Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Away Grounds

Favourite - St James'' Park for atmosphere but wasn''t keen on the height of the stand; Wycombe was great because you were at the same level as the pitch. Proper grassroots stuff and we were standingWorst -  Sellhurst - those seats that make you sit with your chin in your lap and burgers in brine. Not nice.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Favourite - St James'' Park for atmosphere but wasn''t keen on the height of the stand; Wycombe was great because you were at the same level as the pitch. Proper grassroots stuff and we were standingWorst -  Sellhurst - those seats that make you sit with your chin in your lap and burgers in brine. Not nice.[/quote]Not the one in Exeter then.......

Smelhurst Park is a pit. I like Hillsborough and Anfield is good - both feel like real football grounds. Don''t like the modern generic stadiums like Derby, Coventry, Sunderland etc - all very nice but I like a bit of nostagia.

the best? Portman road because we always win there!

the worst - grimsby - how the hell can anyone like watching football in this testical shrivelling torture chamber!

probs The City ground for me, has a lot of history to it and seeing the trent end and brian clough stand answerd the question on why i have always wanted to go there

Probably My Worst is Chelsea, Dont Get me Wrong, Its a nice Ground, But in the Away end The back half (As in The Upper Half of each block of Seats) are built into and under the upper tier, So if You stand up All you Can see Is concrete, So You Have the choice Of staying seated And Watching someone''s back Half of the time Or standing Up and Watching concrete. I Did try Explaining the situation to the bloke in front (Im Guessin He was sitting Just far enough forward to be able to stand up Without Watchin concrete) But this Ended in a Massive Argument, Which followed with Me being started on after the Game which then ended in a fight =/

My Favorite is a Toss up Between Newcastle, Fulham And West Ham

Fav - Elm Park, Manor Ground, Layer Road etc. Give me a good old fashioned football ground any day.

Least Fav - Any of the new arfix identikit grounds, such as St Marys, Pride Park, Walkers etc.

Despite the result, I quite liked Orient last season.  Easily accessible location, old fashioned stand for away fans and one of the best real ale and (reasonably priced) food bars in their Supporters Club.

Least favourite - Filbert Street - always got a good pasting there (on and off the pitch) - never been to the Crisp Packet Stadium and not inclined to want to go to Leicester at any time again in the near or distant future.

Best: The City ground closely followed by Hillsborough and then the Valley.

Worst: Bristol Rovers memorial stadium we were sat in a gazebo with a beer tent to the left of us! I still refuse to call them stands :D

Best: Hillsborough, a good old fashioned football stadium, being sold out with 5,000 City fans and a must-win game for Wednesday helped.Worst: Ricoh Arena, nice ground but absolutely soulless, no atmosphere, no home fans and in the middle of nowhere.

Best for me has got to be Charlton, It is fairly big (but never full!) and we always take a large following there, plus Ive been there 3 times in a year and half!

Worst is Gillingham, The away end had no roof, and the whole area as a whole is a sh*t hole!

Nothing compares to Carrow Road though!

[quote user="ryan1992"]

Best for me has got to be Charlton, It is fairly big (but never full!) and we always take a large following there, plus Ive been there 3 times in a year and half!

Worst is Gillingham, The away end had no roof, and the whole area as a whole is a sh*t hole!

[/quote]

Agreed the atmosphere you can generate in the jimmy seed stand is brilliant, and of course great memories from last season.

Also loved Brenford, great to be in a proper stand with terracing.

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[/quote]

Agree with Gillingham, havent seen many like it!

vicarage road watford,easy to get to natives are usually friendly always brings back those memorys of getting up to the big boys league in 71 see its a night game again this year hope to go again in april

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the best? Portman road because we always win there! the worst - grimsby - how the hell can anyone like watching football in this testical shrivelling torture chamber![/quote]

Unfortunatley, you maybe suffering from a case of selective memory there!!, Think I''m right in saying we''ve lost out last three there now. and for the record Portman Road is my worst away ground.

Best - Barnsley! Except for an awful 0-0 draw there a couple of years back, we usually smash them.... (sorry if I ruin our chances this weekend... [:O])Worst - Sheffield United... Went there when we lost 1-0, thought it wasn''t a particularly nice ground, hell of a walk from train station, no real area to stand around the ground due to roads and traffic... Poorly organised.