Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Under 21 Tickets

Just found a group for anyone who is against the decision that the under 21 concession group has been scrapped.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=142006989171621

[quote user="canary_girl"]Just found a group for anyone who is against the decision that the under 21 concession group has been scrapped.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=142006989171621[/quote]being 29 years old.... i dont give a sh*t

That''s not the attitude jas!As someone who was a mature (!?) student,  I couldn''t have afforded my first ST if there hadn''t been student concessions at the club. As there was a waiting list for them when I graduated, I doubt I''d have got one for several years.Not all U21s have parents who can sub them.

I dont have a facebook account but has anyone told them that under 21 tickets are still available on a season ticket at £10 per game. They could group up and share season tickets or even if they are only attending 10 games thats still only £15 per game. 

[quote user="Brendo "]Just found, or just made? [:P]I''m in anyway. [/quote]

Nah, just found after my friend had joined; fortuanatley for me I have a season ticket so it doesn''t affect me directly but I still think it is ridiculous that nearly every club has under 21 or student concessions yet we scrap ours and cant fill the stands anymore. Some away games can even work out cheaper including travel than going to Carrow Road! Lets just hope they keep the concession for season tickets :)

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]how long has it been scrapped for? £190 to £300 is quite a big jump[/quote]

They scrapped under 21 casual tickets at the begginning of the season but I still managed to get an under 21 season ticket, so hope it remains next year

Have to say that it doesnt really affect me either - as for ''not selling out any more'' dont think the lack of U-21 casual tickets really is going to have a huge impact

Anyway I heard that you look 21 WITS....is this true? [;)]

[quote user="canary_girl"][quote user="Brendo "]Just found, or just made? [:P]

I''m in anyway.

[/quote] Nah, just found after my friend had joined; fortuanatley for me I have a season ticket so it doesn''t affect me directly but I still think it is ridiculous that nearly every club has under 21 or student concessions yet we scrap ours and cant fill the stands anymore. Some away games can even work out cheaper including travel than going to Carrow Road! Lets just hope they keep the concession for season tickets :)[/quote]

Where have the club said they were scraping this for season tickets ? Your comment is very misleading and I must say until I just looked you had me beleiveing all clubs had under 21 cheap casuals. I just looked but could only be bothered to look at first 6 clubs. You also forget to mention that our under 21 season tickets are half the price of most of the clubs I just looked at.

QPR - season ticket £250 - £449  plus interest if paying monthly. Casual price £20 plus booking fees

Cardiff - dont do

Ipswich - under 19 £25 - £50 plus booking fees

Millwall - Dont seem to but very complicated 

Burnley Under 18 £15 per game resticted to family enclosure

Leeds - Dont do

Our season ticket price for uder 21s was £173 ( if renewed ) £7.50 per game, I really dont get the problem ( sorry if I am being thick ). Surely McNally is just bringing us into line with other clubs. To reduce prices you really have to garuntee a gate in excess of 26500 for every game - aint going to happen.  If under 21''s claim to be children still then maybe the solution is to allow so many cheap seats in the family enclosure only. I do agree however that there should be concessions for those still in education ( college or university ) but are people at universities outside Norfolk really going to come back each week because the ticket price reduces ? The strange thing is that if this group is subsidised then the money will have to come from somewhere else - your suggestion would be increase under 21 season tickets or sell a player ? 

I''m in anyway.

[/quote] Nah, just found after my friend had joined; fortuanatley for me I have a season ticket so it doesn''t affect me directly but I still think it is ridiculous that nearly every club has under 21 or student concessions yet we scrap ours and cant fill the stands anymore. Some away games can even work out cheaper including travel than going to Carrow Road! Lets just hope they keep the concession for season tickets :)[/quote]Lol. Yeah, sorry - my bad.

It''s just that you have the same avatar as the mighty ''Ryan1992'', so I assumed that was you. Then I saw the creator of the group was called Ryan something or other, so put 2 + 2 together. [:$]

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Have to say that it doesnt really affect me either - as for ''not selling out any more'' dont think the lack of U-21 casual tickets really is going to have a huge impact

[/quote]

No[:P]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

I''m in anyway.

