Sign in to follow this  
Twitchy

One club players

Was going to say Daryl Sutch, but just found he played briefly for Southend and Boston after he left us.

[quote user="Largey"]Declan Rudd. Korey Smith. Chris Martin.....

:)[/quote]Lol Largey give them boys time, I fear it might not be much though I''m sad to say.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Not for us, but I suppose Le Tissier is one of the most famous. 

[/quote]

What makes Le Tissier only playing for the Saints all the more amazing is the quality he had - he must have had offers from other clubs. 

Le Tiss was the player that got me thinking about this initially after reading an article, the guy must literally walk on water in the Hamptons, I would imagine it''s like a do whatever you like free card in Monopoly.

Wow that''s impressive, so it seems as Filly says they are indeed about as common as rocking horse poo, just like manure''s Giggs.

Good call Smithy! I think I read somewhere that he also played for us during the war and his true appearances were well into the 500s. Those war games don''t count as league games though.

Matt Le Tissier was a fantastic player. i dongt think there was a better footballer in this country (possibly in Europe) than Le tiss in the 90''s.

i was watching some footy vids on you tube the other day and one of them was a compilation of Le Tissiers goals... the one against man utd where he beats 5 defenders then nonchalently lobs schmeichal is a beauty!

8 caps for England and only 1 of them as a start.... how different could euro 96 and world cup 98 been had Tiss been in the side?

As good as LeTiss was (and he was more than good), surely the most famous one-club players are the two who are still performing at the highest level with outstanding ability to this day - and whilst they are still playing, the likelihood of them leaving their club before their careers finish is pretty slim.  Ladies and gents, I present to you... Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes. Thank you, and good night...

my first thought was terry paine of southampton. i was surprised to find out that after 711 games, he played for hereford.

I often wonder if there was a better player to play less than 10 times for England than Le Tiss.

Davo