Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Blackburn money

Not sure if somoene''s already mentioned this but Blackburn have been taken over and have £100 million to spend.

Could make our cup tie with them more difficult?

You can''t help but feel that if a team like Blackburn, let''s face it an unattractive club, can get investment then why can''t we? Surely we are a much more attractive proposition? We fill our stadium, we have a huge catchment area, and you''re more likely to make your money back investing in a club that can go places other than continue to stagnate where they sit.

I heard somewhere as well that if Blackburn wanted to fill their stadium, 1 person in every 3 houses would have to go. That''s a ridiculous ratio.

The takeover hasn''t happened yet, and as Birmingham City found out last year mouthing off about how much money you have to spend isn''t always the cleverest thing to do.

I also question this £100m figure, it sounds like a prospective buyer trying to gain support from the fans to help secure the take-over.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i doubt it1. its Blackburn a horrible team who should get relegated2. Sam allerdyce only signs freebies.[/quote]3. It''s Blackburn. Which ''world-class'' player worth their salt is going to go there.4. It''s Blackburn.5 It''s still Blackburn.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

The takeover hasn''t happened yet, and as Birmingham City found out last year mouthing off about how much money you have to spend isn''t always the cleverest thing to do.

I also question this £100m figure, it sounds like a prospective buyer trying to gain support from the fans to help secure the take-over.

[/quote]

Yes but when the owners dont really want to sell to anyone not from Norfolk, it is hardly a suprise they dont seem to be able to find any investment!

[quote user="CallsignViper"]

You can''t help but feel that if a team like Blackburn, let''s face it an unattractive club, can get investment then why can''t we? Surely we are a much more attractive proposition? We fill our stadium, we have a huge catchment area, and you''re more likely to make your money back investing in a club that can go places other than continue to stagnate where they sit.

I heard somewhere as well that if Blackburn wanted to fill their stadium, 1 person in every 3 houses would have to go. That''s a ridiculous ratio.

[/quote]Thing is, forgien investers are unlikely to look below the Premier league, and that is why Blackburn are a more attractive proposition.

Personally, I agree with you. But then we are kinda biased. I feel we are a better equiped club with fancier facilities, but poorer league. [:(]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]

[/quote]

Blackburn do face a lot of competition from nearby big clubs for their fans. Who would support Blackburn rather than Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool or Everton - all within easy range? Then if you''re less of a glory-hunter you could always follow Blackpool, Preston or Wigan amongst several other choices of football club.

As to major investment - I still feel our board is somewhat resistant to welcoming a takeover.

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]Not sure if somoene''s already mentioned this but Blackburn have been taken over and have £100 million to spend.

Could make our cup tie with them more difficult?[/quote]Who says Blackburn are going to have £100m to spend, and how do they know? It sounds like a case of bored journalists in a newsroom somewhere, just plucking an impressive looking figure out of the air to make a good story.

For me ever since Jack Walker started bankrolling them in the early 90''s, Blackburn have been Barnsley with money and thats what I call them!

(No disrespect to either club who I think are both good clubs!)

Delia and Michael Wynne Jones don''t want to sell, that Keith Harris guy said as much a while back!

I''m a Norwich fan but I''m not biased in saying that apart from the bankrolling, we''re a bigger club than Blackburn!

I wonder what kind of attendances we''d actually court - if we had the same amount of clubs within the catchment radius, that Blackburn have to compete with? 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I wonder what kind of attendances we''d actually court - if we had the same amount of clubs within the catchment radius, that Blackburn have to compete with? [/quote]

Would that be if those clubs moved down here with us or we moved up there with them?

If they moved down here we''d probably get a few hundred less depending on how many fans found it easy to switch alleigances.

If we moved up there we''d have to start from scratch so the Northern Canaries could be a pointer.

I wonder what sort of attendances we would get if we played on the moon[S][|-)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I wonder what kind of attendances we''d actually court - if we had the same amount of clubs within the catchment radius, that Blackburn have to compete with? [/quote]But surely you''d remain loyal, even if, say, Middlesborough and Sunderland were just down the road?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We will lose in fornt of about 8000 people and make about £25000 from the fixture[/quote]

I can''t see where we''ll make anything from the fixture. Tickets are a tenner.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I wonder what kind of attendances we''d actually court - if we had the same amount of clubs within the catchment radius, that Blackburn have to compete with? [/quote]

Would that be if those clubs moved down here with us or we moved up there with them?

If they moved down here we''d probably get a few hundred less depending on how many fans found it easy to switch alleigances.

If we moved up there we''d have to start from scratch so the Northern Canaries could be a pointer.

[/quote]I don''t know....but there wouldn''t be any atmosphere........

What?

[/quote]

Count up all your fingers and toes....that makes 24.

Plus the small willy that protrudes from your right temple...(Which makes you a ''Right Dickhead'')

Divide by 6 and multiply by 40....There''s roughly the answer you seek....

Which planet are you on at the moment?

Oh, and it''s allegiances.....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]I wonder what kind of attendances we''d actually court - if we had the same amount of clubs within the catchment radius, that Blackburn have to compete with? [/quote]

But surely you''d remain loyal, even if, say, Middlesborough and Sunderland were just down the road?
[/quote]

Are you basing the travelling distance on the road atlas, based entirely on the the length of your chopper? Because unfortunately, it''s a lot farther than 2 inches....(even if you''re erect)....

[/quote]

Tried it once, no Atmosphere 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Count up all your fingers and toes....that makes 24.

Plus the small willy that protrudes from your right temple...(Which makes you a ''Right Dickhead'')

Divide by 6 and multiply by 40....There''s roughly the answer you seek....

Which planet are you on at the moment?

Oh, and it''s allegiances.....

[/quote]

How is a raven like a writing desk[:^)]

We don''t and it ain''t ever going to happen!

Like another poster pointed out - the question you pose is so irrelevent its like saying if we were Scottish we''d be the next biggest club in the country after the old firm - We ain''t in Scotland so its a silly qusetion!