Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Is Holt a legend yet?

Against Gillingham tuesday I noticed the club shop has a sign above it showing various club legends like Roberts, Hucks, etc. and slap bang in the middle is our current talisman Holt. Don''t get me wrong I can see Holt becoming a club legend but isn''t this a bit premature considering it was put up after he scored 30 goals (a very respectable amount) in the third tier. I feel that if he carries on this season from the way he has started then then, to me, he is a legend or am I being overly critical? Thoughts?

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

Against Gillingham tuesday I noticed the club shop has a sign above it showing various club legends like Roberts, Hucks, etc. and slap bang in the middle is our current talisman Holt. Don''t get me wrong I can see Holt becoming a club legend but isn''t this a bit premature considering it was put up after he scored 30 goals (a very respectable amount) in the third tier. I feel that if he carries on this season from the way he has started then then, to me, he is a legend or am I being overly critical? Thoughts?

[/quote]na i do agree he isnt a legend he scored 30 goals last season yeah ok an alright achievement but cant become a legend after a season does again this season then yeah he will same if Lambert gets us promoted again

[quote user="NCFC-47"]na i do agree he isnt a legend he scored 30 goals last season yeah ok an alright achievement but cant become a legend after a season does again this season then yeah he will same if Lambert gets us promoted again
[/quote]Yeah but na but yeah but...............

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="NCFC-47"]na i do agree he isnt a legend he scored 30 goals last season yeah ok an alright achievement but cant become a legend after a season does again this season then yeah he will same if Lambert gets us promoted again
[/quote]Yeah but na but yeah but...............[/quote]

Hello Pollard [:)]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[/quote]na i do agree he isnt a legend he scored 30 goals last season yeah ok an alright achievement but cant become a legend after a season does again this season then yeah he will same if Lambert gets us promoted again[/quote][img]http://www.buddytv.com/articles/Curb-Your-Enthusiasm/images/larry-david-3.jpg[/img]

[quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[/quote]

na i do agree he isnt a legend he scored 30 goals last season yeah ok an alright achievement but cant become a legend after a season does again this season then yeah he will same if Lambert gets us promoted again
[/quote]

[img]http://www.buddytv.com/articles/Curb-Your-Enthusiasm/images/larry-david-3.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[:S] Explain ??

Now I''m going to explain this as simply as I can:

NCFC-47 YOU DON''T MAKE SENSE! TALK IN ENGLISH!

Davo

Most certainly overly critical i''m afraid. It''s honestly astounding how easily fans on this board get so wound up over frivolous matters concerning football that in the grand scheme of things mean not but a jot in the real world.For the sake of argument the sign doesn''t ''specifically'' state the players apparent in the image are legends, it''s all implied.I personally interpret the picture as one displaying the legends of the past (i.e. reason for being in the background), whilst Holt is one coming to the fore in the now. The image is simply building up the hype, and whilst a minority of fans might make complaint''s akin'' to your own, the vast majority either couldn''t care less because they''re aware of just how meaningless it is, or they embrace it on a wave of optimism. Nout'' wrong with that (other than getting our hopes up perhaps, being Norwich City n''all).However, even if i''m wrong in my interpretation, it''s certainly nothing worth getting into a little hissy fit about.

[quote user="John"]Most certainly overly critical i''m afraid. It''s honestly astounding how easily fans on this board get so wound up over frivolous matters concerning football that in the grand scheme of things mean not but a jot in the real world.

For the sake of argument the sign doesn''t ''specifically'' state the players apparent in the image are legends, it''s all implied.

I personally interpret the picture as one displaying the legends of the past (i.e. reason for being in the background), whilst Holt is one coming to the fore in the now. The image is simply building up the hype, and whilst a minority of fans might make complaint''s akin'' to your own, the vast majority either couldn''t care less because they''re aware of just how meaningless it is, or they embrace it on a wave of optimism. Nout'' wrong with that (other than getting our hopes up perhaps, being Norwich City n''all).

However, even if i''m wrong in my interpretation, it''s certainly nothing worth getting into a little hissy fit about.
[/quote]

Don''t worry  mate I wasn''t tearing my hair out thinking about this, it was crtainly never a complaint and I only mentioned this to spark up a debate as the board was quiet, jesus[8-)].

What about drury as a legend he has been a rock for 8/9 years at this club but gets no notice! The doc was the same!! Hoolahan must have provided a high percentage of hoots goals and was brilliant the season before and he doesn''t get near legend stratus either

[quote user="I am a Banana"]So how come hux became a ''legend'' after just his loan spell?!?![/quote]

He didn''t he became a legend after his years here...

I think it is as much his commitment, never say die attitude and the fact he was captain for our League One title campaign as anything else.

He scored 30 goals, which was great, but I would say it is his presence and the way he has settled in to the club which is making him a legend.

WE f*king love Grant Holt!

Clearly he didn''t Morty mate, nobody going to Carrow Road then could possibly be of Nana''s opinion on Huckerby.

I think there is a long way to go before he attains legend status. I think you have to prove you are worthy of that title by showing a commitment and passion for the club over several seasons.

He does have hero status though because he is the type of player the fans love, he is not a show pony in any way, he is a proper old fashioned footballer. I like that about him, he is the anti-Cashley! It strikes me that he is the kind of guy that appreciates how lucky he is to have the adulation of 25,000 fans chanting his name. Added to that, he seems committed to City and doesn''t see us as a stepping stone, I think legend status could be his someday.

[quote user="John"]Most certainly overly critical i''m afraid. It''s honestly astounding how easily fans on this board get so wound up over frivolous matters concerning football that in the grand scheme of things mean not but a jot in the real world.For the sake of argument the sign doesn''t ''specifically'' state the players apparent in the image are legends, it''s all implied.I personally interpret the picture as one displaying the legends of the past (i.e. reason for being in the background), whilst Holt is one coming to the fore in the now. The image is simply building up the hype, and whilst a minority of fans might make complaint''s akin'' to your own, the vast majority either couldn''t care less because they''re aware of just how meaningless it is, or they embrace it on a wave of optimism. Nout'' wrong with that (other than getting our hopes up perhaps, being Norwich City n''all).However, even if i''m wrong in my interpretation, it''s certainly nothing worth getting into a little hissy fit about.[/quote]It seems from this reply that you''re the most wound up