Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Here's your big chance....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''m more than happy that our Delia and the board - once allowed the fans to vote on whether it should be green or yellow shorts....

As if the board are going to take notice of 10 oiks? That''s not democratic, it''s no more an indicator of actual preference than a mori poll...

A more sensible approach would be to slip in a voting form with a list of fair suggested options - in with the usual club offers and NCFC advertising junk-mail and raffle tickets that is usually circulated to season ticket holders once or twice a season.....

Tick your appropriate and satisfactory option, and return the voting slip by posting it in a box on a home match-day or even in boxes on club-cabbage - therefore not incurring postal costs...Maybe the club could then ask for some ''impartial volunteers'' to count those return voting slips?

I feel that it would be a much fairer system, and as it involves ST pricing for next season, I''m sure there would be substantial returns from those who intend purchasing season tickets.... 

The club did after all allow the fans the option of allowing a rebate or rescinding choice on their season tickets - when we were unfortunately relegated....

Let the majority of fans vote..... 

[/quote]TBH there''s several better ways than ''10 usual suspects''.  But a quick evening meeting is probably cheaper, and easier, to correlate a few points and file them in the shredder.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''m more than happy that our Delia and the board - once allowed the fans to vote on whether it should be green or yellow shorts....

As if the board are going to take notice of 10 oiks? That''s not democratic, it''s no more an indicator of actual preference than a mori poll...

A more sensible approach would be to slip in a voting form with a list of fair suggested options - in with the usual club offers and NCFC advertising junk-mail and raffle tickets that is usually circulated to season ticket holders once or twice a season.....

Tick your appropriate and satisfactory option, and return the voting slip by posting it in a box on a home match-day or even in boxes on club-cabbage - therefore not incurring postal costs...Maybe the club could then ask for some ''impartial volunteers'' to count those return voting slips?

I feel that it would be a much fairer system, and as it involves ST pricing for next season, I''m sure there would be substantial returns from those who intend purchasing season tickets.... 

The club did after all allow the fans the option of allowing a rebate or rescinding choice on their season tickets - when we were unfortunately relegated....

Let the majority of fans vote..... 

[/quote]

TBH there''s several better ways than ''10 usual suspects''.  But a quick evening meeting is probably cheaper, and easier, to correlate a few points and file them in the shredder.
[/quote]

Yup....."We the Directors of NCFC appreciate your thoughts, opinions and constructive input....but we''re gonna put the season ticket costs up anyway....Now, you 10 oiks  grab yourselves another custard cream each - and then get yourselves off home....Bye!"

Focus groups are used by pollsters, political parties, tv companies, businesses with new products, ad agencies and PR companies... anyone with anything to sell or promote, all the time, and always have been. This is hardly the club pulling in 10 people, bouncing ideas off them and then telling them to piss off. This will be only one stage of a consultation process, but its a two way conversation. Whining on a message board is not putting your view across - sending it to the club is. If people care enough, or want to be involved, they should let the club know, whether they''re asked to or not.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Focus groups are used by pollsters, political parties, tv companies, businesses with new products, ad agencies and PR companies... anyone with anything to sell or promote, all the time, and always have been. This is hardly the club pulling in 10 people, bouncing ideas off them and then telling them to piss off. This will be only one stage of a consultation process, but its a two way conversation. Whining on a message board is not putting your view across - sending it to the club is. If people care enough, or want to be involved, they should let the club know, whether they''re asked to or not. [/quote]I bet now, that the club receives e-mails every day of the week from fans, telling the club what they think.  There''s been a discussions about the pricing on here since the start of the season.  I bet the club has had a mountain of mail about it.  Are they going to hear anything new from an assortment of 10 fans?  No, some will say they''re overpriced some will say they''re okay.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]Focus groups are used by pollsters, political parties, tv companies, businesses with new products, ad agencies and PR companies... anyone with anything to sell or promote, all the time, and always have been. This is hardly the club pulling in 10 people, bouncing ideas off them and then telling them to piss off. This will be only one stage of a consultation process, but its a two way conversation. Whining on a message board is not putting your view across - sending it to the club is. If people care enough, or want to be involved, they should let the club know, whether they''re asked to or not. [/quote]I bet now, that the club receives e-mails every day of the week from fans, telling the club what they think.  There''s been a discussions about the pricing on here since the start of the season.  I bet the club has had a mountain of mail about it.  Are they going to hear anything new from an assortment of 10 fans?  No, some will say they''re overpriced some will say they''re okay.[/quote]They''ll hear 10 more articulate opinions, for one. They''ll also be able to talk back and have a conversation too. These things serve a purpose, otherwise every company under the sun, every political group and every ad agency wouldn''t use them. They''re valuable, either as confirmation of their proposed route or highlighting problems/consequences they hadn''t seen. The proposal with this focus group is to bounce ideas regarding next season. If the club didn''t do something like this, and just unilaterally made decisions, some would complain about lack of accountability. They do it and some will say they''re just doing it for show and will ignore them. If they make a decision that is unpopular, they''ll say the focus group is ignored. They can''t win, but the fact they''re content to open the floor is only a good thing.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Focus groups are used by pollsters, political parties, tv companies, businesses with new products, ad agencies and PR companies... anyone with anything to sell or promote, all the time, and always have been. This is hardly the club pulling in 10 people, bouncing ideas off them and then telling them to piss off. This will be only one stage of a consultation process, but its a two way conversation. Whining on a message board is not putting your view across - sending it to the club is. If people care enough, or want to be involved, they should let the club know, whether they''re asked to or not.
[/quote]

Why the disbandment of the SCG then?

