Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Fry and Smith A' Listers?

So says that respected rag the EDP.

Don''t make me laugh.

Johnny Depp, Renee Zellweger, Tom Cruise and Sandra Bullock are A'' list celebrities.

Our prize pair, might, just might, at a push scrape a Z in celebrity circles.

Get real Archant and knock off sucking up to our two Z'' listers!

First Wizard: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Must admit the ''A list'' comment by Archant did give me a chuckle.
[/quote]It ruined my breakest mate, I may cancel my papers overs this, that''ll teach em''.[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]Must admit the ''A list'' comment by Archant did give me a chuckle.[/quote]It ruined my breakest mate, I may cancel my papers overs this, that''ll teach em''.[;)][/quote]I get where you''re coming from.  One minute the EDP wants to the serious news of this region.  Next it''s dropping in complete tripe in its reports.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

Johnny Depp, Renee Zellweger, Tom Cruise and Sandra Bullock are A'' list celebrities.

[/quote]no, they are American actors / actresses. However, here in the United kingdom, Stephen Fry is one our best known comedians, tv host, author and general entertainers. I know who i''d rather share a pint with!

Not wanting to ruin your breakest again but I would consider Stephen Fry to be a British ''A'' lister....and more than that, much more than Sandra Bullock and the rest....a respected ''A'' lister.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Must admit the ''A list'' comment by Archant did give me a chuckle.
[/quote]It ruined my breakest mate, I may cancel my papers overs this, that''ll teach em''.[;)][/quote]

I get where you''re coming from.  One minute the EDP wants to the serious news of this region.  Next it''s dropping in complete tripe in its reports.
[/quote]And I''ve aways maintained that the club now has the EDP firmly in its pockets since ''whatisname'' from Archantgot strangely voted on to the board.

Freedom off the press? my arse!

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]no, they are American actors / actresses. However, here in the United kingdom, Stephen Fry is one our best known comedians, tv host, author and general entertainers. I know who i''d rather share a pint with![/quote]Derrrr, that''s why it''s a stupid phrase to use.  ''A List'' is a Hollywood term.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Not wanting to ruin your breakest again but I would consider Stephen Fry to be a British ''A'' lister....and more than that, much more than Sandra Bullock and the rest....a respected ''A'' lister.[/quote]Then you  know sweet fanny adams about celebrity ratings on a global stage.

Sir Ian McKellen, Dicky Attenbourgh and Kate Winslet are the A'' listers from these shores.

Stephen Fry is known globally.  He is one of the most respected comedians in the UK etc etc, Delia is a legend in the media.  Between them we have one of the best known boards in the country, which is no bad thing when mixed with the obvious accumen of McNally and Bowkett.Stop being such a prat.  Fry is Norfolk born and bred and will help to raise the profile of the club. 

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]no, they are American actors / actresses. However, here in the United kingdom, Stephen Fry is one our best known comedians, tv host, author and general entertainers. I know who i''d rather share a pint with![/quote]Derrrr, that''s why it''s a stupid phrase to use.  ''A List'' is a Hollywood term.[/quote]I think in general A-list refers to a generic list of celebrities and

their respective fame. In UK terms neither Delia or Fry are exactly

z-listers are they? after all Delia has an "effect" named after her and

Fry is know to be a "national treasure" ! z-list refers to cretins off

big brother and the like.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]

no, they are American actors / actresses. However, here in the United kingdom, Stephen Fry is one our best known comedians, tv host, author and general entertainers. I know who i''d rather share a pint with!
[/quote]Err?

There are many, many more ahead of him in the ratings Marty, and Delia isn''t even on the lists ffs.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Not wanting to ruin your breakest again but I would consider Stephen Fry to be a British ''A'' lister....and more than that, much more than Sandra Bullock and the rest....a respected ''A'' lister.[/quote]Then you  know sweet fanny adams about celebrity ratings on a global stage.

Sir Ian McKellen, Dicky Attenbourgh and Kate Winslet are the A'' listers from these shores.

[/quote]we live in Britain, so we''re not talking glabol as in "heard in the USA" are we? You can keep your A-list actors, i''d rather have a pint with Michael Palin than Tom "religious cult" Cruise any day.Both Fry and Smith and very very well know and respected in their respective fields.

I agree that it is a clumsy term but Wiz, you are so off target that it is laughable.

Since you obviously don''t read your own threads, I will repeat whta i said on your last anti Fry thread.

In the Uk, there is no one who would not take a call from Stephen Fry.  Just because you think he is some gay bloke who has been a comedian and now hosts some quiz show that you don''t really get doesn''t mean that he is not in the real world one of the most admired, well connected and influential people in society.   He can access anyone he wants for the club and if there is some person who won''t take his call such as a very wealthy arab royal, head of state or far eastern industrialist then he can ask his friend Prince Charles (you know, the bloke with the big ears who talks to plants, married that strange looking woman and is going to be king one day.  Yes, that''s the one!) to introduce him.  

