Sign in to follow this  
german_based_canary:)

german based canary

There is about 30 of them hiding in the black forrest waiting to hear the war has finished!

But we don''t mention it!!

By the way, welcome to the mad house

Willkommen zu unserem Aufstellungsort, die meisten uns sind sehr freundlich, also amüsieren Sie sich und haben Sie Spa.

Oh and there''s me thinking we could have a private conversation [:)]

Its says welcome to the site, have fun and enjoy yourself.

I was based in Frankfurt for two years until 2005, which nicely coincided with our Prem season, and did my best to spread the word. [:D]

why do we still have forces based in germany ? is it all to do with the war and the cold war ? germany has its own army now doesn''t it ? they were in afganistan and in the papers cos they were just sat around watching dvds whilst our lads were getting blown up..seems a silly waste of money having the forces in germany in these hard times 65 years after the war ended .

[quote user="germanbasedcanary"]your so right

i dont have a clue why we are still over here tbh[/quote]Because Becks, Warsteiner Paderborner, Herforder and Dortmunder would go out of business otherwise.[:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Oh and there''s me thinking we could have a private conversation [:)]

Its says welcome to the site, have fun and enjoy yourself.

[/quote]

Oh really? That "german" you wrote did not make sense.

[quote user="pennywise "]why do we still have forces based in germany ? is it all to do with the war and the cold war ? [/quote]

Reasons for keeping units in Germany:

1) Cost of building infrastructure in the UK to house units based in Germany, e.g. bases, houses for families etc.

2) Views of German government re the removal of spending in certain parts of Germany if we relocate our forces

3) Germany has more land space and therefore areas for our forces to train on.

As well as Forces to Canaries there is also a German Supporters Club, their website is http://www.german-canaries.de/

Question for you German based canary, is 24 missile still in Dortmund ?Was with them for 4 years in 70`s. I guess its been disbanded, as theres no threat now the walls down.Be nice to know tho, as theres someone out there in the know, as it were