Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Who is the worst overseas player to play for Norwich City?

it has to be Valesco, he lasted for 20 minutes away to Hull, got the hook and was never seen again

I''ve been thinking about this long and hard. Try these for size...

Garry Brady

Jim Brennan

David Carney

(Can you hear the drums) Fernando Derveld

Erik Fuglestad

Thomas Helveg

Julien Brellier

Dario Dumić

Jonatan Johansson

Mattias Jonson

Marc (13 seconds and naff all else) Libbra

Ade Akinbiyi

Gaetano Giallanza

David Střihavka

Goran Marić

Adrian (Brick) Leijer

Jan Mølby

Victor Segura

Henrik Mortensen

Jurgen Colin

Chris Killen

Juan Velasco

Dražen Mužinic (Ahem…)

Matty Pattison

Omar Koroma

Paul Peschisolido

Maceo Rigters (did he really happen?)

Wynton Rufer (only the worst because we weren’t allowed to see him play and he turned into an international class player)

Antoine Sibierski

Michael Theoklitos

Raymond de Waard

Ulf Ottosson (Ulf…Ulf…Ulf…)

And here''s a special section of our friends from other parts of the UK whom we''ve wasted a lot of time, money and bile over the years on...

Jim Whitley

Willie Young

Michael Watt

Brian McGovern

Paul Dalglish

Scott Howie

Ian Murray

Mark Fotheringham

Peter Grant

Jim Blair

Adrian Coote

Does Suffolk count as overseas Pete?

I always had a secret mistrust of Adrian Pennock and Louie Donowa...

Disagree on a couple of those.  Giallanza looked decent until he got a serious injury, and Molby was past his best but still put in a decent shift and passed the ball better than most of our players at the time.  Mortensen always put a decent shift in and didn''t take the p*ss, even though he wasn''t the best in terms of ability.  Fuglestad has no place in that list at all, he was decent enough in a generally crap team.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Disagree on a couple of those.  Giallanza looked decent until he got a serious injury, and Molby was past his best but still put in a decent shift and passed the ball better than most of our players at the time.  Mortensen always put a decent shift in and didn''t take the p*ss, even though he wasn''t the best in terms of ability.  Fuglestad has no place in that list at all, he was decent enough in a generally crap team.

[/quote]

I did feel a little mean about some of those and did hover over the delete button on 1 or 2.

Molby did provide much amusement as we tried to count the number of times he left the centre circle during a game (passing was class though).

I guess I included Giallanza because he was another of those players that promised so much and we didn''t really get to see it - so maybe harsh.

Mortensen was big on promise but at £350k for a couple of goals, disappointed hugely.

In the same vein, I''ve just remebered David Neilson - scored his way to a permanent contract and then couldn''t hit a cow''s ar5e with a banjo.

So I''ll swap him for Fuglestad.

Eric Fugelstad. Yes. This guy seemed permanently stoned. The ball would be pinged towards him at left back and he''d track it for some of its trajectory, only to see something shiny in the south stand and wander off towards it. marvellous. but no one at the time agreed with me about how poo he was. was it just me who clocked his penchant for the herb?

Siberski He cost us are best center back at the time and what did we get from his loan spell 2 goals for a center forward who was mainly relied on by Roeder as are goal threat and he scored a free kick and a shot what hit him in the big bald head and he clamied it.