I am not aware of such a poll but it would surprise me if Fry was not top of the list for the most desirable directors for any business.  He can open more doors than any other non royal I can think off including Alan Sugar and Richard Branson.  He is highly admired and well recognised in the US.

What the hell more do you want for our club??   Barack Obama as Chairman???

[quote user="ref89"]Stephen Fry is known globally.  He is one of the most respected comedians in the UK etc etc, Delia is a legend in the media.  Between them we have one of the best known boards in the country, which is no bad thing when mixed with the obvious accumen of McNally and Bowkett.

Stop being such a prat.  Fry is Norfolk born and bred and will help to raise the profile of the club. 
[/quote]Stop being gullible and brainwashed.

Ratings count for what exactly? You ask someone to name a famous tv chef and see how many say Delia, whether or not you want to believe it. She taught me to cook eggs!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ref89"]Stephen Fry is known globally.  He is one of the most respected comedians in the UK etc etc, Delia is a legend in the media.  Between them we have one of the best known boards in the country, which is no bad thing when mixed with the obvious accumen of McNally and Bowkett.

Stop being such a prat.  Fry is Norfolk born and bred and will help to raise the profile of the club. 
[/quote]Stop being gullible and brainwashed.[/quote]

Now youn are just showing your ignorance.  Please stop before you really embarrass yourself

who do we expect to join the board next? David Beckham, Tiger Woods, the Dali Lama? then the wizard might be happy.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Stephen Fry does open doors. Generally, they are back doors but he opens them all the same.[/quote]

Beneath contempt.  I would expect much more from someone of your intelligence

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ref89"]Stephen Fry is known globally.  He is one of the most respected comedians in the UK etc etc, Delia is a legend in the media.  Between them we have one of the best known boards in the country, which is no bad thing when mixed with the obvious accumen of McNally and Bowkett.Stop being such a prat.  Fry is Norfolk born and bred and will help to raise the profile of the club.  [/quote]Stop being gullible and brainwashed.[/quote]Stop being obtuse and deliberately bitter. Stephen Fry is globally known and, in this country, as famous as they come. Delia may not be your cup of tea but she is also a big name. She may be no A lister but Fry most certainly is.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I agree that it is a clumsy term but Wiz, you are so off target that it is laughable.

Since you obviously don''t read your own threads, I will repeat whta i said on your last anti Fry thread.

In the Uk, there is no one who would not take a call from Stephen Fry.  Just because you think he is some gay bloke who has been a comedian and now hosts some quiz show that you don''t really get doesn''t mean that he is not in the real world one of the most admired, well connected and influential people in society.   He can access anyone he wants for the club and if there is some person who won''t take his call such as a very wealthy arab royal, head of state or far eastern industrialist then he can ask his friend Prince Charles (you know, the bloke with the big ears who talks to plants, married that strange looking woman and is going to be king one day.  Yes, that''s the one!) to introduce him.  

I am not aware of such a poll but it would surprise me if Fry was not top of the list for the most desirable directors for any business.  He can open more doors than any other non royal I can think off including Alan Sugar and Richard Branson.  He is highly admired and well recognised in the US.

[/quote]Jeez ther''s no help for you is there?

We will be discussing this next year, and still there''ll be no investment.

But the day will dawn on you sometime, then its going to make you very unhappy.

In all fairness to the author of the actual article, I''d guess that the editors added the A-list comment. This is usually the case in the newspaper reports and whatnot.Even so, who gives a rats backside?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]Jeez ther''s no help for you is there?

We will be discussing this next year, and still there''ll be no investment.

But the day will dawn on you sometime, then its going to make you very unhappy.

[/quote]

Sorry but exactly how does the question of whether or not there will be any investment reply to anything I have said.  You keep saying Fry is a nobody.  You are wrong so very, very wrong.

Whether his appointment will see any return is an entirely different question.

The fact remains that Fry either directly or through his contacts is able to get this club places that other clubs can only dream of.  What do you think Manchester United or Arsenal would give for an internationally known celebrity who is also close to the royal family?

Stephen Fry is definately an A list celebrity. He is one of the most well known people from the tele in this country, and is huge in the U.S. I have a good feeling about this appointment. Did you see his Anglia TV interview where he said he may not have the £23m to get us out of debt, but he knows people who do. Delia is one of the best known chefs in the country, and has put alot of investment into the club, But people overlook this as nowadays the only investment acceptable for some people is the kind of investment Man City and Chelsea have had but many sides would love to have Delia at the helm. Some people are never happy.