Sign in to follow this  
stephsgcom

paul lambert interview - germany

hi there

stephan from borussia dortmund fanzine www.schwatzgelb.com writing here.

we recently had the chance to speak to paul lambert about his time in dortmund and his manager career.

not a lot of new stuff for you, but here we go

http://www.schwatzgelb.de/2010_08_16_where_are_they_now_paul_lamber...

best of luck in the championship and best wishes from dortmund

stephan

thanks a lot for your feedback. dortmund? since winning the champions league in 1997 and then winning the league in 2002 (on loaned money) we have gone through hard times. but now, under manager jürgen klopp, the storm has calmed. we have quite a few good young players in our squad. nuri sahin, who at the age of 21, already has a lot of experience under his belly and was the target of quite a few epl clubs in the past; neven subotic, the young serbian defender who has been linked to the likes of manchester united/city and arsenal, lucas barrios, a good forward from argentina who played for paraguay in this year''s world cup to name a few. on thursday we play aserbaijan side fk qarabag in the europa league qualifiers. it''d be a huge step forward for our young team to qualify for the group stages. league kicks off this weekend with a match against ballack''s new team leverkusen. we are looking to repeat last year''s success with qualifying for europe againalso: there are quite a few english and scottish fans travelling over to see borussia play at the westfalenstadion on a regular basis. here is an interview w/ four of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE0_OzzK2cM

And look once again Pinkun with the great journalism skills has taken your link read it and used it as one of the headlines today. http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED17%20Aug%202010%2010%3A36%3A19%3A880

This is really annoying!How can ''Paddy Davitt'' even have the front to pass that article off as his own.Typical, lazy p1ss poor ''journalism'' from Archant.....[:@]

Does he try to pass it off as his own? No. He mentions the source of the information, and surprisingly enough not all Norwich fans read these message boards so wouldn''t have known about the interview otherwise.

The way journalism usually works is on agency or outlet do a story and others take quotes or pieces from it, otherwise Lambert would have to do an interview with every newspaper after every game.

The BBC recycle stories from the Pink''Un and the Official site and everyone takes stories from Reuters. Get over it, this is how it works and certainly isn''t lazy etc.

I''d be there in a shot if we played a friendly at the Westfalenstadion. Has the largest standing area in European football - 25,000 fans behind the goal. Awesome.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]I''d be there in a shot if we played a friendly at the Westfalenstadion. Has the largest standing area in European football - 25,000 fans behind the goal. Awesome.
[/quote]

A City season ticket who sits in front of me regularly goes to see Dortmund as his brother lives there (I think).  Has nothing but good to say about the place - and they play in yellow (and black).

It would be great to welcome you here in Dortmund. It''s an amazing ground. As I wrote earlier we have quite a few people coming over on a regular basis. If you need advise coming over, you''ll find a contact underneath the inital interview on schwatzgelb.com. I''d also love to travel up to Carrow Road one day. And in Paddy Davitt''s defense: He did not only ask for permission to use parts of the interview, he also stated the source. That''s not really a problem then, is it?

[quote]The way journalism usually works is on agency or outlet do a story and

others take quotes or pieces from it, otherwise Lambert would have to do

an interview with every newspaper after every game.[/quote]...this way every journo is in the pub by half past five, which keeps the economy ticking over.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The way journalism usually works is on agency or outlet do a story and others take quotes or pieces from it, otherwise Lambert would have to do an interview with every newspaper after every game.[/quote]

...this way every journo is in the pub by half past five, which keeps the economy ticking over.
[/quote]

Haha, I wish I was in the pub by half past five. Have spent far to many a night sleeping under my desk or working until 1am deadlines. But believe what you like I guess.

[quote]Haha, I wish I was in the pub by half past five. Have spent far to many a

night sleeping off the beer under my desk or working until 1am deadlines after beer o clock post-match. But

believe what you like I guess.[/quote]Apologies Bethnal, the career alcoholic line is just too romantic a notion for journos to be false, surely ?  Or maybe it''s just the nationals ?  [:)]  Actually, I got a lift to the play-off final 2002 in a journos'' jag after getting stuck at a train station in Bristol, he seemed like a nice bloke, hated the blues, said nice things about our lot, and no jitters on the steering wheel, so maybe you''re right after all !

Dortmund have the 2nd/3rd largest average attendance in Europe I Beleive, beaten only by Barca & Real i think.

[quote user="morty"]Looks like the club weren''t best pleased with the way teh article was delivered.http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2125771,00.html[/quote]That''s dreadful, especially considering the club works closely with the paper. In the defence of the author of the article, I''m guessing it''s edited to generate "Mischief" as Lambert calls it. Still poor of them though, especially considering a guy from Archant is on the board!

I''d be there for a Canaries game in Germany. As I understand it, everyone in Germany hates Bayern just like everyone here hates Man U. I''ve followed Leverkusen''s fortunes for some years now since having gone out with someone who followed them. I think that they dumped Man U out of the Champions League a few years ago! With the prices of Prem. matches as they are it may be cheaper to go to Germany to watch the odd game.

That`s a bit naughty of Archant, causing a little bit of mischief. It won`t do the reporter any favours if he pitches up at Colney looking for interviews. I`m sure McNasty will have taken notes and words will be had, then said reporter will be doing the classifieds next week.

[quote user="Bowgy"]Why do you always put a angry face at the start of your threads?[/quote]Wouldn''t you be angry if you lived in Lowestoft?