Sign in to follow this  
Eaststand Lower

Greetings!!!

Barnsley fan here!! Myself and afew mates are making a weekend of it when Barnsley visit Carrow Road got travel & digs sorted we are just struggling for places to visit the Friday & Saturday night. My mate as tried blagging us VIP tickets to Optik & Media nightclubs. Are they any good? Any info on other places to visit is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You Reds!!!!!

The areas around Tombland, Prince of Wales Road and Riverside are full of bars, clubs etc.

You shouldnt have any problems enjoying yourself on a night out in Norwich.

[quote user="Eaststand Lower"]Whats the likely hood of us having any trouble getting into any premises??[/quote]Just the usual queues that you would get at any clubs anywhere in the country.

You should go to The Ber Street Gates public house.there are some really nice people in there and the women are very friendly[;)]

[quote user="WOTB"]You should go to The Ber Street Gates public house.

there are some really nice people in there and the women are very friendly[;)]

[/quote]

Is that some sort of knocking shop?

Most places ok, normal clubbing gear shoes etc. Optic has a no hoodie policy and insist on you covering up tatoos. On the day some places dont allow you to wear colours but there is an away pub near the station call complete anglia.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Eaststand Lower"]Whats the likely hood of us having any trouble getting into any premises??[/quote]

Just the usual queues that you would get at any clubs anywhere in the country.
[/quote]

I don''t mind queues i was more bothered about with us not been locals

[quote user="Badcanary"]Most places ok, normal clubbing gear shoes etc. Optic has a no hoodie policy and insist on you covering up tatoos. On the day some places dont allow you to wear colours but there is an away pub near the station call complete anglia.[/quote]"Compleat angler"[;)]

[quote user="Badcanary"]Most places ok, normal clubbing gear shoes etc. Optic has a no hoodie policy and insist on you covering up tatoos. On the day some places dont allow you to wear colours but there is an away pub near the station call complete anglia.[/quote]Complete Angler isn`t it?

[quote user="Eaststand Lower"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Eaststand Lower"]Whats the likely hood of us having any trouble getting into any premises??[/quote]Just the usual queues that you would get at any clubs anywhere in the country.[/quote]

I don''t mind queues i was more bothered about with us not been locals

[/quote]Nah, Norwich is a pretty friendly place on the whole, as long as you''re not acting like arses it shouldn''t be a problem.

[quote user="WOTB"]You should go to The Ber Street Gates public house.there are some really nice people in there and the women are very friendly[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yes I was being a bit naughty, it`s full of pimps and hookers.  You be ok around Riverside, Price of Wales Road or Tombland, just like any other City centre especially at kicking out time

Dont go Media. if you wanna go to a club Optics ok but Mercy is the main one,

Should any of those not let you in on saturday after the football (its smart dress saturdays) id go waterfront, scabbiest place in Norwich but its pretty decent.

Barnsley fan here!! Myself and afew mates are making a weekend of it when Barnsley visit Carrow Road got travel & digs sorted we are just struggling for places to visit the Friday & Saturday night. My mate as tried blagging us VIP tickets to Optik & Media nightclubs. Are they any good? Any info on other places to visit is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You Reds!!!!!

[/quote]

Optic has a dress code, thats the only thing I can think of.

[quote user="WOTB"][quote user="Eaststand Lower"]

[quote user="WOTB"]You should go to The Ber Street Gates public house.there are some really nice people in there and the women are very friendly[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yes I was being a bit naughty, it`s full of pimps and hookers.  You be ok around Riverside, Price of Wales Road or Tombland, just like any other City centre especially at kicking out time[/quote]It''s a feckin sight cheaper than marrying one.... and you get to have sex too.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Dont go Media. if you wanna go to a club Optics ok but Mercy is the main one, Should any of those not let you in on saturday after the football (its smart dress saturdays) id go waterfront, scabbiest place in Norwich but its pretty decent.[/quote]

Seconded on the watefront, but in my opinion, Havana has to be the scabbiest

[quote user="Norfolk Enchants"]

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Dont go Media. if you wanna go to a club Optics ok but Mercy is the main one, Should any of those not let you in on saturday after the football (its smart dress saturdays) id go waterfront, scabbiest place in Norwich but its pretty decent.[/quote]

Seconded on the watefront, but in my opinion, Havana has to be the scabbiest

[/quote]

Or even the waterfront!