[/quote] Nah, just found after my friend had joined; fortuanatley for me I have a season ticket so it doesn''t affect me directly but I still think it is ridiculous that nearly every club has under 21 or student concessions yet we scrap ours and cant fill the stands anymore. Some away games can even work out cheaper including travel than going to Carrow Road! Lets just hope they keep the concession for season tickets :)[/quote]

Where have the club said they were scraping this for season tickets ? Your comment is very misleading and I must say until I just looked you had me beleiveing all clubs had under 21 cheap casuals. I just looked but could only be bothered to look at first 6 clubs. You also forget to mention that our under 21 season tickets are half the price of most of the clubs I just looked at.

QPR - season ticket £250 - £449  plus interest if paying monthly. Casual price £20 plus booking fees

Cardiff - dont do

Leeds - Dont do

Our season ticket price for uder 21s was £173 ( if renewed ) £7.50 per game, I really dont get the problem ( sorry if I am being thick ). Surely McNally is just bringing us into line with other clubs. To reduce prices you really have to garuntee a gate in excess of 26500 for every game - aint going to happen.  If under 21''s claim to be children still then maybe the solution is to allow so many cheap seats in the family enclosure only. I do agree however that there should be concessions for those still in education ( college or university ) but are people at universities outside Norfolk really going to come back each week because the ticket price reduces ? The strange thing is that if this group is subsidised then the money will have to come from somewhere else - your suggestion would be increase under 21 season tickets or sell a player ? 

[/quote]

I''m sorry you found my comment misleading, but I never said they had scrapped season tickets..I said I hope they keep the concession for season tickets. I also didn''t think to write casual tickets in the opening post as it has been discussed on here quite frquently, so I presumed people would know what I was talking about, but yes I should have made that clearer in my opening post. I didn''t say all clubs offer under 21 concession, but a lot offer a concession between under 16 to adults, whether this be a student concession or under 19. Bascially I don''t agree that someone still at school has to pay the same price as a working adult.

I''m sorry if this thread offended you, :)

[quote user="canary_girl"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

I''m in anyway.

Cardiff - dont do

Leeds - Dont do

[/quote]

I''m sorry you found my comment misleading, but I never said they had scrapped season tickets..I said I hope they keep the concession for season tickets. I also didn''t think to write casual tickets in the opening post as it has been discussed on here quite frquently, so I presumed people would know what I was talking about, but yes I should have made that clearer in my opening post. I didn''t say all clubs offer under 21 concession, but a lot offer a concession between under 16 to adults, whether this be a student concession or under 19. Bascially I don''t agree that someone still at school has to pay the same price as a working adult.

I''m sorry if this thread offended you, :)

[/quote]

We are in total agreement then.You will see in my post that I also feel that those in education should be offered concessions, but I do feel they should be registered with proof and those tickets discounted should not be available to those working. I also feel they should only be available in certain parts of the ground, for instance the few tickets that are available in the lower Barclay should always be sold at full adult price as they would always sell out. What I am also saying is that for the small amount of people this affects, it is more likely to cost the club money, the club is £23m in debt and I am sure they would rather have increased income and empty seats rather than a full house but a decrease in income. Hope we are on speaking terms again now. Whatever we think after tomorrow we will be one of the few clubs showing a gate increase over last years first 3 gmes. The clubs policies seem to be working ( although tweeking maybe needed ) as more and more people are watching games at FCR

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]Who told you? I''ll buy them a drink [:P]

Personally I think that scraping casual 16-21 tickets plus the increases in child casuals and adult casuals has cost the club an extra 1000 spectators (away fans as well I include in that!) for both League games so far!

Yes 16-21 season tickets are still available but not everyone can either afford one or due to their lifestyle can''t commit to buying one, after all their are other things in life!

£30+ isn''t cheap for a adult to pay let alone a 16 year old whose parents probably won''t subsidise their interest in watching overpriced football matches!

£20 for a child casual is just out and out obscene! 

I accept that prices had to go up but by wiping out a generation of fans who want to go to a game every now and then but not every game, the club has made a big mistake. This is before we get onto over inflated ticket prices for casual adults and children.The fact that they have now made an extra 350 season tickets available looks like the club has realised this and is trying to readdress the balance. With the current pricing policy the club would of been better of leaving 2500 seats for away fans at their end of the Jarold stand, then offering the remaining 24000 to be available as season tickets, in other words all home seats could be bought as season tickets. The seats not taken up by away fans could then be sold by the club to any casual fans+ any of the available 24000 seats not bought as season tickets.

