Sign in to follow this  
manchesteryellow

The 92

Those of you on Facebook may have already discovered the Football Grounds application, if not then I recommend you give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised to discover upon completing my map that I''ve been to 21 of the 92 league grounds. Not amazing, but a fair effort so far. Should get to another 3 or 4 new grounds following Norwich this season, and I''ve set my sights on completing the 92 at my own pace over the next 20 years or so.Has anyone here attempted/completed the challenge? Anyone getting close? I''m sure my 21 will be quickly put to shame, but go on...have a little boast...

Considering the past few seasons we''ve been in 3 divisions.  I bet many regular away supporters have been to several of the 92 without even thinking  about it.

I have seen games at 20 grounds, not always Norwich though. I met a guy a few weeks ago (who is the brother of someone I work with) who had been to 90 of the 92 and seen Bradford play at each one, I think the only ones he needed were Oxford (who he can see this year - as they moved) and Bristol Rovers. Just goes to show that its almots possible following teams that have been up and down the leagues, he is praying for Bristol Rovers in the cup every season! Haha.

From the current league grounds the ones I''ve not been to are as follows:

Accrington, Exeter, Wycombe, Arsenal (Emirates), Wigan, Cardiff (City Stadium), Swansea, Bournemouth, Dagenham, Burton, Chesterfield (been to the old ground) Oxford and Shrewsbury (new ground - been to the old one).

I have to admit to being a) old, b) lucky enough to travel about the country with work, and c) sad enough to go to many of these grounds and watch games even if Norwich weren''t playing. Sometimes its really good to watch Bury play Notts County, or Rotherham play Grimsby!! I nearly got to see Norwich in Exeter years ago in the cup but a minor car accident put an end to that!

A pal of mine has been seen Fulham play a competitve game on over 130 different grounds over the years. He''s been a season ticket holder there for 35+ years, apart from when he was at Uni in Spain, so he''s season Fulham go up and down and back up the league.

I think it worked out at approximately

80+ of the current 92,

10+ who have dropped out the league,

20+ closed league grounds,

and the other 20 made up of FA Cup ties away grounds, the old Wembley and away European ties.

This is quite an eye opener. Just discovered I am 60/92 of a total of 87 worldwide. Mind you I''ve been around sometime!

[quote user="Kathy"]This is quite an eye opener. Just discovered I am 60/92 of a total of 87 worldwide. Mind you I''ve been around sometime![/quote]

Oh dear me there you go again Kathy,did you really have to tell us you have been around a bit.[;)]

85 of the current 92 watching Norwich play on them all and over the years losing Grimsby,Cambridge,Luton,Mansfield and Wrexham which are obviously now not amongst the 92.

[quote user="Kathy"]You realise we are all expecting your 2000th post to be a memorable literary masterpiece?[/quote]

Yep.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Kathy"]You realise we are all expecting your 2000th post to be a memorable literary masterpiece?[/quote]

Yep.

[/quote][y]

Similar to Tim - 80/92 plus a good 25+ that have moved or gone out of the league. Most with Norwich. Arsenal and Burton being the two I can think of that were not with City.

Been to quite a few with City, but also visited a few when I''ve been in different areas of country -

Currently on 79/92 but I think I have to take one off because Morecambe are now at a new ground.

Seen a few non league grounds as well - Rushden & Diamonds is quite good, also saw Ketterings.