Sign in to follow this  
King Keano

Hoolahan, out of his depth in Championship...

[quote user="Yellows"]Naa scummer, been top drawer so far this season, sorry.[/quote]

Totally disagree with that, he has been gash so far this year, his final ball in the games against watford and swansea have been woeful wither playing balls to no one or giving it to an opposing player.

I wouldn''t agree that he is out of his depth coz he is a quality player but so far this season has been very poor.

[quote user="paulo79"]

[quote user="Yellows"]Naa scummer, been top drawer so far this season, sorry.[/quote]

Totally disagree with that, he has been gash so far this year, his final ball in the games against watford and swansea have been woeful wither playing balls to no one or giving it to an opposing player.

I wouldn''t agree that he is out of his depth coz he is a quality player but so far this season has been very poor.

[/quote]

You go to Scunny and Forest?

Top class both those games.

no i didn''t, i hear he played well against forest and was ok at best against scunny, obviously i can only go on what i''ve seen and swansea was terrible i love hooly but was glad when he was substituted.

I think it''s only a blip, form is temporary class is permanent and we all know he is a class act.  Maybe he is trying too hard at home?

[quote user="paulo79"]

no i didn''t, i hear he played well against forest and was ok at best against scunny, obviously i can only go on what i''ve seen and swansea was terrible i love hooly but was glad when he was substituted.

I think it''s only a blip, form is temporary class is permanent and we all know he is a class act.  Maybe he is trying too hard at home?

[/quote]

I went to both and he was brilliant on both occasions, in my opinion MOM with Crots at Forest and probably only 2nd to MOM by Ward or Crofts again. Not only was he at the centre of everything good we did going forward, worked extremely hard going back and cut out lots of opposition attacks.

[quote user="Yellows"][quote user="paulo79"]

[/quote]

I went to both and he was brilliant on both occasions, in my opinion MOM with Crots at Forest and probably only 2nd to MOM by Ward or Crofts again. Not only was he at the centre of everything good we did going forward, worked extremely hard going back and cut out lots of opposition attacks.

[/quote]

again *at Scunthorpe.

i''m pretty sure he''s played in the Championship before - and proved his class.

The midfield has been overhauled in the summer - give it time to settle. Meanwhile, we are still getting results and decent performances.

By christmas we''ll be destroying teams...

Hoolahan has been no where near as influencial so far this season as he was last but, there is still 42 games to go.  However I wouldn''t say he has been completely ''gash''.  Against Watford I don''t know how he got MOM, he wasn''t good at all, however vs Gillingham and Swansea he was better but still not great.  Despite saying that though, vs Gillingham and Swansea he did seem to let go and release the ball quicker which has been something he has needed to do for ages.  So if he carries on distributing it quicker and becomes a bit more of the Hoolahan we know then I think he can be an important player again.

Out of his depth, no but, I wouldn''t say he is one of the best attacking players in the Championship like some people think he is.

Abit of realism...finally....

Hoolahan was average at Blackpool. Never been top class at this level...To lightweight..

The only more amusing thing that i read on here was Chris Martin being worth 5m+ !!! A player who in 28 Championship games has scored a whopping 4 goals...Some record that...

[quote user="King Keano"]Abit of realism...finally....

Hoolahan was average at Blackpool. Never been top class at this level...To lightweight..

The only more amusing thing that i read on here was Chris Martin being worth 5m+ !!! A player who in 28 Championship games has scored a whopping 4 goals...Some record that...[/quote]Yet you bang on about Wickham?Stupid over-rated pikey.

Connor was SIXTEEN last season and didn''t start until the last few games (Where he scored 4 in 9) - The fact that alot of people in the game consider him to be the next Rooney and the big clubs who are ALL watching him....i dont think it''s just us who are banging on about him...

From the games i have seen this season (Swansea/Watford) he looked pretty average...never worth 5m that was being ear marked...

Didn''t you nearly release him a while back..

I honestly think, maybe next season, Wickham would score 20+ - This season might be abit raw still...But he''s got everything that any top class striker would need...

[quote user="King Keano"]Connor was SIXTEEN last season and didn''t start until the last few games (Where he scored 4 in 9) - The fact that alot of people in the game consider him to be the next Rooney and the big clubs who are ALL watching him....i dont think it''s just us who are banging on about him...[/quote]

Alot of people in football were also talking about Ryan Jarvis being the next wayne Rooney and look at him now. When Chris Martin first appeared you''ll find he had a good scoring record in the championship too and was being touted for a move to Man U. Alot can go wrong in football there is no guarantees Connor Wickham will pull up any tree''s over the next few years, it''s still all potential at this stage a lot can go wrong.

[quote user="King Keano"]Didn''t you nearly release him a while back.. ...[/quote]

Says everything you need to know about the Manager at that time

And Keano''s a dog botherer, while all you deluded 10 toed (on each hand), Orwell drink''n, baby eat''n bog trottin'' £uck wits, thought he''d be the Messiah. Do discuss...

Any Norwich fan who seriously suggested a potential £5m pricetag on Chris Martin is probably high. As an Englishman I hope Wickham turns into the player he''s touted to be. He looks superb so far. I also hope Ipswich sell him before that happens, but who knows.

he''s got everything that any top class striker would need... aprt from a decent team to play in of course :D

[quote user="Chris."]

[quote user="morty"]Zzzzzzzzzzzzz[/quote]

I second this.

[/quote]

Me, too, most intelligent utterance from Morty ever...... probably.

No, Hoolahan is not out of his depth in the Championship.

No, Martin is not worth £5 Million-and he''ll only ever be worth what another club is prepared to pay for him. Maybe he will fetch that sort of money one day, maybe he won''t. Potential is one thing-reality (and, as has been mentioned-Ryan Jarvis, plus Cherno Samba, anyone remember him?) is another, entirely.

I remember Alan Ball once signed a player called Martin Phillips, he said at the time, Phillips would be the "first English £10 Million player"-Phillips came to nothing and drifted out of the game.

And then there''s Freddy Adu.

Same with Wickham. If someone was to offer Ipswich £8 Million for him in January, they''d be crazy not to take it. Is he worth that much? Again, he''s worth as much as the buying club is prepared to pay out. He might yet be another Rooney (although thats too much of a burden for anyone!), he might not.

Time will tell with all and there are no definitive answers, only opinions.