Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Who is the worst overseas player to play for Norwich City?

Hamilton''s Dutch pair were uber poo, but i do recall Derveld scoring once in a rare away win at West Brom. I think?

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

Pete

when you ask these quetions and ask for ''answers to peter.raven@archant.co.uk, where do the answers go and what do you do with them? Are you writing a book, and if so do we get any royalties?

[/quote]Column in Thursday''s paper.

Goran Maric was the worst forward since the legend that was Dean Coney. This may seem like heresy to some, but there is a school of thought which thinks that Mr Maric was not actually the worst since DC,but the worst forward full stop.

I remember watching De Waard away at QPR that season, and

thought that this guy might be something special. As it turns out he was woeful

as he showed in a number of home games that season. He doesn`t get my vote

overall though. In recent memory (other than Theoklitos), it would have to be

Sibierski for me. Was probably on three or four times the wages of Theokilitis,

but was equally if not so more ineffective.

It has to be Theoklitos - for the reasons outlined above. However mention should be made of Juan Velasco, whose performance at Coventry - even though it onlt lasted about 15 minutes - was one of quite mind-numbing incompetance. And if you are after candidates who actually cost a bit - how about Drazen Muzinic? The replacement for Martin Peters! Total rubbish.

Keith O''neill [:D]from proper abroad erm....saw derveld make a few horror tackles and he was generally s*it too. that said, beanploe De Waard wasnt much better. despite this, It has to be theoclitorus surely????

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]And why?Answers to peter.raven@archant.co.uk by Wednesday please.Imagine there will be more candidates for this than your favourite overseas player a few weeks ago...[/quote]Mike Sutton.... [;)]

I never saw Drazen Muzinic play.  I did see Pape Diop play, Victor Segura play, and Raymond de Waard play.But Fernando Derveld beats them all.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I never saw Drazen Muzinic play.  I did see Pape Diop play, Victor Segura play, and Raymond de Waard play.

But Fernando Derveld beats them all.

[/quote]

Both Derveld and Segura were cak.  But Segura was worse than Derveld.  I believe that Segura was sooo bad he even failed a trial for a Jewson League club!!!

I didn''t mind Segura. Derveld was bloody terrible.

Jurgen Colin was rubbish too.

Mullen was on my short list, alongside pretty much all the aforementioned, but I still think De Waard is one of the worst players ever to masquerade as a professional.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Mullen was on my short list, alongside pretty much all the aforementioned, but I still think De Waard is one of the worst players ever to masquerade as a professional.[/quote]The only time I saw De Waard play he set up two goals in the first ten minutes and the crowd still booed him.  Can''t remember the game but Anselin was on the other wing.

Mullen??? Killen...(poxy phone and it''s automatic spelling correction)

Maybe time has eradicated anything good De Waard did from my memory but I simply cannot recall him doing anything of note...

I''m probably just guilty of the same thing I hated the Doc bashers for, decide you dislike the player and then develop the inability to see anything positive in their game, however De Waard was definitely cack.

Papa Diop was shockingly poor but agree with the general sentiment regarding De Waard. I also remember an Irish guy around the same time- we had Des Hamilton in midfield (I think) with someone with a name like Gerry Daly who was supposed to be an attacking midfielder but was absolutely useless. Funny how so many came from the Hamilton regime, and also how much work Worthington had to do at that time.

De Ward, Der Veld, Sibierski, ''the best signing in the league'' that was Brellier, Theoklitos, Koroma, Velasco...The list goes on!

I liked Papa Diop. Does anyone remember his performance v QPR on Boxing Day?! He was outstanding, then spat at the QPR fans and got sent back to France!

Brellier must be one of the worse, does anyone remember Neale Fenn?

My vote would also go to Omar Koroma. I dont know what possessed Roeder to sign him on loan. He described him as ''a beautiful mover.'' I can only assume he was pulling some good shapes down at Mercy because he was useless on the pitch.