Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

QPR away tickets

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]I am really interested in going to the QPR game as well in London on October 16th. Does anyone know how you would find your way from London Liverpool Street and then onto the Hammersmith and City line, this leads to Shepherds Bush Market? I just don''t know where you would go once at Liverpool Street having arrived from Norwich.

I want to book a train ticket now really but frustratingly I can''t because there is no guarantee that I will get a ticket for the QPR game, so I have to wait before the tickets go on sale, and once I have my tickets I can then get my train tickets.[/quote]You can get to QPR on the tube direct from Liverpool St. on both the Central line to Sheperds Bush, or as you say on the Ham. & City to Shep.Bush Market. Its cheaper and easier to get a Zone 1/2 travelcard for the day which will cover that journey.(You can buy this at the same time as you buy the train ticket)>

[quote user="Brendo "]fight...fight...fight. [:D]
[/quote]

It would be more fun if you both dressed up in green gimp suits first.

Loser isn''t allowed to blub.

Whilst this was a fairly pointless thread maybe CT is being treated a bit harshly, as he always seems to be. There''s about 20 pointless threads a day but CT does seem to be singled out.Maybe it''s all this inner-circle crap which causes it, i don''t know. I certainly don''t think that''s the case and Morty didn''t come across as if to say he was a ''better poster'' than you, he was just pointing out the ticket office is the way to go - which you should know by now. As you say CT, there''s been tons of these threads before and every time it''s ''ring the ticket office'' so you had no need to post.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/HomeTickets/0,,10373,00.html

It doesn''t look like they do a student ticket, but if you''re U21, I''d guess £40-£50 for the pair

Quite funny seeing the amount of stick that CT got on this thread.

Back on topic, I''d love to be able to make this but I''m going to be away (In Dubai Epic Beard Man, since you''re so keen on people name & place dropping, you prized plumb).

One of the few London grounds I''ve not yet been to, gutted that it won''t be this year.

I fancy us to sell out the allocation as long as we keep up our half decent form.

COYY.

[quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="BRAVEHEART"]I am really interested in going to the QPR game as well in London on October 16th. Does anyone know how you would find your way from London Liverpool Street and then onto the Hammersmith and City line, this leads to Shepherds Bush Market? I just don''t know where you would go once at Liverpool Street having arrived from Norwich. I want to book a train ticket now really but frustratingly I can''t because there is no guarantee that I will get a ticket for the QPR game, so I have to wait before the tickets go on sale, and once I have my tickets I can then get my train tickets.[/quote]

You can get to QPR on the tube direct from Liverpool St. on both the Central line to Sheperds Bush, or as you say on the Ham. & City to Shep.Bush Market.
Its cheaper and easier to get a Zone 1/2 travelcard for the day which will cover that journey.(You can buy this at the same time as you buy the train ticket)>
[/quote]

As advised here central line direct from Liv Street to Shepherds Bush (or White City) will be quicker and easier than hammersmith and city line. Its only an extra 5 minutes walk from Shepherds Bush Central line Station and White City is closer to the ground than Shepherd''s Bush Market. Easy trip. Good day out and nice that we get to go there on a saturday for once as its been a while!

I wonder if it would be possible to get match commentary and listen to the match on the radio, because when I am in London I won''t be able to get Radio Norfolk but there might be a Radio station that does the match commentary.

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]I wonder if it would be possible to get match commentary and listen to the match on the radio, because when I am in London I won''t be able to get Radio Norfolk but there might be a Radio station that does the match commentary.[/quote]Well, that''s a good point.I suggest you take about a dozen different portable radios, some with FM, some with LW, some with MW, some with all three, and several packs of batteries to run them with. Given this is a lot to carry, I''d consider a backpack or strapping them to your body. However, I wouldn''t do any of this if, as per your original post, you''re planning to get to Shepherd''s Bush on the Tube.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Did anyone apply for QPR tickets via the newspaper?
[/quote]

Yes indeed.  I sent in the application today.... 19.50 for two tickets. [:D]

Maybe people should make an outer circle and gain up on the supposed inner circle, that would really **** the system up!

I personally would have just rang the ticket office but maybe this person was fishing for a "Well I know......"

It all gets a little bit heated between people on here sometimes doesn''t it..... Wonder if people get that vocal with the binners?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Did anyone apply for QPR tickets via the newspaper?[/quote]

[/quote]Don''t think you''ll get them, unless you''ve already talked to the club about it. I phoned up last week enquiring how it was going to work and they told me they''d all gone.

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Did anyone apply for QPR tickets via the newspaper?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t think you''ll get them, unless you''ve already talked to the club about it. I phoned up last week enquiring how it was going to work and they told me they''d all gone.
[/quote]

I phoned them about a month ago and they said to send in the application when tickets are released for sale. I can''t see how they could have all gone so soon, as I''m sure the club can apply for another allocation. Failing that, the other alternative is to go to the home club and apply there, according to the small print.  

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Did anyone apply for QPR tickets via the newspaper?[/quote]

[/quote]Don''t think you''ll get them, unless you''ve already talked to the club about it. I phoned up last week enquiring how it was going to work and they told me they''d all gone.[/quote]

I phoned them about a month ago and they said to send in the application when tickets are released for sale. I can''t see how they could have all gone so soon, as I''m sure the club can apply for another allocation. Failing that, the other alternative is to go to the home club and apply there, according to the small print.  

[/quote]Yes, there''s loads of full-price tickets left in the Norwich allocation, but there were only around 80-100 discounted tickets available for the promotion, and I imagine once they''ve all gone, they''ve all gone - QPR will have done a deal with the Sun on how many can be sold at discount.