Sign in to follow this  
Sasco

Nigel Adkins - a manager with integrity.

Good to hear that there are some honourable people still in the game :

"Southampton withdraw offer for Nigel Adkins to be boss

Adkins joined Scunthorpe as a physio in 1996

Southampton have withdrawn their offer to Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins to become their new manager, according to Iron chairman Steve Wharton.

Adkins and assistant Andy Crosby were expected to join Saints but refused to leave until a compensation package was agreed by the two clubs. "

Warton said: "They gave him an ultimatum to resign from his position as Scunthorpe United manager.

"He was not prepared to do that until a compensation package had been agreed."

Presumably this is a dig by you at Lambert and the Colchester situation.  I still do not know enough about that situation to judge but Lambert has subsequently proved his integrity on a number of occaisions to my satisfaction.

You are entitled to your opinion but I do not share it.

I do respect Atkins though

Scunthorpe United have given their manager, Nigel Adkins, permission to speak to Southampton about the vacant managerial post at St Mary''s.

Adkins,

45, who has steered Scunthorpe to two promotions in four years on a

meagre budget, has emerged as the man Southampton want to replace Alan

Pardew, who was sacked last month. Andy Crosby, Adkins'' assistant

manager, is expected to follow him to the south coast, but the two clubs

have yet to agree a compensation package.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/09/southampton-manager-nigel-adkins-scunthorpe

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Presumably this is a dig by you at Lambert and the Colchester situation.  I still do not know enough about that situation to judge but Lambert has subsequently proved his integrity on a number of occaisions to my satisfaction.

[/quote]

I am sorry that you think that. I just re-read my post and can''t see what it was I said that made you think I was alluding to Lambert''s move from Colchester to Norwich and made you spring to Lambert''s defence. As far as that situation is concerned, all I know is that Norwich were heavily fined and paid hefty compensation to Col Utd. I suppose you have to draw whatever logical conclusions you can from that. Whatever, suffice to say that I found the attitude of Nigel Adkins really refreshing, surely you have to admire his honour and integrity ?

[quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote] I am sorry that you think that. I just re-read my post and can''t see what it was I said that made you think I was alluding to Lambert''s move from Colchester to Norwich and made you spring to Lambert''s defence. As far as that situation is concerned, all I know is that Norwich were heavily fined and paid hefty compensation to Col Utd. I suppose you have to draw whatever logical conclusions you can from that. Whatever, suffice to say that I found the attitude of Nigel Adkins really refreshing, surely you have to admire his honour and integrity ?[/quote]

I suspect it was your many anti Lambert posts under your other usernames of Lord Snooty, Bob Franklin and Alf Tupper. You really must think we''re all incredibly thick if you don''t realise that you''ve been well and truly rumbled.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote] I am sorry that you think that. I just re-read my post and can''t see what it was I said that made you think I was alluding to Lambert''s move from Colchester to Norwich and made you spring to Lambert''s defence. As far as that situation is concerned, all I know is that Norwich were heavily fined and paid hefty compensation to Col Utd. I suppose you have to draw whatever logical conclusions you can from that. Whatever, suffice to say that I found the attitude of Nigel Adkins really refreshing, surely you have to admire his honour and integrity ?[/quote]

I suspect it was your many anti Lambert posts under your other usernames of Lord Snooty, Bob Franklin and Alf Tupper. You really must think we''re all incredibly thick if you don''t realise that you''ve been well and truly rumbled.

[/quote]

I had actually forgotten that so thanks Beau.   I did note that it was a comparatively new poster which does inevitably make one more suspicious even though, such suspicions are often dispelled.

No, it was the reference to honourable men followed by a situation which is the exact parallel of Lambert''s.  Your explanantion is hardly convincing especially as you say " Whatever, suffice to say that I found the attitude of Nigel Adkins really refreshing, surely you have to admire his honour and integrity ?"  