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]wasnt even considering Havana, he can spend the rest of the morning there once wf closes to complete his scabby night out![/quote]

Ha, ha, sounds like a plan!

Optic in my opinion isnt very good.. but it gets quite busy so its obviously doing something right.. and i didnt even know Media was still open..

like somone said Prince of wales/tombland is full of clubs/pubs/bars so try that area :)

Bars - the usual sort of pre drinking places anywhere

Clubs:

Mercy - typical nightclub tunes

Po na na - house music

Waterfront - Indie/rock

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="WOTB"][quote user="Eaststand Lower"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yes I was being a bit naughty, it`s full of pimps and hookers.  You be ok around Riverside, Price of Wales Road or Tombland, just like any other City centre especially at kicking out time[/quote]It''s a feckin sight cheaper than marrying one.... and you get to have sex too.[/quote]I wouldn`t recommend marrying a hooker........................ but whatever rock your boat

Thanks in advance

You Reds!!!!!

[/quote]

You aren''t that Barnsley fan that was on that "Football''s Hardest Away Days" programme were you? The one that went to Exeter I think that was looking to pull but eventually got a lapdance.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

Eaststand, what sort of night/day are you after... did you want real ale/fizzy lager... cheap night out/ up market night out

[/quote]

Not to bothered during the day as it will be a pre-match drink anyway, it will be a mixture of real ale & fizzy lager. For the night out any thing will do apart from a bars/clubs full of poncy kn8bs who look like extras from Hollyoaks who think drinking a VK blue is hardcore. Any clubs or bars that stay open late that play Indie/Rock music would be ideal.

The last time i came to Norwich was for a day i think you beat us 5-0 our 1st season back up and we dropped on that Scandanavian area i think it was a boozer called Norwegian Ice that where knocking pitchers of Carlsberg out for a fiver. Is that place still open?? [:)]

[quote user="Eaststand Lower"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

Eaststand, what sort of night/day are you after... did you want real ale/fizzy lager... cheap night out/ up market night out

[/quote]

Not to bothered during the day as it will be a pre-match drink anyway, it will be a mixture of real ale & fizzy lager. For the night out any thing will do apart from a bars/clubs full of poncy kn8bs who look like extras from Hollyoaks who think drinking a VK blue is hardcore. Any clubs or bars that stay open late that play Indie/Rock music would be ideal.

The last time i came to Norwich was for a day i think you beat us 5-0 our 1st season back up and we dropped on that Scandanavian area i think it was a boozer called Norwegian Ice that where knocking pitchers of Carlsberg out for a fiver. Is that place still open?? [:)]

[/quote]Check out the link I posted above, quite a lot of info on it.Best pubs are in Tombland, Prince of Wales road is a bit poncey, and there is the odd bit of trouble, may be best avoided late on. The Waterfront is probably the closest club to what you are after. I think you''re on about Norweigen blue, on Riverside, which has closed now unfortunately.

[quote user="Eaststand Lower"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Waterfront usually has indie/rock on saturday nights although they have some niche nights sometimes (goths/punk etc) so worth checking first to see its not one of those! You will get into that wearing anything and definitely not a poncy crowd at all. Very basic place but normally a laugh. Is the game 11th Sept? If so then looks like its indie night.

Mercy - think big, cheesy and a bit chavvy. if you are wasted it will be ok though.

Optic is decent but a bit more on the poncy side.

Not been in Liquid or chicagooz for years.

Norwich also now has a multitude of lapdancing bars if thats your thing!

You won''t get turned away for being northern but most of the better/busier city centre bars will not let you in in trainers.