Sign in to follow this  
crowey66

Which other club do you have a soft spot for and why........

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Barrow.....Collected Anglo ''Bellboy'' gum wrappers as a kid and it seemed like a million miles away from Norwich when I looked it up.[/quote]Many moons ago we had a young bloke from Barrow start work in our office in Norwich, and, to us swedebashers he sounded as if he really had come from a million miles away........

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You watched Norwich on a saturday, then Ajax on the sunday? wow :D[/quote]yep, heres how i did it.home to hook of holland [1 hour]fast ferry to harwich [3hr 50]train to manningtree, change for norwichgametrain back to binnerland,boat train to harwichcatch the 7.20 ferry. back home by 12.30most dutch league games that are played on sundays are kicking off about 11.30 - 13.00fairly easy.the only thing was for champions league games. season tickets never covered those, so you had to pay 10euro to get in!

Sunderland. Went to university in the North East and I enjoyed it much more than a trip to St James''s Park. Always keep an eye out for how they are doing.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Barrow.....Collected Anglo ''Bellboy'' gum wrappers as a kid and it seemed like a million miles away from Norwich when I looked it up.[/quote]Many moons ago we had a young bloke from Barrow start work in our office in Norwich, and, to us swedebashers he sounded as if he really had come from a million miles away........[/quote]I went there on a kind of pilgrimage when I got my first car.....Rather a disappointment!  [:)]

[quote user="Jacko"]Sunderland. Went to university in the North East and I enjoyed it much more than a trip to St James''s Park. Always keep an eye out for how they are doing.[/quote]

Mackem scum[:@]

I have a soft spot for teams from places where I have lived so

Derby County

Perth Glory

Nagoya Grampus

Also have an affection for Real Madrid for no known reason so follow them when the Spanish football is on

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Barrow.....

Collected Anglo ''Bellboy'' gum wrappers as a kid and it seemed like a million miles away from Norwich when I looked it up.
[/quote]

How''s Robert?

Did he collect them too?

OTBC

I dont support any other clubs, I like to see a few do well for the following reasons.

Barnet - because my mates a big Barnet fan, and we have been to a few when City havent been playing.

Yeovil - Because I worked nearby for a good while, and wanted to watch some local football.

Rotherham - Family reasons.

I dont support any of them, I dont care if they win, lose or draw, but if they do well im chuffed for the people I know who support them. I know plenty of Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man Utd fans, but have no reason to have a soft spot because none of them have even been within miles of a match, even when they have played at Carrow Road. Plastic glory hunters. 

Exeter City have always been my second team, simply because they were my local club as a kid, & my old Dad always encouraged me to support the local boys, rather than being a glory hunter. In the very early 60''s it was always Tottenham that ruled the playground kick abouts, all of the kids wanted to be Greaves or Blanchflower,so I had no competition when I opted to be Percy Baddick! So, Norwich are my team, but the Grecians are my ''dirty little secret''!

Lowestoft Town: Hometown club.

Celtic: Irish Catholic family.

Fiorentina: My housemate is from Florence and have been to see them play a couple of times, also love their kit.

FC St Pauli: A club which has come symbolise everything special about football and punk rock culture, plus they walk onto the pitch to Hells Bells by AC/DC.

After Norwich I look for several results....

Ipsh*t - in the hope they''ve lost

Leicester - same reason, as brother in laws team

Rushden - used to work with a fan and visted the ground several times

Arsenal - due the whole family on my Dad''s side being fans, a legacy I was supposed to follow, except I grew up in Norfolk.

Likes -

Kings Lynn - Obvious Reason

Port Vale - Went once when a game was postponed and adopted them

Hartlepool - were rubbish when I was a Kid

Bristol Rovers - Went when they played in Bath

Fortuna Dusseldorf - spent my 21st birthday in germany and went there

Sparta Rotterdam - saw them beat Bobby Robson''s PSV and loved it

Dislikes

2 obvious - Suffolk and Man Utd

Everton , Liverpool , Chelsea , Spurs , Southampton , Charlton , Stoke , Newcastle , Middlesbrough , Forest , Birmingham , Wolves , Coventry , Leeds , Brighton , Palace , MK Dons , Stevenage , Luton , Histon , Wroxham , Lowestoft - Hamburg , Celtic , Stirling aLbion , Feyernoord , Bochum , Duisburg Bayern Munich , Preston , Blackburn

Cambridge United- local to where I live now

Dagenham and Redbridge - similar to the other poster who mentioned them. Deserved a replay from our fa cup at the very least IMO. Glad they won on saturday :D

San Jose Earthquakes because of Hucks.

Oh and Norwich City reserve and academy sides ;)

My friends all support Premier Teams, so I tend to pick a team each season in the Prem to follow to we can have a bit of rivalry banter.

Opted for Fulham this year, got abit of a soft spot for Mark Hughes I think lol.

Other than that, I got to Millwall with my brother in law quite alot, but when the canaries are in town obviously I''m in the away end!

East Stirlingshire - after reading the book "pointless" which was the tale of a season with Scotlands worst club. They picked up a bit since I read the book, but can still be found in the bottom league.

Would like to get up there for a game one day.

[quote user="Ren"]East Stirlingshire - after reading the book "pointless" which was the tale of a season with Scotlands worst club. They picked up a bit since I read the book, but can still be found in the bottom league.

Would like to get up there for a game one day.[/quote]once dubbed the worst football club in Britain. there was a TV programme about them 5 or 6 years ago. their supporters deserve medals!

Aston Villa. My grandfather was a shareholder back in 1910 (one hundred years ago} and my coz Diana still has the shares. The pitch had a banked wooden cycle track round it and they used to hold cycle races there. Being shareholders grandfather was allocated two free tickets to matches and after he died my mother used to go to the games with her coz Harold. Just before mother died I took her to Carrow to see Norwich play Aston Villa in a league game. We had seats in the City Stand. No one could have been more delighted than my mother. I think Villa won!.

Celtic.  When I was a kid I had the Shoot! Football League Ladders (anyone remember those?) and Celtics little card was yellow and green, just like Norwich''s (Norwich was yellow with green writing, Celtic was green with yellow writing).  In later years my opposition to Rangers increased when I decided the only teams I hated played in blue.....

For a similar reason Ive also kept an eye on Hibs (as their card was green, though white writing)

Still look for both results, even 30-odd years later

[quote user="Simon Lappin King Of Spain"]

Lowestoft Town: Hometown club.

Celtic: Irish Catholic family.

Fiorentina: My housemate is from Florence and have been to see them play a couple of times, also love their kit.

FC St Pauli: A club which has come symbolise everything special about football and punk rock culture, plus they walk onto the pitch to Hells Bells by AC/DC.

[/quote]

How on earth could I have forgotten St Pauli!!!!!!!

Kings Lynn  - location

Sheffield Weds - Have a good mate who supports them. We go together to both games(when we are in the same division). He sits with me for the home game and I sit in the kop with him for the away game.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Newcastle, where I was born and I have always lived within 20 miles of.[/quote]

Quite surprised that ''Nutless Niggle'' hasn''t slapped a piccy of a fat Geordie on your post......

I''m allegedly/supposedly a Newcastle supporter....

Wonder if Nutless has a soft spot for any other club....?