Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Roy Waller

CITY will commemorate the life of broadcaster Roy

Waller, with the renaming of the commentary position at Carrow Road

before the game against Barnsley on Saturday. A plaque to name the ''Roy Waller Commentary Box'' will

be unveiled by Roy''s wife Silvie and Canaries'' Chairman Alan Bowkett at

approximately 2:50pm before this weekend''s game against Barnsley.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

CITY will commemorate the life of broadcaster Roy Waller, with the renaming of the commentary position at Carrow Road before the game against Barnsley on Saturday. A plaque to name the ''Roy Waller Commentary Box'' will be unveiled by Roy''s wife Silvie and Canaries'' Chairman Alan Bowkett at approximately 2:50pm before this weekend''s game against Barnsley.

[/quote]

Excellent news. Roy is a true City legend and this is a fitting tribute.[Y]

Looks like a will have to be in my seat five minutes earlier on saturday so i can witness this great moment.

Good move!

Another god move would be to make casual ticket prices a more fairer price in particular reintroducing 16-21 casual tickets cause then more fans will be at the ground to see Roy Waller rightfully remembered!

I really like this. There were some rumblings of discontent that the club hadn''t done anything for Roy but they took their time got things organised and came up with a truly fitting tribute to this City Legend.

Davo

It is a fitting and lasting tribute to keep the memory of Roy Waller alive at the club. As others have said far better than a minutes applause that lasts... a minute!

A most commendable gesture by NCFC and I''ll ensure that I take my seat earlier to witness the event.

A lasting tribute and memory to reward Roy.  

I am delighted by this gesture; I emailed the club on the announcement of the passing of Roy as I was very upset that no gesture or reference was planned for the following home game.

This has gone a long way to restoring my faith in the club as this will prove to be a more memorable and last tribute.

great tribute for a great gentleman.

Yep a smart move by the club, a fitting tribute because come Saturday afternoon or during a midweek game  there was no other place  that Roy would rather have been .It really was a pity we lost on penalties to Birmingham  in the play-off final in 2002, not just because of the promotion to the prem but because we didn''t get to hear Roy really go off the Richter scale.

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

very good tribute, the club never fails to let me down.

i will be taking up my seat earlier then planned.

R.I.P Roy Waller!!

[/quote]

So you''re let down by this gesture?

wonderful! a fitting tribute to an integral part of the clubs media coverage. Well done norwich. Shame, due to financial restraints, i can''t make it down on saturday

Lets  all break into the chant '' Theres only one Roy Waller'' like we did in front of City Hall on that memorable May night,I know that Roy said on Radio Norfolk later he was deeply touched to be seranaded by 40,000 odd city fans that night.