Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Now 9 bookies are quoting odds on Lambert for Villa

From 20-1 (Labrokes) to 42-1.

He''s 12th favourite on the Oddschecker list of approaching 100 names.

They may not come for him to do the Villa job, but it is an indicator of his growing reputation.

Worrying, isn''t it?

OTBC 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

They may not come for him to do the Villa job, but it is an indicator of his growing reputation.

Worrying, isn''t it?

OTBC 

[/quote]Only 12th favourite? Not too worrying yet, then.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Worrying, isn''t it?[/quote]

No.

[/quote]^^This^^.

Bookies will give you odds on Elvis and Hitler sharing a B-52 bomber on the moon if you''re daft enough to bet on it.Damn, Godwins law invoked, I''ve lost the argument.

[quote user="Power Hamster"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Worrying, isn''t it?

OTBC 

[/quote]
Only 12th favourite? Not too worrying yet, then.
[/quote]

me neither, infact it could help to influence players to want to come to Norwich,so it can only be good for us

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

No.

[/quote]

^^This^^.
[/quote]

^^ This.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Worrying, isn''t it?

OTBC 

[/quote]

Not while he''s behind Gareth Southgate, Lee Clark and Peter Reid, no.

Fav

Name
Add to bet basketKevin Macdonald 6/4 11/10 7/4 11/8 6/4 6/4 6/4 6/4 23/12 2
Add to bet basketSven Goran Eriksson 5 11/4 7/2 4 7/2 2 7/2 9/2 33/5 31/5
Add to bet basketMartin Jol 7 5 5 5 6 7 6 9/2 44/5 37/5
Add to bet basketBob Bradley 8 3 11/2 6 7/2 5/2 4 9/2 31/5 39/5
Add to bet basketAlex McLeish 25 5 16 10 16 14 12 31
Add to bet basketGareth Southgate 25 20 20 14 20 8 14 16 33 29
Add to bet basketAlan Curbishley 25 25 25 16 25 10 16 20 35 29
Add to bet basketLee Clark 25 349 339
Add to bet basketPeter Reid 25
Add to bet basketGordon Strachan 28 349
Add to bet basketJurgen Klinsmann 33 25 20 20 25 10 20 25 14 33/2
Add to bet basketRonald Koeman 33 12 54 49
Add to bet basketPaul Lambert

It''s a bit worrying now Delia''s back in control of little old Norwich. Do you reckon McNally will go with him[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s a bit worrying now Delia''s back in control of little old Norwich. Do you reckon McNally will go with him[:^)]

[/quote]

I heard we were getting Doncaster back, but he''s out until October and the club are hushing it up, and someone called Barry Fry''s taking over as manager but not putting any money in. [:-*]You heard it here first, unless you were at the last board meeting.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I heard we were getting Doncaster back, but he''s out until October and the club are hushing it up, and someone called Barry Fry''s taking over as manager but not putting any money in. [:-*]

You heard it here first, unless you were at the last board meeting.

[/quote]

We''ve got Doncaster in mid September, I know we have because I got tickets today.

Actually Nutty Nigel I need some reassurance that Delia has learnt her lesson and is going to behave like last season.

''

She has a poor track record (many) of bigging it up'' when the club has appeared to have ''turned the corner''

Two things:- i) Has anyone heard from Bowkett and/or McNally regarding the Fry appointment.

ii) When McNally was courting our Lotus man last season and doing a damn good job on him complete with being given and wearing a City scarf in front of Anglia cameras, was this a McNally/Bowkett move to try force Delia to make a move because they are not getting anywhere with raising investment?

In essence I am worried that perhaps we are going to return to the old parochial ways and that will drive away all three of our heroes!!

Finally; I am not a relation of First Wizard...honestly!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Bookies will give you odds on Elvis and Hitler sharing a B-52 bomber on the moon if you''re daft enough to bet on it.

Damn, Godwins law invoked, I''ve lost the argument.
[/quote]

Don''t be ridiculous.  Everyone knows that Hitler is dead.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Nutty Nigel I need some reassurance that Delia has learnt her lesson and is going to behave like last season.

''

She has a poor track record (many) of bigging it up'' when the club has appeared to have ''turned the corner''

Two things:- i) Has anyone heard from Bowkett and/or McNally regarding the Fry appointment.

ii) When McNally was courting our Lotus man last season and doing a damn good job on him complete with being given and wearing a City scarf in front of Anglia cameras, was this a McNally/Bowkett move to try force Delia to make a move because they are not getting anywhere with raising investment?

In essence I am worried that perhaps we are going to return to the old parochial ways and that will drive away all three of our heroes!!

Finally; I am not a relation of First Wizard...honestly![/quote]What evidence would you use to support your worry that we are "going to return to the old parochial ways"?

I distinctly remember when Mr Lotus came to Carra - and Mr Mac was showing him around and doing the usual stuff when an important individual who may (or may not) be, showing some interest in NCFC.....

It featured on the local news and in the local press....Promo NCFC scarf wearing shot etc... 

I also distinctly remember noticing Mr Lotus sat on the back row of the Directors box at Carra during the game....and not near or alongside our majority shareholding duo...

Is that the place for an affluent and prospective interested individual to be sat - or be hosted by the club?

There''s always a seat available alongside Delia, when Stephen Fry, Mick Dennis, Alistair Campbell, Ed Balls or Nephew Tom etc, are in attendance...

