Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Steffen Iversen. Again.

I know already what some of you are thinking but he is out of contract at the end of October.We don''t have any target man back up for Holt, so would he be worth a 1year/18 month deal?http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2010/08/21/crystal-palace-boss-george-burley-targets-old-tottenham-hotspur-striker-steffen-iversen-102039-22503642/

Considering the form he''s been showing for Rosenborg this season he could be worth a risk but I don''t think we would make a move and I doubt he would come. In October he would be nearing the end of his season and would he really want to continue playing through the winter in a tough physical league like the Championship? Or would he stay in his home town and help them in the Europa league against the likes of Bayer Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid?

If the roles were reversed I know I would want to stay and play for my home town.

Davo

[quote user="Canary1902"]

Has he not got his bus pass yet? Why not just sign Andre Kanchelskis too and have done with it

[/quote]

And what is our managers name again?

[quote user="Canary1902"]

I don''t follow?

[/quote]Well considering people were suggesting giving Shittu a go recently I don''t think it''s that ridiculous a suggestion.

[quote user="county_yellow"]Still scoring goals so why not, can be used as backup to start and push for a place. As mentioned, as long wages weren''t too high of course.[/quote]

Yeah I agree, and would definately take him [Y]

I live in Norway and Trondheim. The city Iversen plays in.

1. Iversen wants to move to London. (if the rumers are right). His wife lives there.

2. He scores but he is not 100% so not meny games where he plays 90 min

3. I dont think he wil acept a small wage. He is expensive.

4. Meny strange think hapening to him, now he was injured in a plane trip. Some alcohol problem with the national team. Have a feeling he loves to party to much.

Am a Norwich not suporter and my conclution is that NO we dont need him.

A interesting norwegan player is Johan Lindre Bjerdal. Central difender.Whey cant we take a look at him :-)

(sorry aboute the English, from Norway)

[quote user="Olano"]I live in Norway and Trondheim. The city Iversen plays in.

1. Iversen wants to move to London. (if the rumers are right). His wife lives there.

4. Meny strange think hapening to him, now he was injured in a plane trip. Some alcohol problem with the national team. Have a feeling he loves to party to much.

I am a Norwich suporter and my conclution is that NO we dont need him.

A interesting norwegan player is Johan Lindre Bjerdal. Central difender.Whey cant we take a look at him :-)

(sorry aboute the English, from Norway)[/quote]

[quote user="Olano"][quote user="Olano"]I live in Norway and Trondheim. The city Iversen plays in.

I am a Norwich suporter and my conclution is that NO we dont need him.

(sorry aboute the English, from Norway)[/quote][/quote]Iversen is available on a free transfer soon. That''s a fact. Link to Norwegian paper about that.Iversen could be a good backup for Holt. Or... Holt could be a good backup for Iversen.Iversen is 34 years old. Dion was our best player when he was 39 years old. I would happily sign Iversen on a 1 year deal.Johan Lindre Bjerdal? Who is that? I can see a player for Bodø Glimt who is named Johan Lædre Bjørdal. Is that the player you mean, Olano?

http://www.glimt.no//index.php?page=spiller&phid=15587Info about the defender I was talking about. Im sorry but Iversen is not worth the money in my opinion. To happy drinking and not as professional as Dublin.