The digs are obvious.  They are perfectly justifiable if that is how you feel but hiding behind weasel denials is pointless and rather pathetic.

I feel sorry for Steve Tilson. When Peter Grant was shown the Carrow Road exit the Board approached Southend about bringing Tilson in. Tilson was really keen on coming. Southend refused and at that time we didnt have such a cut-throat Chief Exec so we didnt pursue it, and got in Roder.

Soundend were then rewlegated, went to administration and Tilson was left with a rubbish squad and quit. As far as Im aware he is not managing a football club.

Moral of the stroy is that Lambert did the right thing to leave Col U for us, and it would be right for him to leave us for a Villa.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]And I''m wondering if it''s the same bogbrush that spoke of Andy Murray''s "rabid anti-English behaviour" (which didn''t happen), then didn''t dare show up to answer when challenged...What a div.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

And I''m wondering if it''s the same bogbrush that spoke of Andy Murray''s "rabid anti-English behaviour" (which didn''t happen), then didn''t dare show up to answer when challenged...

What a div.
[/quote]

That would be "Bogbrush", not to be confused with "Bogbrush1", who is obviously completely different[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

And I''m wondering if it''s the same bogbrush that spoke of Andy Murray''s "rabid anti-English behaviour" (which didn''t happen), then didn''t dare show up to answer when challenged...

What a div.
[/quote]

That would be "Bogbrush", not to be confused with "Bogbrush1", who is obviously completely different[;)]

[/quote]

It''s obvious that he his already stuck round the hidden bend. Not wishing to harpic on about it. But flushed with your discovery you must be on a roll!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]If the cap fits........Nice to see someone who has principles.

[/quote]And I''m wondering if it''s the same bogbrush that spoke of Andy Murray''s "rabid anti-English behaviour" (which didn''t happen), then didn''t dare show up to answer when challenged...What a div.[/quote]

[/quote]Oh my, how embarrassing. [:$]   You see, my inital reaction was that Bogbrush had attempted to evade detection by employing a cunning disguise. But of course, on reflection, nobody would be stupid enough to add a "1" to their username and post exactly the same style of sanctimonious claptrap as their previous identity.Would they?

Ahhh but Mook, maybe he''s thinking you''ll thinkn that and has tried to outsmart you with his new cunning disguise!

Davo

[/quote]And I''m wondering if it''s the same bogbrush that spoke of Andy Murray''s "rabid anti-English behaviour" (which didn''t happen), then didn''t dare show up to answer when challenged...What a div.[/quote]

[/quote]He he he he......What joy! [:D]

[quote user="Being Jan Kristiansen..."]I feel sorry for Steve Tilson. When Peter Grant was shown the Carrow Road exit the Board approached Southend about bringing Tilson in. Tilson was really keen on coming. Southend refused and at that time we didnt have such a cut-throat Chief Exec so we didnt pursue it, and got in Roder. Soundend were then rewlegated, went to administration and Tilson was left with a rubbish squad and quit. As far as Im aware he is not managing a football club. Moral of the stroy is that Lambert did the right thing to leave Col U for us, and it would be right for him to leave us for a Villa.[/quote]

So we made an approach to Southend to make my namesake our manager.......that one must have slipped under my radar because at best all i recall is that Steve Tilson''s name was just one of several thrown into the hat by the media unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Secondly Tilson did not quit Southend,he was placed on gardening leave in July and the remainder of his contract was honoured.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Being Jan Kristiansen..."]I feel sorry for Steve Tilson. When Peter Grant was shown the Carrow Road exit the Board approached Southend about bringing Tilson in. Tilson was really keen on coming. Southend refused and at that time we didnt have such a cut-throat Chief Exec so we didnt pursue it, and got in Roder. Soundend were then rewlegated, went to administration and Tilson was left with a rubbish squad and quit. As far as Im aware he is not managing a football club. Moral of the stroy is that Lambert did the right thing to leave Col U for us, and it would be right for him to leave us for a Villa.[/quote]

So we made an approach to Southend to make my namesake our manager.......that one must have slipped under my radar because at best all i recall is that Steve Tilson''s name was just one of several thrown into the hat by the media unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Secondly Tilson did not quit Southend,he was placed on gardening leave in July and the remainder of his contract was honoured.

