Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Just been told we are approaching Administration!

I''m travelling back on the train from London after some business meetings and have just heard an announcement that we''re fast approaching administration.Bye bye Lambert, thanks Delia [:''(][8o|]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m travelling back on the train from London after some business meetings and have just heard an announcement that we''re fast approaching administration.Bye bye Lambert, thanks Delia [:''(][8o|][/quote]http://blogs.herald.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/02/21/300_hpsauce0.jpg

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m travelling back on the train from London after some business meetings and have just heard an announcement that we''re fast approaching administration.Bye bye Lambert, thanks Delia [:''(][8o|][/quote]Apologies.  I''m a bit hard of hearing because I had my mp3 player on... the announcement actually said "we are now approaching Attleborough station." [:$]

We miss you, Wiz [{]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m travelling back on the train from London after some business meetings and have just heard an announcement that we''re fast approaching administration.Bye bye Lambert, thanks Delia [:''(][8o|][/quote]Apologies.  I''m a bit hard of hearing because I had my mp3 player on... the announcement actually said "we are now approaching Attleborough station." [:$]

We miss you, Wiz [{][/quote]Where''d the ''fast'' bit come into it?[;)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]The annoucnement said Norwich City is approaching Attleborough Station?[/quote]If you''re going to nit-pick, you need to at least spell "announcement" correctly.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]The annoucnement said Norwich City is approaching Attleborough Station?[/quote]If you''re going to nit-pick, you need to at least spell "announcement" correctly.[/quote]LOL Houston is good at nit picking things like spelling and leaving a spooge of ugly spelling mistakes himself, double standards ftw

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]That''s how we spell that word here in Texas.[/quote]no thats color, armor, harbor and many other rapes of the ENGLISH language ;)Im not even gonna go near the pronunciation of Aluminium or Basil

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]That''s how we spell that word here in Texas.[/quote]no thats color, armor, harbor and many other rapes of the ENGLISH language ;)Im not even gonna go near the pronunciation of Aluminium or Basil[/quote]Or the word ''gonna''.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]The annoucnement said Norwich City is approaching Attleborough Station?[/quote]If you''re going to nit-pick, you need to at least spell "announcement" correctly.[/quote]LOL Houston is good at nit picking things like spelling and leaving a spooge of ugly spelling mistakes himself, double standards ftw[/quote]No not exactly, he knows the difference between a typing error like ''annoucnement'' and consistently wrongly spelt words like ''definately''.[:)]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]That''s how we spell that word here in Texas.[/quote]no thats color, armor, harbor and many other rapes of the ENGLISH language ;)Im not even gonna go near the pronunciation of Aluminium or Basil[/quote]Or the word ''gonna''.[/quote]slang you schlongI love how people have nothing better to do than scrutinize peoples posts looking for typos, slang or lack of grammar.Get a life or become a English Teacher. I spend my whole day correcting peoples errors so dont exactly give a dick about mine :)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]That''s how we spell that word here in Texas.[/quote]no thats color, armor, harbor and many other rapes of the ENGLISH language ;)Im not even gonna go near the pronunciation of Aluminium or Basil[/quote]Or the word ''gonna''.[/quote]slang you schlongI love how people have nothing better to do than scrutinize peoples posts looking for typos, slang or lack of grammar.Get a life or become a English Teacher. I spend my whole day correcting peoples errors so dont exactly give a dick about mine :)[/quote]F**k me, it''s okay for you to criticise Americanisms, then you get excited over one ''gonna'' comment.. tw@t

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]That''s how we spell that word here in Texas.[/quote]no thats color, armor, harbor and many other rapes of the ENGLISH language ;)Im not even gonna go near the pronunciation of Aluminium or Basil[/quote]Or the word ''gonna''.[/quote]slang you schlongI love how people have nothing better to do than scrutinize peoples posts looking for typos, slang or lack of grammar.Get a life or become a English Teacher. I spend my whole day correcting peoples errors so dont exactly give a dick about mine :)[/quote]F**k me, it''s okay for you to criticise Americanisms, then you get excited over one ''gonna'' comment.. tw@t[/quote]Quite. And he got the Aluminium one a bit wrong. I understand it was spelt (and spoken) like that here before US was even an itch in Uncle Sam''s pants. What''s up with you Nexus? I''m sure you don''t usually come across as that much of a helmet.

"people''s", not "peoples"

"English teacher", not "English Teacher"

"don''t", not "dont"

"having only male grandparents", not "lack of grammar"

Ha ha, just crankin'' yer yank, Nexus. Though to be fair, your prose is a shocker! OTBC!

The earliest citation given in the Oxford English Dictionary for any word used as a name for this element is alumium, which British chemist and inventor Humphry Davy employed in 1808 for the metal he was trying to isolate electrolytically from the mineral alumina. The citation is from the journal Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London:

"Had I been so fortunate as to have obtained more certain evidences on

this subject, and to have procured the metallic substances I was in

search of, I should have proposed for them the names of silicium,

alumium, zirconium, and glucium."[50][51]

Davy settled on aluminum by the time he published his 1812 book Chemical Philosophy:

"This substance appears to contain a peculiar metal, but as yet

Aluminum has not been obtained in a perfectly free state, though alloys

of it with other metalline substances have been procured sufficiently

distinct to indicate the probable nature of alumina."[52] But the same year, an anonymous contributor to the Quarterly Review, a British political-literary journal, in a review of Davy''s book, objected to aluminum and proposed the name aluminium, "for so we shall take the liberty of writing the word, in preference to aluminum, which has a less classical sound."

*strokes beard*

I have been a Norwich City supporter for 27 years.  I have read this board without posting.  I am currently Head of English Studies at one of what is said to be one of our great Universities.

I have no idea in what field you correct the errors of others but it cannot be in English I hope.  Your post, as it stands, would be a correction challenge but one only to engage those on GCSE.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]"people''s", not "peoples"

"English teacher", not "English Teacher"

"don''t", not "dont"

"having only male grandparents", not "lack of grammar"

Ha ha, just crankin'' yer yank, Nexus. Though to be fair, your prose is a shocker! OTBC![/quote]One of the flaws of the internet is that you can never debate / argue something because someone will run out of a valid point so decide to resort to spell / grammar checking.Just a anoyance of mine.

[quote user="HeadofEnglish"]I have been a Norwich City supporter for 27 years.  I have read this board without posting.  I am currently Head of English Studies at one of what is said to be one of our great Universities.[/quote]I would love for that to be true but c''mon fella, you''re pulling our legs?If you really were what you say you are, your head would have exploded reading this board long before now.Innit?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="HeadofEnglish"]I have been a Norwich City supporter for 27 years.  I have read this board without posting.  I am currently Head of English Studies at one of what is said to be one of our great Universities.[/quote]I would love for that to be true but c''mon fella, you''re pulling our legs?If you really were what you say you are, your head would have exploded reading this board long before now.Innit?[/quote]I wasnt gonna respond to that based on the LOL factorIm also wondering what Einstein is gonna take my bait......