Sign in to follow this  
John

My New Blog!

You want feed back. How about total overkill on the "inverted commas".

It doesn''t even make sense why anything is in "inverted commas" is in "inverted commas".

Unless...

When you say:

"....more indignantly shaken and horrified to look on as “Colchester United” stepped foot onto our sacred home, ravaging us repeatedly ....."

Was it not actually Colchester United at all but in fact you were musing about a distant, shameful, memory and "Colchester United" was in fact "Daddy"?

Loving your cryptic work

[quote user="Epic Beard Man"]You want feed back. How about total overkill on the "inverted commas".

It doesn''t even make sense why anything is in "inverted commas" is in "inverted commas".

Unless...

When you say:

"....more indignantly shaken and horrified to look on as “Colchester United” stepped foot onto our sacred home, ravaging us repeatedly ....."

Was it not actually Colchester United at all but in fact you were musing about a distant, shameful, memory and "Colchester United" was in fact "Daddy"?

Loving your cryptic work[/quote]Ouch, but point taken.However, to speak up for what little defence i may have, the reason i did use them so frequently is because the italics haven''t been working for me in an age now on here, and with me being as naive as i am when it comes to technology i haven''t been able to identify the root of the problem.As a result, the "inverted commas" is what i have reverted to, if you understand my meaning?

So John, do you have access to an edit button on your blog? :-p

Blog entry is a fairly good read; I usually enjoy your posts anyway. Nice secret weapon: now you can ''blog it and link'' (excuse the inverted commas) when you want to reply to someone fully and verbosely...

[quote user="GenerationA47"]So John, do you have access to an edit button on your blog? :-p

Blog entry is a fairly good read; I usually enjoy your posts anyway. Nice secret weapon: now you can ''blog it and link'' (excuse the inverted commas) when you want to reply to someone fully and verbosely...[/quote]Thankyou GenerationA47, i appreciate your generosity. There is an edit button, but i''d rather learn from experience in spite of Beard Man and his ''thoughtful'' contributions. Seems the more dignified way to go about things.If there was a genuine grammatical mistake i''d usually trust myself to pick up on it would be a different matter.As for my more elaborate responses, i think you''re right. I''m afraid blog entries may be the only platform i''m content writing on now!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]A good read, well written. Keep up the good work, John [Y][/quote]Thanks EC, will do, and likewise, of course. [Y]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Enjoyed that one John.  I do like reading your posts so I''ll be looking out for more blogs from you soon![/quote]Much appreciated Graham, the feelings are mutual. It''s very much new territory for me, this ''blog'' malarkey, but here is hoping i''ve found my niche!Quite enjoyed writing this fella.

[quote user="Willmeister"]Good read John, like your posts articulate, to the point and well researched. Keep up the good work.[/quote]Glad you liked it Willmeister (dubbed undisputed Pink ''Un music expert [;)]). I realise the length makes it somewhat of an endurance test, but for everyone that persevered i hope it didn''t disappoint!

Good first entry John, although i have to admit, whilst reading the introduction, i did wonder (without reading any of the comments on this thread) why you had used so many inverted commas. But now i know [Y]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Good first entry John, although i have to admit, whilst reading the introduction, i did wonder (without reading any of the comments on this thread) why you had used so many inverted commas. But now i know [Y][/quote]Cheers Slob. [Y]I''ll do what i can to work my way round the excessive use of inverted commas in the future. Though i''m frankly wiping the sweat off my eyebrows if that is to be the most severe issue i have at the moment. [:D]

Yep a very enjoyable read. Just about reached the limit on how far you went on, i think any longer and people would have possibly started to get a bit bored or distracted. Any ideas on what''s coming up next, and topics?

It''s difficult to say at the moment, especially having just gone through a fairly uneventful international break. I''ll have to wait to see how things culminate over the next week or so of football, and from that some subjects concerning either tactics or formation should arise, especially with the side approaching the completion of it''s first stage of development. If not, there''s always the current climate of the Football League to discuss, or the hierarchy at the club, especially when it includes esteemed figures in Delia and Fry, and how much anger and frustration this aspect of the club blatantly seems to conjure in fans like First Wiz.The idea''s are a little languid and conventional at the moment, but i''m rather depending upon my imagination running away with it over the next few days if i''m to conceive something of interest.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]How come you''re not listed on the right with the rest of the bloggers?Crawley Bowl - many a good night there as a teenager [;)]Enjoyed reading that. Good to get another perspective.[/quote]I''m not totally sure why i''m

not listed WITS. I''ll have to take that up with Pete. I recieved

automated response from him telling me he''ll be gone to til'' late September yestarday, but i''ve seen him post on here today, so i''m at a little loss as to what''s going on in all honesty.

As for Crawley Bowl, i of course couldn''t say WITS.......... [<:o)][B][8][O][ip][+o(]

Again, chuffed you like it, especially coming from such an established blogger. [:D]