Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Fry and Smith A' Listers?

I really do like and admire Stephen Fry, his intellect and humour are outstanding and quite unique. I''ve actually met him and spoke to him personally (lucky me)......I also hope that Stephen Fry can attract investment to Norwich.....If unfortunately, Stephen is unable to attract future investment to Norwich? My opinion will not alter. I''ll still like and admire Stephen Fry - (even though he was unable to attract future investment to Norwich).

Will raising the profile of Norwich, actually really make us more of a successful club?

Only time will tell......

.....and not forgetting, that small matter of reducing a ''manageable'' £20+ million pound, millstone around our neck.....debt.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="First Wizard"]

So says that respected rag the EDP.

Don''t make me laugh.

Johnny Depp, Renee Zellweger, Tom Cruise and Sandra Bullock are A'' list celebrities.

Our prize pair, might, just might, at a push scrape a Z in celebrity circles.

Get real Archant and knock off sucking up to our two Z'' listers!

[/quote]So... Wiz makes a perfectly valid point about Stephen Fry and you''re down on him like a ton of bricks........Maybe it says it all that our ''Z'' list supporters are too easily pleased with whatever the ''Saviour'' dishes up.... be it on the pitch or in the Boardroom. The fact is that Fry is NOT suitable material to have any say in the workings of a serious football and should stick to his inane tv quiz shows made up of his luvvie ''Z'' list guests.Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a farce too far is clearly rather more impressed by celebrity than the game of football.... which is what NCFC used to be all about.[/quote]The previous incarnation of Cluck was mainly bothered by Smith only because she was a woman from Stowmarket - post after post droning on about how the club was being feminised by an "outsider"...  I challenge Cluck to find a better representative of Norfolk man than Stephen Fry.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

Johnny Depp, Renee Zellweger, Tom Cruise and Sandra Bullock are A'' list celebrities.

[/quote]

So... Wiz makes a perfectly valid point about Stephen Fry and you''re down on him like a ton of bricks........

Maybe it says it all that our ''Z'' list supporters are too easily pleased with whatever the ''Saviour'' dishes up.... be it on the pitch or in the Boardroom. The fact is that Fry is NOT suitable material to have any say in the workings of a serious football and should stick to his inane tv quiz shows made up of his luvvie ''Z'' list guests.

Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a farce too far is clearly rather more impressed by celebrity than the game of football.... which is what NCFC used to be all about.
[/quote]

The previous incarnation of Cluck was mainly bothered by Smith only because she was a woman from Stowmarket - post after post droning on about how the club was being feminised by an "outsider"...  I challenge Cluck to find a better representative of Norfolk man than Stephen Fry.
[/quote]

Oh come on Blah be serious![:D]

Bipolar and homosexual. (nothing against either quickly said) BUT a better representative of Norfolk Man.

"B" or "C" list, I''d say.There can''t be many more famous Norwich City fans.  I mean, you could ask Bob Dylan, Cameron Diaz, Paris Hilton to raise money for NCFC but they''d probably just give you a funny look.  And anyway, who cares?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]So... Wiz makes a perfectly valid point about Stephen Fry and you''re down on him like a ton of bricks........Maybe it says it all that our ''Z'' list supporters are too easily pleased with whatever the ''Saviour'' dishes up.... be it on the pitch or in the Boardroom. The fact is that Fry is NOT suitable material to have any say in the workings of a serious football and should stick to his inane tv quiz shows made up of his luvvie ''Z'' list guests.Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a farce too far is clearly rather more impressed by celebrity than the game of football.... which is what NCFC used to be all about.[/quote]The previous incarnation of Cluck was mainly bothered by Smith only because she was a woman from Stowmarket - post after post droning on about how the club was being feminised by an "outsider"...  I challenge Cluck to find a better representative of Norfolk man than Stephen Fry.[/quote]How about Horatio Nelson for starters?I think this piffle says so much about you as a person.  You clearly have no grip as to what the club really needs in order to shrug off it''s sissy boy transvestite image. I''m beginning to wonder if you infact wear a dress yourself.

jonny deep owns a house in north suffolk and is a regular in the ivy house at Stradbroke next time i see him ill ask him if he would like to get involved with his local club (cracking wife)french singer

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]jonny deep owns a house in north suffolk and is a regular in the ivy house at Stradbroke next time i see him ill ask him if he would like to get involved with his local club (cracking wife)french singer[/quote]

Then hopefully, Mr Depp and Vanessa - can then be our ''Pirates of the Carrow Being''.....