And still no comment from anyone other than Delia on the current board, regarding the appointment of Stephen as a Director?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Nutty Nigel I need some reassurance that Delia has learnt her lesson and is going to behave like last season. '' She has a poor track record (many) of bigging it up'' when the club has appeared to have ''turned the corner'' Two things:- i) Has anyone heard from Bowkett and/or McNally regarding the Fry appointment. ii) When McNally was courting our Lotus man last season and doing a damn good job on him complete with being given and wearing a City scarf in front of Anglia cameras, was this a McNally/Bowkett move to try force Delia to make a move because they are not getting anywhere with raising investment? In essence I am worried that perhaps we are going to return to the old parochial ways and that will drive away all three of our heroes!! Finally; I am not a relation of First Wizard...honestly![/quote]

Bury Yellow, I often wonder if anybody really believes that Delia constantly works against the interests of our fans. I think it''s just a wind up by posters on here. But then I read your reasonable post and I guess they do. So now I have this vision of Delia Smith being locked up in the boardroom when every good decision happens and then managing to escape whenever something goes wrong. Because that''s the only way it could be true, isn''t it? And then earlier today I read a post by Bly suggesting that we should show the same ambition over Bellamy as we did over Hucks. I think this through and come to the conclusion that the much despised quartet of Worthington, Skipper, Munby and Doncaster were more ambitious than Bowkett, McNally and Lambert. Or would that be a wrong conclusion?

So what lesson do you think Delia should have learned? Maybe I could learn it too. At least it won''t have cost me so much money.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Bookies will give you odds on Elvis and Hitler sharing a B-52 bomber on the moon if you''re daft enough to bet on it.Damn, Godwins law invoked, I''ve lost the argument.[/quote]I wonder what the odds are on that, I`ll put all of Nana`s pocket money on it[:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

No.

[/quote]

^^This^^.
[/quote]

Also this ^^^^^^ [Y]

[/quote]

^^^^What They Said^^^^

Whatever Premiership team is foolish enough to hire Bob Bradley will be relegated. End of.  The fact that Bradley is on that list is laughable. Sure, we had an OK World Cup, but that was in spite of Bradley. He is an awful coach.  If Keano does get the boot over at Ipswich, believe me, we want Bradley named his replacement.

Thanks for your response Nutty. I refer you to Mello Yello''s comments.

I have run my own business for many years, I do have a bit of inside knowledge of the club from a few years ago but like most of us I can only collate a few snippets of course as we are not privvy to the inner workings of the club and board. From collating what knowledge is gained an opinion can be offered.

I don''t think I''m stupid but apart from ''Gunn Shot Three'' the Delia era doesn''t sit easy with me

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

No.

[/quote]

^^This^^.
[/quote]

Also this ^^^^^^ [Y]

[/quote]

^^^^What They Said^^^^

[/quote]

I''m with Stupid ^^^

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Thanks for your response Nutty. I refer you to Mello Yello''s comments. I have run my own business for many years, I do have a bit of inside knowledge of the club from a few years ago but like most of us I can only collate a few snippets of course as we are not privvy to the inner workings of the club and board. From collating what knowledge is gained an opinion can be offered. I don''t think I''m stupid but apart from ''Gunn Shot Three'' the Delia era doesn''t sit easy with me[/quote]

Well that''s fair enough Bury. But I didn''t think you were stupid anyway. If you''d share that special knowledge with me I''d maybe understand things a bit better. It''s no good referring me to Mello''s answer because I''ve yet to understand a post of his. Maybe it''s that accent?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I distinctly remember when Mr Lotus came to Carra - and Mr Mac was showing him around and doing the usual stuff when an important individual who may (or may not) be, showing some interest in NCFC.....

It featured on the local news and in the local press....Promo NCFC scarf wearing shot etc... 

I also distinctly remember noticing Mr Lotus sat on the back row of the Directors box at Carra during the game....and not near or alongside our majority shareholding duo...

Is that the place for an affluent and prospective interested individual to be sat - or be hosted by the club?

There''s always a seat available alongside Delia, when Stephen Fry, Mick Dennis, Alistair Campbell, Ed Balls or Nephew Tom etc, are in attendance...

And still no comment from anyone other than Delia on the current board, regarding the appointment of Stephen as a Director?

[/quote]

What exactly do you expect or wish the rest of the board to comment on surrounding the appointment of Stephen Fry?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Thanks for your response Nutty. I refer you to Mello Yello''s comments. I have run my own business for many years, I do have a bit of inside knowledge of the club from a few years ago but like most of us I can only collate a few snippets of course as we are not privvy to the inner workings of the club and board. From collating what knowledge is gained an opinion can be offered. I don''t think I''m stupid but apart from ''Gunn Shot Three'' the Delia era doesn''t sit easy with me[/quote]

Well that''s fair enough Bury. But I didn''t think you were stupid anyway. If you''d share that special knowledge with me I''d maybe understand things a bit better. It''s no good referring me to Mello''s answer because I''ve yet to understand a post of his. Maybe it''s that accent?

[/quote]

You don''t understand a lot of posts that you disagree with....But then, I don''t understand why you assume I''m a Geordie....

But I live with it....

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

What exactly do you expect or wish the rest of the board to comment on surrounding the appointment of Stephen Fry?

[/quote]

How about something like, they are all also thrilled that Stephen Fry is now a Director of Norwich City Football Club?

As far as I''m aware, the Chief Exec hasn''t uttered a word, neither has the Club Chairman regarding Stephen''s appointment....

I would of thought it would just be common courtesy - or even just business etiquette - to let it be known, and just to say a few words to the media, or on the official site pertaining to the fact...

Unless they already have, and I''ve missed it?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You don''t understand a lot of posts that you disagree with....But then, I don''t understand why you assume I''m a Geordie....

But I live with it....

[/quote]

Yes, yes, of course, of course! But eh... haha! The time has come, my little friends, to talk of other things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings. Haha! Callooh, callay, come run away! We''re the cabbages and kings! ... Hrmmm, well now, uh... let me see... Ah! A loaf of bread is what we chiefly need.......................................

................................. pet[*-)]