Sign in to follow this  
Being Jan Kristiansen...

Post Charlton Rant

I have just got back from the Valley and need to get this out of my system.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It really was that bad

Is there any hope? Charlton are an avarage Premiership team and that is what they looked like today. We looked like we had never played the game of football before and the management of the club needs to take responsibility for this!

We do not know what our best formation is, who the best players are and how to play as a team. In a simple phrase NCFC have no tactical organisation.

On a positive note the fans were once again terrific, out singing the Charlton fans even at 4 - 0 down.

Mmmmm....well a few of us have being saying what Yellow has posted for a while now

The fact is that we don''t seem to know what are tactics are going to be, our team selections are strange and it''s only been "spirit" that has kept us going. I dreaded that Blackburn would be a turning point for us and so it would seem. Right now I think the future is pretty gloomy

That won''t stop me hoping and praying but realistically we are not going to get out of the zone and its going to be a long, long hard season.

I have to agree the tactical organisation has gone - and the time for favouritism has long gone.

Quality players in their best position with time to adjust to bed in where needed.  The defence is the wosrt as I am convinced we have 4 players who can do a job here - they just arent.  In midfield and up front we are well aware that we are a player short - a quality partner for Francis and Hux just is not at the club.

However Rehagel (or however you spell it) Big Phil Scolari, Sam Allardyce and David Moyes have shown just how far a club can go by getting players organised.  That is Worthys challenge - getting the squad to play with organisation so that even if the best 11 players are not available due to injury then they can at least make it hard for the opponents to score - at the moment we are shipping softer and softer goals.

OTBC

After sleeping on it I have concluded that it is possible that this season can be very positive for the long-term future of our club (am I still drunk?).

This team is not good enough to stay up in its current form. We have not had the capital or reputation to compete against almost every other team in this league when trying to sign quality players. The management (I included the board as well as the coaches in this), after spending 9 long years out of the top flight, had to prepare for this season with no real knowledge of what it would be really like thus a lot of misjudgements have been made.

(Now for the positive bit). Next season if we go down we will be in an opposite position than the one we are in now. We will have a reputation as being a possible Premiership club and we will be a financial heavy weight (especially if we sell Green). We can use this position to attract the cream of the 1st Div players to come and play for us. Some may suggest that signing 1st Div players will equal a 1st Div club but if Palace had not been promoted would anyone in the top league of taken a gamble on Johnson. He had been scoring bucket loads for a couple of seasons, in what WAS a pretty average team.  

I would spend about £4mil on Ashton, Morgan and Blake (I have on purpose picked good players in struggling clubs). This would give us a team of:

-                                         Ward

Charlton                Morgan                 Fleming                       Drury

Jonson       &