Ok Cluck how about finding a representitive of Norfolk that follows these two following rules:

a) If famous

b) Is still alive.

Go on I challenge you.

Davo

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]So... Wiz makes a perfectly valid point about Stephen Fry and you''re down on him like a ton of bricks........Maybe it says it all that our ''Z'' list supporters are too easily pleased with whatever the ''Saviour'' dishes up.... be it on the pitch or in the Boardroom. The fact is that Fry is NOT suitable material to have any say in the workings of a serious football and should stick to his inane tv quiz shows made up of his luvvie ''Z'' list guests.Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a farce too far is clearly rather more impressed by celebrity than the game of football.... which is what NCFC used to be all about.[/quote]The previous incarnation of Cluck was mainly bothered by Smith only because she was a woman from Stowmarket - post after post droning on about how the club was being feminised by an "outsider"...  I challenge Cluck to find a better representative of Norfolk man than Stephen Fry.[/quote]How about Horatio Nelson for starters?[/quote]Yeah. He''s a bit dead though. I think the poster may have been after somebody living.

[quote user="Davo"]Ok Cluck how about finding a representitive of Norfolk that follows these two following rules:

a) If famous

b) Is still alive.

Go on I challenge you.

Davo[/quote]If by ''famous'' you mean a clumsy fop who given the right connections/luvvie celebrity clique/sexuality/university etc. to have made a name in the media... Personally I would put Princess Diana somewhat ahead of him (couldn''t stand her either), but if he/she has to be living I would suggest James Dyson has contributed rather more to the country and would be a serious person to have involved with the club. Bernard Matthews is automatically associated with Norfolk nationally and would be ''local''....Couldn''t see Dyson throwing in his lot with Smith though somehow. He is a real heavyweight when it comes to business innovation and Smith''s ego wouldn''t allow him to share the stage she currently commands.Nothing against Stephen Fry as a performer... but as an ambassador for the club?.... farcical..

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]According to Google Fry is currently more popular than Kate, Ian, and Richard. He''s way behind Johnny and Tom, but on a par with Zellweger. So an A-list UK celebrity and maybe a C-list global celebrity?

