Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Epic Goalkeeper Fail -

Here''s another candidate for the "biggest fail of a keeper award"...

Note to team, when celebrating a goal with an en masse routine - don''t do it in your own half thereby allowing the ref to restart play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da0IHBMr_AY

Should probably post the link really shouldn''t I? http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-10.gif

That waqs meant to be an embarassed face.

The youtube link is the one with the clip...

and the most epic fail of a Pinkun poster award goes to....*Drum Roll*.....MEEEEE!!

Well done, kickitoff - award presented by yourself too, I see.

The video was certainly worth it in the end - I like the way you can see it all unfolding in the background behind them, to bemused Slavic swearing from the spectators.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Why-goalkeepers-shouldn-t-be-too-quick-to-celebr?urn=sow-268819[/quote]

OK

Here''s an interesting one for you, should that goal stand?

I would say no and here''s why. The keeper saved the penalty, the kick is over when the ball has stopped moving in a forward direction. It only crossed the line courtesy of the spin on the ball. No Goal.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]its a goal Waz, the ball hasnt gone dead as it is still spinning towards goal.[/quote]

Sorry, you are correct, in open play. But if it had been a penalty shoot out I stand by saying it should have been disallowed.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]its a goal Waz, the ball hasnt gone dead as it is still spinning towards goal.[/quote]

Sorry, you are correct, in open play. But if it had been a penalty shoot out I stand by saying it should have been disallowed.

[/quote]

Watching the highlights again, it was a penalty shoot out and therefore I''m sticking with it should not have been allowed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_shootout_(association_football)

the rules of a shootout as at the 2010 world cup. seems that the goal shoud stand. it makes reference to once the ball is saved no one my take a subsequent kick. it says nothing about the ball going "dead" at any stage.

goal stands!

by the way, was that you i saw in the Coach and Horses before the Swansea game?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_shootout_(association_football) the rules of a shootout as at the 2010 world cup. seems that the goal shoud stand. it makes reference to once the ball is saved no one my take a subsequent kick. it says nothing about the ball going "dead" at any stage. goal stands! by the way, was that you i saw in the Coach and Horses before the Swansea game?[/quote]

I would have to side with Jas on this one, the ball is not dead anyway as it hadn''t stopped moving and wasn''t touched by any other outside influences and should therefore stand. The keeper''s face was priceless, he just couldn''t understand to start with how the ball got into the net!

As I seem to recall we were always told that ''when the ball stops going forward'' (In a penalty shoot out) the ball is then dead.

As it came off the keeper, he saved it (Stopped it moving forward), it was only the spin of the ball that carried it in, and therefore shouldn''t count. (the rules have probably changed since I was Reffing - they tamper with them every season!)

I was away for the Swansea game, but the Coach is a wonderful place to be at any time !!!

awesome.... can''t see why that wouldn''t be a goal...

when the ball hits the post and bounces in off the keeper that''s a goal... and the ball stopped going forward

The key point is, that in a penalty shootout the ball is dead once it has stopped going forwards. the keeper clearly stopped it going forward and therefore it should not have been given. I have found this - someone talking about that exact penalty.

''I remember reading the same thing years ago. It was a penalty that hit the post and then hit the back of the keeper and went in. It was wrongly given because (at the time at least) the ball moved forward (away from the goal). This was true only for shoot-out penalties. If this is still the case then that should not have been given.''