top pickers. A tradition that I have carried on. So when I started to work out the rota the first thing I did was allocate this week to Mr Bump. I then found out, from our great friend Hissing Sid on the way to Blackburn last week, that the Internationals are being played on Friday evening. This has turned what was a potentially good week to pick into a potentially bad one. It has also taken away one of our greatest means of success over the last few seasons. So I’m going to urge all you PUPs to try extra hard this week to make up for my error and give Mr Bump a fighting chance in what now will be a very barren week for fixtures.

Now I have a couple of things to tell you. Firstly this Friday is our presentation evening at Bayer Club. John Landamore is bringing Neil Adams and Ricky Martin from the Academy to receive Billy’s cheque for the £301.54 which we won last season and at the World Cup. Thanks to our great friend and total star Kev (Leeds Canary) we also have some magnificent trophies of our own to present. And I know Kev has a surprise in store for some of you. I hope loads of you PUPs and any other posters looking in can make it to show support to Kev and Billy in recognition of what they have done for us.

Secondly, for those of you on Facebook there is now a group dedicated to this thread. I hope you all join it. The only requirement to join is that you support the PUPs effort. I have put together all the pictures I have from presentations and meets and you are all welcome to tag them or add any you may have of your own. It’s nice to have everything in one place and it also makes contact between us much easier. It’s linked in my signature.

The other link in my sig is to FONCY. That one is also well worth a weekly click as you will be able to keep up to date with the Academy progress and match reports. There are always some great pictures on there thanks to John Landamore.

The rota for the final selections this month has all been confirmed and is : -

September 04th Mr Bump

September 11th The Butler

September 18th 1dartmoore

September 25th GMF

I

ll hand the free bet over to Mr Bump now. Enjoy your week in charge, theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Brandon... the free bet is yours.......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,2, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, yes Norfolkchance1 £1032 for the Academy,so far.

Well this week i''ll go for Huddersfield to beat Bournmouth.

Huddersfield won ast week against a charlton team who are going to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season so their confidence will be sky high.

Bournemouth were 3-0 up vs notts county last week and managed to draw 3-3 (it cost drinks and me a win on our bet to [:@] [n]) So Bournemouth will be starting to lose their good start.

Good luck Mr Bump [y]

The Facebook group, sounds good I have been sent an invite from Leeds Canary [y] but my ipod seems to want to play silly games and not let me join it. But I will......eventually [y]

I''m afraid Spain play Friday night rendering the game useless to help Mr Bump.

Unless we speak to Billy and put the bet on early?

Any thoughts PUPs?

Is the Blue square North ok to pick from?

If it is, i chose top of the league Alfreton to beat Vauxhall motors at home...

ALFRETON TOWN vs Vauxhall Motors....Home Win

Nutty,

I think the bet should stay on the saturday onwards, make our weekends exciting. If we have a bet on friday there is nothing to look forward to on a saturday/sunday.

But its up to Bump i guess hes this weeks picker?!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m afraid Spain play Friday night rendering the game useless to help Mr Bump.

Unless we speak to Billy and put the bet on early?

Any thoughts PUPs?

[/quote]Oh right, in that case I''ll have to look at the lower leagues and abroad....

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Nutty,

I think the bet should stay on the saturday onwards, make our weekends exciting. If we have a bet on friday there is nothing to look forward to on a saturday/sunday.

[/quote]

I think that''s what we shoiuld do Nana. There would be all kinds of problems getting the bet on with Billy before Saturday. Not least of which he woulkd have no "best prices" for the Saturday games.

GPele - Blue Square Premier, North & South Leagues are fine[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Nutty,

[/quote]

I think that''s what we shoiuld do Nana. There would be all kinds of problems getting the bet on with Billy before Saturday. Not least of which he woulkd have no "best prices" for the Saturday games.

[/quote]

But maybe if we go for friday games billy will have to make up his own odds, as its the meeting he might have had a few [b][b][b] and give us even better odds...[:P]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Nutty,

[/quote]

[/quote]

But maybe if we go for friday games billy will have to make up his own odds, as its the meeting he might have had a few [b][b][b] and give us even better odds...[:P]

[/quote]

I''ll tell him you''ve put him three in salt then.

Problem is your dad''s gonna get the bill...

[;)]

Mmmmmmmm.........torn between Mexico to beat Ecuador or Honduras to beat El Salvador.....

Think I''ll go for Mexico to win at home to Ecuador on Sunday.

Good luck Mr. Bump and all PUPs

MC 

It''s a good thing for Billy those internationals are on Friday. It could of been like shooting fish in a barrel for a picker of Mr Bump''s calibre.

I''m going down to league two this week and up north to Chesterfield.

Sorry but it''s Chesterfield to get one over Chris Sutton''s Lincoln for me.

Davo

Tough week with so many games off for international breaks. I am going north of the border to the Highland League if Billy will give a price on their games again this season - Nairn should be way too strong for the woeful Fort William who have shown an utter inability to score in their first five games whilst also looking as leaky at the back as a rusty bucket.Best of luck to all pickers.

Greetings Pups [&]Hopefully I''ll get to meet lots of you again at our presentation night on Friday. If anyone needs directions, check out the new facebook page that Nutty has put together, or PM or email him direct.With it being presentation week, how apt it is that the current Champion Mr. Bump has his week in charge this week? This is because Mr. Bumps trophy will be awarded on Friday by either Ricky Martin or Neil Adams. Mr Bump - if you won''t be in attendance could I ask the trophy be awarded to one of the pickers on your behalf? If this is ok with Mr Bump, I''m looking for a volunteer to pick up the trophy and be photographed with Ricky or Neil [Y] Once we have sorted the presentation, I will gladly forward the award to you, Mr Bump.Now also, I was thinking about the Pups league and how much of an effort you all put in. So this year, I have struck some commemorative medals for "the 90% club". Yes, you guys or girls who ended the season with 90% or more correct picks will each receive one of these as a thanks from Nutty and I for your efforts. I intend to donate these medals each year, and would dearly love to give out even more next year.So, for the season just finished, 7 Pups are inducted into the 90% club - Mr Bump, Beauseant, Fonejacker, Til 1010, Scooby, Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox and NCFC Shaun. Your medals will be available to collect from the Bayer club on Friday night, however I know some of you won''t make it so if you PM me your contact details I will post them out to you next week.I''ll be back later with my selection.Leedscanary

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why do people keep saying check out the FB page, but giving no link? :D[/quote]Sorry Ginge![url]http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=124098287639888[/url]

Pups can check out the photo''s from previous meets on the facebook page - see which Pink un legendary posters you can spot. (and guess which ones a fanny magnet [;)])[url]http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=124098287639888[/url]

Wow...this is a tough week, no question. I certainly don''t envy you this week Mr Bump. For me, I''m hoping to kick start my season in the Blue Square South with

Chelmsford v Dorchester - Home Win

Chelmsford have 3 wins out of 3 with no goals conceded at home, Dorchester have a draw and 2 defeats away and sit bottom of the table.

Good luck all, especially Mr B.

Looking forward to the meet on Friday, see you there.

Yes I''m happy for it to be awarded to one of the other pickers on my behalf.Looks like a difficult week, but no worries, I''m sure that with all the other pickers help I can have a good go at it. :)My personal nap this week is Southampton to beat Rochdale

League 1 for me this week

Southampton v Rochdale - Home Win

Good luck Mr Bump, and all PUPs.

I look forward to meeting you all on Friday.