Sign in to follow this  
crowey66

Which other club do you have a soft spot for and why........

Indeed I do yellow mello! I have a very soft spot for ipswich town and all their supporters[:O]

It can be found here :-

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Indeed I do yellow mello! I have a very soft spot for ipswich town and all their supporters[:O]

It can be found here :-

[;)]

[/quote]

What of all these other posters that have an allegiance/soft spot for another club.....Are they untrue Norwich fans?

All true fans yellow! But I would say those who chop and change their allegiance are fickle.

Still..

[8] Wherever I lay my cap, that''s my club!

I have a soft spot for Wisbech Town and the "old" King''s Lynn ( I have no time for the new set up) , as they were clubs that I played for. Other than that I like Barcelona''s style of play, and their ownership by the fans, but I can''t honestly say that I have a "second" team as such.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

All true fans yellow! But I would say those who chop and change their allegiance are fickle.

Still..

[8] Wherever I lay my cap, that''s my club!

[/quote]

Oddball waffle to suit your agenda.....again.

[quote user="Ren"]East Stirlingshire - after reading the book "pointless" which was the tale of a season with Scotlands worst club. They picked up a bit since I read the book, but can still be found in the bottom league.

Would like to get up there for a game one day.[/quote]

Forgot them - we nipped in whilst on holiday and the bloke let us kick a ball around on teh pitch ( i was about 11 I suppose ) always had a soft spot since

Boston United, for better or worse, as I was born in the fens near Skeggy.

By the way, Crowey, I think you''ll find that Torquay have been a League club since 1927, except for a couple of seasons in the Conference recently.

[quote user="gary "]Likes - Kings Lynn - Obvious Reason Port Vale - Went once when a game was postponed and adopted them Hartlepool - were rubbish when I was a Kid Bristol Rovers - Went when they played in Bath Fortuna Dusseldorf - spent my 21st birthday in germany and went there Sparta Rotterdam - saw them beat Bobby Robson''s PSV and loved it Dislikes 2 obvious - Suffolk and Man Utd Everton , Liverpool , Chelsea , Spurs , Southampton , Charlton , Stoke , Newcastle , Middlesbrough , Forest , Birmingham , Wolves , Coventry , Leeds , Brighton , Palace , MK Dons , Stevenage , Luton , Histon , Wroxham , Lowestoft - Hamburg , Celtic , Stirling aLbion , Feyernoord , Bochum , Duisburg Bayern Munich , Preston , Blackburn[/quote]

Just interested why the dislike of Histon?  Have been there a couple of times in the last year or so and found them very hospitable and a well run outfit.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]I always look for the Arsenal result, Not saying i have a soft spot but like the way they play[Y][/quote]

Agreed, would love to see them win the League this year [Y]

The mighty WWFC!(no not Wolves before i get battered!), Wycombe Wanderers nearest football team to my birthplace of Amersham who were a non league outfit when I used to watch them from my pram many moons ago!

If I had to name a premiership side it would definateley have to be Arsenal for their style even though the side is virtually made up of foreign talent. mind you I''m quite partial to a bit of foreign talent before Master Fanny Magnet points this out!

I have a soft spot for Walsall, one of my best mates is a passionate Saddlers fan and we often go to corresponding fixtures together and talk football - ironically he has a soft spot for us as a result as well

Napoli in ItalyBVB Dortmund and FC St. Pauli in Germany-  will have to hope for 2 draws now that they are at same levelSeattle Sounders in MLS.Athletic Bilbao in La Liga

MacDougall''s Perm wrote:

"How on earth could I have forgotten St Pauli!!!!!!!"

How indeed Mac?

Would love to try and get to Millerntor for the Hamburg derby this season, it''s gonna be interesting, can''t imagine there''ll be many spare tickets though.

"Sankt Pauli gegen rechts!!!!"

As a boy in the sixties I had three and I still have some affection. West Ham were my grandfather''s great passion (he went to Wembley in 1923) and of course they had the world cup trio. Spurs had Jimmy Greaves who I idolised; probably the greatest goalscorer ever. Southend were my local team and my Dad took me for three seasons.

In 1969 aged 14, we moved to Attleborough. I discovred the true faith and began a love that has lasted 40 years and is stronger than ever.

Ok and my Dad is 80 and we sit in the Jarrold now just as we sat together at Roots Hall. Means a very great deal to me.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="gary "]Likes - Kings Lynn - Obvious Reason Port Vale - Went once when a game was postponed and adopted them Hartlepool - were rubbish when I was a Kid Bristol Rovers - Went when they played in Bath Fortuna Dusseldorf - spent my 21st birthday in germany and went there Sparta Rotterdam - saw them beat Bobby Robson''s PSV and loved it Dislikes 2 obvious - Suffolk and Man Utd Everton , Liverpool , Chelsea , Spurs , Southampton , Charlton , Stoke , Newcastle , Middlesbrough , Forest , Birmingham , Wolves , Coventry , Leeds , Brighton , Palace , MK Dons , Stevenage , Luton , Histon , Wroxham , Lowestoft - Hamburg , Celtic , Stirling aLbion , Feyernoord , Bochum , Duisburg Bayern Munich , Preston , Blackburn[/quote]

Just interested why the dislike of Histon?  Have been there a couple of times in the last year or so and found them very hospitable and a well run outfit.

[/quote]

They are a tiny club only where they are due to a rich benefactor - who has now pulled out , virtually no fans and the playing style of Wimbledon in the 80''s - just loathesome

Two for punk rock/political reasonsFC St Pauli (Hamburg, Germany) - great anti-fascist/non-conformist/anarchist fans.Livorno (Italy) - again for their left wing fans and sometimes players. Check out their most famous player Cristiano Lucarelli.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

I have a soft spot for AFC Wimbledon. Always look out for their results, and feel a bit sorry for the "Wimbledon Fans"

Look forward to the day they play MK Dons.

[/quote]

Me too.  Apparently there''s some guy who stands to win a shed load of money if they get promoted this year as he put a bet on when they re-formed that they would be back in the Football League within 10 years.

Bury Town - my brother plays for them

Spurs - my Grandfather was a big fan and a mate of mine used to have a spre season ticket so I''ve been to WHL to watch them on a few occasions

Cambridge - was born there

Celtic - my Dad was born in Glasgow and was/is very much of the green persuasion

I thought I''d already contributed to this thread...must be another one of these...

Tottenham

Stevenage

Luton

Burton Albion