[/quote]That seems reasonable to me. Given he''s ahead of Kate, Ian, Richard and on a par with Zellweger i''d personally say B-list on a global scale, given how i percieve the fame of those 4 to be. But frankly, to assume he''s anything lower than C-list is riduculous, and shows a blatant disregard to the circles he''s widely acknowledged in in favour of what the average pre-pubescent girl has postered over her walls (as if thats the only way to gauge what and who is famous... Very vain Wiz, very vain indeed).As far as the most famous fan, it''s a department we could very well win in, and if we don''t the glamour of our fanbase is amongst the top 3 or 4 in the country i should reckon, with very few that can boast a list of the likes of :Jonny Wilkinson - rugby playerHRH Prince AndrewCarol Barnes - TV news presenterMartin Bell - TV news reporter turned politicianCharlie Catchpole - TV critic in the Daily ExpressCathy Dennis - singerSophie Ellis-Bextor - singer (The Audience, Spiller/Groovejet, solo)Sir David Frost - TV presenterStephen Fry - comedian, author, actorMyleene Klass - member of Hear''SayDelia Smith - TV cook, authorHannah Spearitt - member of S Club 7Sarah Thomas - supermodelSimon Thomas - former Blue Peter presenter, now on Sky Sports NewsSusan Tully - actress (EastEnders, Grange Hill, etc.)The Darkness - rock bandHugh Jackman - actorJon Thaxton - boxerJake Humphrey - TV presenterSteve Thompson - rugby playerMick Dennis - sports writer and broadcasterThat i can think of.However the way "A-list" celebrity is being thrown about on a message board for a second division English football club, you''d almost assume it was common place for Hollywood to get involved, where in reality that is o'' so very far from the truth. Only a select few can boast such famous fans that have as much as been rumoured, let alone stated their allegience to a football club, and no club has ever boasted that kind of famous backer.But i don''t see any harm in revelling in the glamour of our fanbase, and even by First Wiz''s standards i should think Hugh Jackman ranks among the "A-list" elitist group he''s been ranting on about, almost as if it was the be all end all. Although you could percieve Jackman as a loose association in comparison to the avid football fans on these boards (that more than likely make up a minority pool in the grand scheme of our fanbase anyway), few, if any Hollywood stars have tied their flag as firmly to the mast as Hugh Jackman has with Norwich City. As much as posters on this board belittled his knowledge of the club (which was laughably typical of this contingent) Jackman having got our 1985 Milk Cup victories date wrong by a ''whole'' year, he did clearly have at the very least a vague idea of our distant history, and was (in my mind quite surprisingly at the time in his interview) aware of both who and what the name of our rivals were, and knew the name of our stadium whilst reminscing about the Old Farm Derby.The only other big A-list star''s that have voiced allegiences to English football clubs that i can think of are Sylvester Stallone to Everton, and Tom Hanks to Aston Villa (and that only came about because he thought it sounded like "some sort of old Roman suburb"). And those are big clubs that they have each individually shown little or no knowledge of anyway. Usain Bolt is said to be a massive Manchester United fan, yet ask him about the Munich crash and i''d be shocked if his response was anything other than utter bemusement. And true, these guys (Stallone and Hanks) have a big history in Hollywood, but in the current climate Jackman is one if not the most saught after talents in the acting world, and at his greatest heights has arguably been the biggest star on earth at the breif times when the spotlight has fallen on him.We have a proud fanbase, not only in loyalty and number, but also in glamour. Don''t be bitter about it, because i can sure as hell assure you we''d the only mass of fans in the country seemingly foolish enough to acknowledge it with bitterness rather than embrace it.And if your deflated by the ''lack'' of glamour in our fanbase (re Wiz and the likes) get real. Football is only so big, and where the ''A-lists'' are it''s hardly an ''A-list'' sport itself anyways.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]So... Wiz makes a perfectly valid point about Stephen Fry and you''re down on him like a ton of bricks........Maybe it says it all that our ''Z'' list supporters are too easily pleased with whatever the ''Saviour'' dishes up.... be it on the pitch or in the Boardroom. The fact is that Fry is NOT suitable material to have any say in the workings of a serious football and should stick to his inane tv quiz shows made up of his luvvie ''Z'' list guests.Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a farce too far is clearly rather more impressed by celebrity than the game of football.... which is what NCFC used to be all about.[/quote]The previous incarnation of Cluck was mainly bothered by Smith only because she was a woman from Stowmarket - post after post droning on about how the club was being feminised by an "outsider"...  I challenge Cluck to find a better representative of Norfolk man than Stephen Fry.[/quote]How about Horatio Nelson for starters?[/quote]Yeah. He''s a bit dead though. I think the poster may have been after somebody living.[/quote]Death doesn''t diminish a person''s worth... as Geoffrey Watling lives on as the true ''saviour'' of Norwich City....

