Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Ruddy Marvelous!

I just wanted to post this thread in the hope that a wave a guilt is now sweeping over the individuals who were on Ruddy''s back after just the Everton & Watford games.

Fair enough, we dominated against Scunthorpe on saturday but he still made some vital saves when it was needed.

I hope people now understand that a new player needs time to gel with the squad, and I hope he continues to impress.

I''ve never been on Ruddy''s back as like you said he needs to be given time to settle in..

However he was barely tested so the jury is still out i would say..

I have to agree with both of you. Both Ruddy and the whole defence (and the midfield supporting it) were far better against both the Gills and Scunthorpe. There are still at least 46 matches to go though, so we need to see more of both Ruddy and the defence. I also thought that they benefitted from much better midfield support with both Crofts and Korey making it difficult for Scunthorpe. The 15 minutes of intense pressure at the end of the first half was a critical phase, however, and coming through it intact seemed to take the wind out of their sails in the second half. Personally, I think that Lambert has now found his best formation, although Surman and Lappin are still a close run thing, IMO.

I''m pleased for Ruddy and the team that we managed to keep a clean sheet away from home. However like slating him before praising him to the sky now is out of proportion. He played well and did what he had to on Saturday now we just have to see if he can be consistant.

It''s still too early for me to make a decision on him but hopefully his confidence will have improved and the rest of the team provide him with some protection unlike that they did against Watford and at elast one of the goals against Everton. It''s not time for him to put in a performance at FCR to help but the crowd at ease and keep them off his back. Still I assume in the eyes of some parts he will never be good enough.

Davo