[/quote]Sounds like a club with integrity!

[quote user="Bogbrush1"]Good to hear that there are some honourable people still in the game : "Southampton withdraw offer for Nigel Adkins to be boss Adkins joined Scunthorpe as a physio in 1996 Southampton have withdrawn their offer to Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins to become their new manager, according to Iron chairman Steve Wharton. Adkins and assistant Andy Crosby were expected to join Saints but refused to leave until a compensation package was agreed by the two clubs. " Warton said: "They gave him an ultimatum to resign from his position as Scunthorpe United manager. "He was not prepared to do that until a compensation package had been agreed."[/quote]

They are still in talks according to the radio tonight

Have Colchester fans still not gotten over Lambert moving on?? Jeez, for all their initial bluster they must have really loved Paul Lambert while he was there.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Eh ? What on earth are you talking about ? And what was wrong or anti-Lambert about my original post ? For that matter, do please show me any post that I have made that is anti-Lambert. At a time when sport is riddled with cheats, fraud and £6m saIaries, I found it refreshing that a relatively unknown manager when offered the chance of joining one of the wealthiest clubs in the country stood up for honour, honesty and integrity. However, you, not me, turned this thread into a rather, nasty, unpleasant rant. Nothing new there then.

Yep, I use Bogbrush and Bogbrush 1 as sign-offs from different computers at work, problem with that ? Have a good weekend Mr B. Don''t spend too much time on here because if you puff out your chest too much you might just burst and that would probably be very messy.

[quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Eh ? What on earth are you talking about ? And what was wrong or anti-Lambert about my original post ? For that matter, do please show me any post that I have made that is anti-Lambert. At a time when sport is riddled with cheats, fraud and £6m saIaries, I found it refreshing that a relatively unknown manager when offered the chance of joining one of the wealthiest clubs in the country stood up for honour, honesty and integrity. However, you, not me, turned this thread into a rather, nasty, unpleasant rant. Nothing new there then.

Yep, I use Bogbrush and Bogbrush 1 as sign-offs from different computers at work, problem with that ? Have a good weekend Mr B. Don''t spend too much time on here because if you puff out your chest too much you might just burst and that would probably be very messy.[/quote]They''ll all be crying ''JUDAS'' soon enough when Lambert moves on to greener pastures....As with our glorious ''saviour''.... anything even approaching criticism will be met with accusations of disloyalty. I knew what you meant and it''s a point well made.

[quote user="Lambo"]Have Colchester fans still not gotten over Lambert moving on?? Jeez, .[/quote]

Theres still plenty of City fans who havent forgiven players like Dean Ashton etc for leaving, so cant really moan about them in there defence.

I agree with the original post, well done to Adkins for having a bit of respect for the club hes been with 14 years, Lambert though had been at Colchester less than a year so different story. Yes we were wrong, but we wanted him and he wanted to come here and the Col chairman is a tosser.

And also we did make an approach via Neil Doncaster for Steve Tilson, but Southend refused permission, and Norwich gave up on him, this is where McNally suceeds where Doncaster failed, as he pushed for the man he wanted.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote] Eh ? What on earth are you talking about ? And what was wrong or anti-Lambert about my original post ? For that matter, do please show me any post that I have made that is anti-Lambert. At a time when sport is riddled with cheats, fraud and £6m saIaries, I found it refreshing that a relatively unknown manager when offered the chance of joining one of the wealthiest clubs in the country stood up for honour, honesty and integrity. However, you, not me, turned this thread into a rather, nasty, unpleasant rant. Nothing new there then. Yep, I use Bogbrush and Bogbrush 1 as sign-offs from different computers at work, problem with that ? Have a good weekend Mr B. Don''t spend too much time on here because if you puff out your chest too much you might just burst and that would probably be very messy.[/quote]

They''ll all be crying ''JUDAS'' soon enough when Lambert moves on to greener pastures....

