Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Who is the oldest living NCFC player?

according to wiki, there are a few players in their 70''s still with usbob wilson [not that one!] 76phil kelly 71brian whitehouse 75

Foulkes seems the more likely one then, 87 is a good age.

Footballers on the whole don''t tend to live a great age do they?

as sdp said, theres no reason to believe reg is not still with us. born 23rd feb 1923 no mention of his death on wiki. I reckon, hes yer man! UNLESS ANYONE KNOWS DIFFERENT!

[quote user="lordyfan"]terry allcock is 76 if he''s still alive. Why not give the club a call?
[/quote]

I hope he is. He was leading the procession at  Wallers funeral!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]If Reg Foulkes is still alive - and have found no evidence that he isn''t - he''s 87.
[/quote]

Maybe the EDP should do an interview with him, being the oldest living player and his memories etc etc?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lordyfan"]terry allcock is 76 if he''s still alive. Why not give the club a call?[/quote]

I hope he is. He was leading the procession at  Wallers funeral!

[/quote]as i were on holiday at the time, i did not know that. Was there much media coverage in norfolk?

Wikipedia has Bernard Robinson as the oldest surviving player at the time of the centenary cellebrations in 2002 and there is no mention of his passing.

Anyone know if Bernard is still with us? He would be 98.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Wikipedia has Bernard Robinson as the oldest surviving player at the time of the centenary cellebrations in 2002 and there is no mention of his passing. Anyone know if Bernard is still with us? He would be 98.[/quote]

Bernard passed away about 3 years ago.The best person to ask who is the oldest remaining Canary would be Kevan Platt the Club secretary as he organised the 59 reunion.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Wikipedia has Bernard Robinson as the oldest surviving player at the time of the centenary cellebrations in 2002 and there is no mention of his passing. Anyone know if Bernard is still with us? He would be 98.[/quote]

Bernard passed away about 3 years ago.The best person to ask who is the oldest remaining Canary would be Kevan Platt the Club secretary as he organised the 59 reunion.

[/quote]Double it and you''re not far out Tilly......as someone else posted he died in November 2004.Time flies when you get to our age......

gary doherty certainly looked the oldest living canaries player , now he has left has to go to the holtster

Gary doherty a true golden oldie 

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Double it and you''re not far out Tilly......as someone else posted he died in November 2004.

Time flies when you get to our age......
[/quote]

Thanks Graham,just wait until Nutty spots my error he will be all over it like a rash.[;)]