Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Will we sign anyone else???

I would be happy to go with what we''ve got for now, and save some moolah for the January sales.(Also I bet my actual eyeballs that someone says in this thread that we need cover at right back)

[quote user="morty"]I would be happy to go with what we''ve got for now, and save some moolah for the January sales.(Also I bet my actual eyeballs that someone says in this thread that we need cover at right back)[/quote]We need cover at right back.

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="morty"]I would be happy to go with what we''ve got for now, and save some moolah for the January sales.(Also I bet my actual eyeballs that someone says in this thread that we need cover at right back)[/quote]We need cover at right back.[/quote]Ta.[Y]

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="morty"]I would be happy to go with what we''ve got for now, and save some moolah for the January sales.(Also I bet my actual eyeballs that someone says in this thread that we need cover at right back)[/quote]We need cover at right back.[/quote]I''d stick with Francomb as cover, also if R.Martin were to pick up an injury we could always bring in somebody on loan outside of the transfer window. Don''t see the need to pay another senior player to sit around.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="morty"]I would be happy to go with what we''ve got for now, and save some moolah for the January sales.(Also I bet my actual eyeballs that someone says in this thread that we need cover at right back)[/quote]We need cover at right back.[/quote]Ta.[Y][/quote]Couldn''t have you losing your eyeballs mate. You wouldn''t be able to read Wiz''s threads otherwise.

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="morty"]I would be happy to go with what we''ve got for now, and save some moolah for the January sales.(Also I bet my actual eyeballs that someone says in this thread that we need cover at right back)[/quote]We need cover at right back.[/quote]Ta.[Y][/quote]Couldn''t have you losing your eyeballs mate. You wouldn''t be able to read Wiz''s threads otherwise.[/quote]Wow, I really must give more careful consideration to my rash bets, especially since I bet my ears on the outcome of the OJ Simpson trial.[;)]

Why does everyone hate Russell Martin? [:''(] He''s good. [:)] And Francomb seems ok as decent cover.

I would think it''s very unlikely, short of serious injury in the next week or so. PL was so keen to sign players early and integrate them into the side well before the season began.

Will a great need appear at any time? Yes, it could happen with injury or suspension. The only position where there is little cover is RB or striker. At RB Martin divides people between critical and impressed. PL seems to be in the latter group.

There is always the loan market, and I think that otherwise PL may have something held back for January, if it should prove necessary.

So, I very much doubt that there will be further signings this month.

I''d probably say not permanantly. However after the premiership squads of 25 are announced on Sept 1st, there will surely be some loan opportunities for championship clubs for those players who have missed out?

[quote user="Brendo "]Why does everyone hate Russell Martin? [:''(] He''s good. [:)] And Francomb seems ok as decent cover.[/quote]

People do not hate him FFS, it''s not always about scapegoats and getting on their back, it''s just that he''s quite limited.

The problem is magnified because of the diamond formation. Because we are quite narrow the full backs are expected to give us some width. Martin got into some decent positions against Watford but was unable to do much with the oppotunities. If that continues across a whole season it will cost us.

It''s not a question of hate, it''s a question of ability and being effective in our system.

[quote user="Mad Anthony"]Do your glasses keep falling off now?[/quote]Pardon?[:)]

I don''t think we definitely need a right back.

R Martin

Francomb

K Smith if needed...

Keep it as it is and if we need a loan or sign someone due to injuries, we will still have the cash available.

IMO if we had a spare 500k-600k we''d have somebody in at right back.  As we seem to be rather hard up, I guess it''s looking for a freebie or some lower league player our scouts think is half decent.Of course we could go down the loan route, but we''d be looking at an inexperienced youngster I should imagine.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Personally I think we''ll sign somebody. [Y][/quote]

Are you trying to make up for our lack of Wiz, Flashy? :D

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We still ne cover for Holt. If he gets injured or suspended we look pretty lightweight[/quote]

Totally agree, he''s integral to the way we play. We always struggle without him.

At least we''re only a national joke though, eh? Those delightful Japanese types won''t be laughing at us just yet...

We could do with cover for Holt but how will you tell Jackson and Johnson that they might struggle to make the team. We have alot of goals upfront and may I remind you when we lost Holt, Chris Martin was playing much better and has a decent goalscoring record as well. but if he did get a cover player for Holt, Who will it be?

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We still ne cover for Holt. If he gets injured or suspended we look pretty lightweight[/quote]

Totally agree, he''s integral to the way we play. We always struggle without him.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I am not to bothered if it is a youngster on loan or an old veteran but we need someone in the same-ish mould that will give defenders troubles and be able to hols the ball up,

I hear Danny Kelly is quite an up and coming target man........oh wait....

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[quote user="Brendo "]Why does everyone hate Russell Martin? [:''(] He''s good. [:)] And Francomb seems ok as decent cover.[/quote]

Did you lose your eyeballs in a bet?

[/quote]

Did you lose your f***ing brain in a bet?