As with our glorious ''saviour''.... anything even approaching criticism will be met with accusations of disloyalty. I knew what you meant and it''s a point well made.
[/quote]

I assume that by ''they'' you mean city fans? [:)] And, actually, you''re right, the OP is a well made point in comparison to his endless defences of Gunn''s managerial ''career'' [:)] 

I assume that by ''they'' you mean city fans? [:)]

It refers to the sheep.... not proper fans like me.

[quote user="Bogbrush1"]

Yep, I use Bogbrush and Bogbrush 1 as sign-offs from different computers at work, problem with that ? Have a good weekend Mr B. Don''t spend too much time on here because if you puff out your chest too much you might just burst and that would probably be very messy.[/quote]Yes, I have a problem with it. I''m still waiting about Andy Murray''s "rabid anti-English" behaviour. How''s finding the evidence coming along?

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Bogbrush1"] Yep, I use Bogbrush and Bogbrush 1 as sign-offs from different computers at work, problem with that ? Have a good weekend Mr B. Don''t spend too much time on here because if you puff out your chest too much you might just burst and that would probably be very messy.[/quote]

Yes, I have a problem with it. I''m still waiting about Andy Murray''s "rabid anti-English" behaviour. How''s finding the evidence coming along?
[/quote]

Mook, you may like to refer to page 4 of the attached thread. Check out Lord Snooty''s response to me. Anything familiar about the language used in comparison to bogbrush above? Even better is that my reply which quoted him actually comes up as Captain Pugwash, another "different" poster to add to the growing list of this troll''s personas.

Perhaps you''ll get your reply once he resolves his identity crisis!!!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/4/1918588/ShowPost.aspx#1918588

Yes Beaustful, I read that at the time, thought it apt and used something similar. What exactly is your problem ? Perhaps being told not to puff out your chest so much is a bit too close to home, you do seem to be making such a fuss about it. And if a poster wants to change his nom de plume from time to time why do you take issue with that, why is that a problem for you ? As long as the views are consistent what''s the problem ? As for calling me a troll, well that''s upto you, it''s easy to hurl insults but "sticks and stones etc". As I said previously, one of your sidekicks called me an amateur troll and as this suggests part-time, it''s accurate. Like I said, better to be an amateur troll than a full-time professional like you seem to be, tracking back through posts, analysing posters'' use of English, searching for similarities. Jeez that seems just a bit obsessive. I live far from Norwich and I visit the PinkUn website only occasionally when I have time, to stay in touch with my club and the fans. Which is why it has taken me so long to respond and I shall leave it at that.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Bogbrush1"]

Yep, I use Bogbrush and Bogbrush 1 as sign-offs from different computers at work, problem with that ? Have a good weekend Mr B. Don''t spend too much time on here because if you puff out your chest too much you might just burst and that would probably be very messy.[/quote]Yes, I have a problem with it. I''m still waiting about Andy Murray''s "rabid anti-English" behaviour. How''s finding the evidence coming along?[/quote]

When did I say Andy Murray''s rabid anti-English behaviour ? Better check with your pal the MB Archive Meister. As it happens, I do think Murray is anti-English although he hides it now of course.

[quote user="Bogbrush6"]When did I say Andy Murray''s rabid anti-English behaviour ? Better check with your pal the MB Archive Meister. As it happens, I do think Murray is anti-English although he hides it now of course.[/quote]

10 second seach on the word ''rabid'' came up with this...

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/2206187/ShowPost.aspx#2206187

[quote user="Bogbrush"] Maybe I have a problem but I don''t find it easy to forgive disloyalty and I am always amused by the Murray supporters on here who so readily forgot his rabid anti-england antics [/quote]