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]So... Wiz makes a perfectly valid point about Stephen Fry and you''re down on him like a ton of bricks........Maybe it says it all that our ''Z'' list supporters are too easily pleased with whatever the ''Saviour'' dishes up.... be it on the pitch or in the Boardroom. The fact is that Fry is NOT suitable material to have any say in the workings of a serious football and should stick to his inane tv quiz shows made up of his luvvie ''Z'' list guests.Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a farce too far is clearly rather more impressed by celebrity than the game of football.... which is what NCFC used to be all about.[/quote]The previous incarnation of Cluck was mainly bothered by Smith only because she was a woman from Stowmarket - post after post droning on about how the club was being feminised by an "outsider"...  I challenge Cluck to find a better representative of Norfolk man than Stephen Fry.[/quote]How about Horatio Nelson for starters?[/quote]Yeah. He''s a bit dead though. I think the poster may have been after somebody living.[/quote]Death doesn''t diminish a person''s worth... as Geoffrey Watling lives on as the true ''saviour'' of Norwich City.... [/quote]You''re right. Delia should have called Watling and Nelson in for an interview. Idiots.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]So... Wiz makes a perfectly valid point about Stephen Fry and you''re down on him like a ton of bricks........Maybe it says it all that our ''Z'' list supporters are too easily pleased with whatever the ''Saviour'' dishes up.... be it on the pitch or in the Boardroom. The fact is that Fry is NOT suitable material to have any say in the workings of a serious football and should stick to his inane tv quiz shows made up of his luvvie ''Z'' list guests.Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a farce too far is clearly rather more impressed by celebrity than the game of football.... which is what NCFC used to be all about.[/quote]The previous incarnation of Cluck was mainly bothered by Smith only because she was a woman from Stowmarket - post after post droning on about how the club was being feminised by an "outsider"...  I challenge Cluck to find a better representative of Norfolk man than Stephen Fry.[/quote]How about Horatio Nelson for starters?[/quote]Yeah. He''s a bit dead though. I think the poster may have been after somebody living.[/quote]Death doesn''t diminish a person''s worth... as Geoffrey Watling lives on as the true ''saviour'' of Norwich City.... [/quote]You''re right. Delia should have called Watling and Nelson in for an interview. Idiots.[/quote]I''m growing to like you...... in a non-Fryesque kind of way you understand  [:)]

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]So... Wiz makes a perfectly valid point about Stephen Fry and you''re down on him like a ton of bricks........Maybe it says it all that our ''Z'' list supporters are too easily pleased with whatever the ''Saviour'' dishes up.... be it on the pitch or in the Boardroom. The fact is that Fry is NOT suitable material to have any say in the workings of a serious football and should stick to his inane tv quiz shows made up of his luvvie ''Z'' list guests.Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a farce too far is clearly rather more impressed by celebrity than the game of football.... which is what NCFC used to be all about.[/quote]The previous incarnation of Cluck was mainly bothered by Smith only because she was a woman from Stowmarket - post after post droning on about how the club was being feminised by an "outsider"...  I challenge Cluck to find a better representative of Norfolk man than Stephen Fry.[/quote]How about Horatio Nelson for starters?[/quote]Yeah. He''s a bit dead though. I think the poster may have been after somebody living.[/quote]Death doesn''t diminish a person''s worth... as Geoffrey Watling lives on as the true ''saviour'' of Norwich City.... [/quote]You''re right. Delia should have called Watling and Nelson in for an interview. Idiots.[/quote]I''m growing to like you...... in a non-Fryesque kind of way you understand  [:)][/quote]That''s my dreams dashed then. [;)]

Not in terms of fame or worth, no. But the point was someone famous/worthy of joining the board, and unfortunately that not possible for Watling.

Missing the point twice in one thread huh? Money can''t buy you everything.

With famous fans you get what you get, and as much as this board seems so willing to provide a critique analysis on each fan we have in the spotlight, truth be told we got pretty damn good considering how our heritage weighs up against other football clubs.

Dyson prefers art apparently, although he is loaded. So that leaves you with Horatio Nelson then...

Fry had to stop recommending websites he liked on his twitter page, because the demand his recommendation created would crash them.