Such committees are manned by people who have sod all better to with their time.......They achieve nothing other than the glorification of their own egos and employment for paper recycling plants.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Such committees are manned by people who have sod all better to with their time.......

They achieve nothing other than the glorification of their own egos and employment for paper recycling plants.
[/quote]

The irony of this masterpiece from someone who loves the sound of his own cluck is not lost on me.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Such committees are manned by people who have sod all better to with their time.......

They achieve nothing other than the glorification of their own egos and employment for paper recycling plants.
[/quote]

The irony of this masterpiece from someone who loves the sound of his own cluck is not lost on me.

[/quote]

Said the pot to the kettle.

OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I want lots of new players next season, good players, expensive ones.  I want us to have a high playing staff budget and manage costs aggressively.
Oh, and I don''t want to pay more than £20 a ticket.

[/quote]£20 u avin a laff!!!! I want FREE tickets because i buy the new Naarich shirt every season!!!!

If we dont go for Ronaldo and Messi next season the CLUBS A JOKE!!!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh double irony!!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh double irony!!!!

[/quote]

Well that creased me up!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh double irony!!!![/quote]Well that creased me up![/quote]Have you nothing more pressing to do Buttles?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]You lot have me in stitches...
[/quote]Sew what? [;)][/quote]

I hope you haven''t got the needle with this thread Lapp! Probably best to button it now and try to tailor your responses in future.

I''ll get me coat[:D]

I have thrown my hat in the ring, all well and good banging away of a keyboard but sometimes you have to actually get physically involved to facilitate change.

I think NCFC prices are very much on par with the rest of the league and only the excessive amount of concessions are the problem. That''s the message i will be giving if selected and much like ripping off a plaster i''d advocate make changes swiftly & all at once, and albiet painfully, everyone would be clear where we are.

[quote user="Ankles"]I have thrown my hat in the ring, all well and good banging away of a keyboard but sometimes you have to actually get physically involved to facilitate change. I think NCFC prices are very much on par with the rest of the league and only the excessive amount of concessions are the problem. That''s the message i will be giving if selected and much like ripping off a plaster i''d advocate make changes swiftly & all at once, and albiet painfully, everyone would be clear where we are.[/quote]

Well obviously you have sod all better to with your time.......

You''ll achieve nothing other than the glorification of your own ego and employment for paper recycling plants.

But could you report back on here anyway........

[;)]

My time is pretty sparse actually, hoping the dates are actually when i''m in the UK as have alot of overseas travelling right now, BUT my ego is huge and i LOVE the sound of my own voice

I''m also a master at tutting, sighing and shaking my head slowly with a wry smile when people make idiotic points. I would be an ideal candidate i feel

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh double irony!!!![/quote]Well that creased me up![/quote]Have you nothing more pressing to do Buttles?[/quote]

I thought that was the quickest way to burn Tilly''s ear - ring him up when he''s ironing. [:S]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh double irony!!!![/quote]Well that creased me up![/quote]Have you nothing more pressing to do Buttles?[/quote]

I thought that was the quickest way to burn Tilly''s ear - ring him up when he''s ironing. [:S]

[/quote]Already happened several times Wazzy, by the state of his lugholes! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh double irony!!!![/quote]Well that creased me up![/quote]Have you nothing more pressing to do Buttles?[/quote]

[/quote]Already happened several times Wazzy, by the state of his lugholes! [:D][/quote]

He obviously is a magnet then, just not the fanny variety. [:D]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh double irony!!!![/quote]Well that creased me up![/quote]Have you nothing more pressing to do Buttles?[/quote]

[/quote]Already happened several times Wazzy, by the state of his lugholes! [:D][/quote]

He obviously is a magnet then, just not the fanny variety. I''m sure I missed something here. What qualifies him as one of those??? [*-)]

[/quote]

City Angel asked Aunty Marge sometime ago why she thought that Tilly called himself a ''Fanny Magnet''.

As I recall Marge was quite brutal with the reply!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Ankles"]I have thrown my hat in the ring, all well and good banging away of a keyboard but sometimes you have to actually get physically involved to facilitate change. I think NCFC prices are very much on par with the rest of the league and only the excessive amount of concessions are the problem. That''s the message i will be giving if selected and much like ripping off a plaster i''d advocate make changes swiftly & all at once, and albiet painfully, everyone would be clear where we are.[/quote]

You''ll achieve nothing other than the glorification of your own ego and employment for paper recycling plants.

[;)]

[/quote]

Well i''m in Nutty so it would be good to know who the other nine are who will be attending on 29th Sept and 30th Sept at 6.30pm.

This post will draw the usual responses from the usual suspects spouting the usual remarks.I will be back later tonight to have a look.[:)][:P][;)][:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

Well i''m in Nutty so it would be good to know who the other nine are who will be attending on 29th Sept and 30th Sept at 6.30pm.

This post will draw the usual responses from the usual suspects spouting the usual remarks.I will be back later tonight to have a look.[:)][:P][;)][:D]

[/quote]

I am in so that leaves eight

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ankles is in so that''s three from here. That''s pretty good representation for what is a relatively small group of fans. Now all we need to know is if you guys are "usual suspects" or part of the "silent majority" [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ankles is in so that''s three from here. That''s pretty good representation for what is a relatively small group of fans. Now all we need to know is if you guys are "usual suspects" or part of the "silent majority" [;)]

[/quote]

Read Ankles post carefully Nutty.It says that he has "thrown his hat in the ring" and "if selected." I never had you down as a person who jumps to conclusions.[;)]