The club has without any doubt whatsoever gone over the top with casual prices that are way to much for you get and why are the tickets so expensive?

- To help pay for the over inflated wages that players get!

Professional football is losing touch with the average working person and I find that really sad! 

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

i still have my Under21 ticket but it aint guna affect me cuz of me turning 21 next oct. not next month.

so i couldnt care less

[/quote]Next year? You''d still be eligible for a U21 season ticket next season then, due to being Under 21 at the beginning of the season.Care a little more now?

The club are obviously losing revenue by having high casual prices, and it will be very interesting to see how many thousands are absent from today''s game.

[quote user="paul moy"]The club are obviously losing revenue by having high casual prices, and it will be very interesting to see how many thousands are absent from today''s game.[/quote]

There are no adverse factors affecting the gate today. Barnsley are not the biggest draw, but the club have taken account of that by making it a category B game, ie a third-tier game. So the attendance SHOULD be around the average figure the club has budgeted for as far as this season is concerned.And that budgeted figure has to be about 25,500, since our average gate last season was 24,755 and we have since installed 1,100 new seats to cope with expected extra demand.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="paul moy"]The club are obviously losing revenue by having high casual prices, and it will be very interesting to see how many thousands are absent from today''s game.[/quote]

There are no adverse factors affecting the gate today. Barnsley are not the biggest draw, but the club have taken account of that by making it a category B game, ie a third-tier game. So the attendance SHOULD be around the average figure the club has budgeted for as far as this season is concerned.

And that budgeted figure has to be about 25,500, since our average gate last season was 24,755 and we have since installed 1,100 new seats to cope with expected extra demand.

[/quote]

I take your point on the category ''B'', but bearing in mind that we are now in a higher division and pushing for promotion while also on a current good run, we should be filling the stadium IMO. I really don''t see any point in the club having put in those extra 1500 seats if they remain empty, and it is pretty obvious from posts on this board that there are supporters that want to get casual tickets but simply cannot afford them.   

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="paul moy"]The club are obviously losing revenue by having high casual prices, and it will be very interesting to see how many thousands are absent from today''s game.[/quote]

There are no adverse factors affecting the gate today. Barnsley are not the biggest draw, but the club have taken account of that by making it a category B game, ie a third-tier game. So the attendance SHOULD be around the average figure the club has budgeted for as far as this season is concerned.And that budgeted figure has to be about 25,500, since our average gate last season was 24,755 and we have since installed 1,100 new seats to cope with expected extra demand.[/quote]

I take your point on the category ''B'', but bearing in mind that we are now in a higher division and pushing for promotion while also on a current good run, we should be filling the stadium IMO. I really don''t see any point in the club having put in those extra 1500 seats if they remain empty, and it is pretty obvious from posts on this board that there are supporters that want to get casual tickets but simply cannot afford them.   

[/quote]

Paul, I generally agree with that, although I wouldn''t expect us to be filling the stadium, apart from for a few obvious games. But the club must have been budgeting for an average of at least 25,500 - that figure of mine is a conservative one.

[quote user="canary_girl"]Just found a group for anyone who is against the decision that the under 21 concession group has been scrapped.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=142006989171621[/quote]Thank goodness there''s a Facebook group. I bet McNally''s crapping himself.

My 18yr old son and 2 of his mates, all in full time education were going to go today but when they found out the ticket price couldnt afford it..three empty seats!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]My 18yr old son and 2 of his mates, all in full time education were going to go today but when they found out the ticket price couldnt afford it..three empty seats![/quote]

And how many more in the exact same ''boat'' are there!

The club has bodged up big time on the casual tickets, thinking that people will go whatever the price.

350 extra season tickets available after they had previously sold out indicate the club are aware of this!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Personally I think that scraping casual 16-21 tickets plus the increases in child casuals and adult casuals has cost the club an extra 1000 spectators (away fans as well I include in that!) for both League games so far!

[/quote]

The UEA undergraduates are not back yet.....lets see what the figures are come Oct. and Nov.