Many many more people will hear of this club as a result of Frys'' appointment. But you know all this. So I don''t know why I''m wasting my time.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Dyson prefers art apparently, although he is loaded. So that leaves you with Horatio Nelson then...

Fry had to stop recommending websites he liked on his twitter page, because the demand his recommendation created would crash them.

Many many more people will hear of this club as a result of Frys'' appointment. But you know all this. So I don''t know why I''m wasting my time.[/quote]You should be aware by now that I am richer than anyone else on here.... and I know everything.If you consider Fry''s ''twittering'' to be a ''help'' to the club.... might I suggest that this may attract even more non local people to ''spectate'' at Carrow Road.... thus pushing out the dwindling number of ''real people'' out.I see his interference as a further dilution of the manly game of football in favour of some new form of  la de da theatre.......

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Dyson prefers art apparently, although he is loaded. So that leaves you with Horatio Nelson then... Fry had to stop recommending websites he liked on his twitter page, because the demand his recommendation created would crash them. Many many more people will hear of this club as a result of Frys'' appointment. But you know all this. So I don''t know why I''m wasting my time.[/quote]

You should be aware by now that I am richer than anyone else on here.... and I know everything.

[/quote]

You really do need help, get some therapy.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Dyson prefers art apparently, although he is loaded. So that leaves you with Horatio Nelson then... Fry had to stop recommending websites he liked on his twitter page, because the demand his recommendation created would crash them. Many many more people will hear of this club as a result of Frys'' appointment. But you know all this. So I don''t know why I''m wasting my time.[/quote]You should be aware by now that I am richer than anyone else on here.... and I know everything.

[/quote]

[/quote]I am infact a qualified therapist... specialising in relationship issues.Be grateful to have me.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Dyson prefers art apparently, although he is loaded. So that leaves you with Horatio Nelson then... Fry had to stop recommending websites he liked on his twitter page, because the demand his recommendation created would crash them. Many many more people will hear of this club as a result of Frys'' appointment. But you know all this. So I don''t know why I''m wasting my time.[/quote]

You should be aware by now that I am richer than anyone else on here.... and I know everything.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am infact a qualified therapist... specialising in relationship issues.

Be grateful to have me.

[/quote]

I am - You are great entertainment on here !!!

[quote user="Cluck"]I am infact a qualified therapist[/quote]I like to think of you as a cross between an analyst and a therapist.An analrapist if you will.[:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluck"]I am infact a qualified therapist[/quote]I like to think of you as a cross between an analyst and a therapist.An analrapist if you will.[:D][/quote]Being as you lot talk out of your arses there could well be a future in it....... Baggy being the man though.

ABC or D list isn''t I guess the real issue at all here is it? It''s investment, the old queen bee will never sell the club in her lifetime (I''ve come to accept that horrible truth) so she''s saying Fry''s contacts will give us charity effectively.

I seriously doubt any truth of it myself, its just appears to be a PR stunt by both of them imo, and the club, whilst screaming out for cash, won''t see a penny raised via Fry''s well meaning antics.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

ABC or D list isn''t I guess the real issue at all here is it? It''s investment, the old queen bee will never sell the club in her lifetime (I''ve come to accept that horrible truth) so she''s saying Fry''s contacts will give us charity effectively.

I seriously doubt any truth of it myself, its just appears to be a PR stunt by both of them imo, and the club, whilst screaming out for cash, won''t see a penny raised via Fry''s well meaning antics.

[/quote]As clear a statement of fact as you will ever read on here...... Fry fits perfectly into Delia''s little jigsaw puzzle. Ed Balls would be there also but for the fact that he is a total tw@t. She has... and continues to turn our once proud club into a laughing stock.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

As clear a statement of fact as you will ever read on here...... Fry fits perfectly into Delia''s little jigsaw puzzle. Ed Balls would be there also but for the fact that he is a total tw@t.

She has... and continues to turn our once proud club into a laughing stock.
[/quote]

From a cook a total Fry up then Cluck.