Sign in to follow this  
Tore Raaen

First time to Carrow Road..Help.

Hi all!

Hope you can help me out:

Early next year me and some friends will travel from Norway to Norwich to see the guys in action at Carrow Road.

I''m wondering on which stand to pick..Any ideas? Which stand has the most electrifying experience? I''ve seen the Canaries one away days and the away support is absolutely brilliant..But where to sit at CR to get some of that same experience?

Thanks in advance.

Tore

[quote user="Tore Raaen"]

Hi all!

Early next year me and some friends will travel from Norway to Norwich to see the guys in action at Carrow Road.

I''m wondering on which stand to pick..Any ideas? Which stand has the most electrifying experience? I''ve seen the Canaries one away days and the away support is absolutely brilliant..But where to sit at CR to get some of that same experience?

Thanks in advance.

Tore

[/quote]

Hi Tore,

If you want noise and atmosphere I would recommend the Barclay, but if you want the best view the Jarrold Stand is hard to beat. Generally you''ll find the fans are noisier at away games unless it''s a really big game. If you really want an electrifying experience why not come over for the Derby on the 28th November?

A combination of why the previous two have said Tore :) The Barclay is often quite difficult to get a ticket in unless you are a season ticket holder or a member.

Your best bet would be to try and get seats in the Snake Pit, or in the Jarrold Stand as close to the away supporters as possible, giving you probably the best view as well as a fair bit of atmosphere being so close the away fans!

Hi all!

Thanks in advance.

Tore

[/quote]I would write to the club in advance of coming over.  They may be able to make sure that you get a ticket if you are coming all this way.

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Tore Raaen"]

Hi all!

Thanks in advance.

Tore

[/quote]I would write to the club in advance of coming over.  They may be able to make sure that you get a ticket if you are coming all this way.[/quote]But make sure you''re certain, because they won''t buy the ticket back.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Tore Raaen"]

Hi all!

Thanks in advance.

Tore

[/quote]I would write to the club in advance of coming over.  They may be able to make sure that you get a ticket if you are coming all this way.[/quote]But make sure you''re certain, because they won''t buy the ticket back.[/quote]yes they will. because they can resell it again.

Thanks all for great help!

I see on the online-store you certainly can buy tickets (general sale) on the UPPER Barclay stand, but that might not be the same thing or? And one more dumb-question, where is the snakepit ?! :)

the Barclay is a two tier stand, behind one goal. The best place to be would be in the lower Barclay, but as others have said its hard to get tickets there.

The Snakepit is the section at the end of the GeoffreyWatling stand, as it joins the Barclay.

If you look online you should be able to see it although Snakepit isn''t mentioned.

Good luck with getting the tickets and i hope you enjoy your visit

Upper Barclay is OK, but if you want atmosphere the lower Barclay is much better (although more difficult to get casual tickets for). The Snakepit is the corner between the Barclay and City stands.

I heard a rumour that a consortium of rich Scandinavian businessman were once interested in taking over NCFC......

We would have then ended up with a Smorgas-board....

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

Don''t do it!

It will only lead to a lifetime of misery and heartache with the occasional high thrown in.

[/quote]

Haha,I''ve been a fan since 1991 and listening to Radio Norfolk from Roy Waller through Chris Goreham every weekend since 2000 so I know what you mean.:) 

I usually go in the Upper Barclay, people write it off but it actually does make some good noise! Always relatively easy to get seats and its a good view other than if your high up at the top you can''t see the scoreboard!

I sit in block K, Jarrold, one of the best seats in the ground. Against Gillingham I called Andy D''Urso a Tw*t out loud after a poor decision. An old lady  3 blocks and about 200 seats away tutted out loud!

A group of over excited, possibly drunk, Norwegians would be most welcome in ''The Library'' as its known.

For me, upper barclay is best as it`s a terrific view and you get the atmosphere from the lower tier which the upper join in with if they`re in the mood.  I REALLY would not recommend the Jarrold if you want an "electrifying" experience!!

Coming all the way from Norway to watch a game at Carrow Road....?

That can''t be cheap.....Can you really a fjord it?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]ding ding ding ding ding. [Y]You sir, have a gift. Or too much time.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Well, I''ve been a fan sice the early 90''s so why not..Been listening to the radio for years and caught some rare games at the telly..Frankly, it''s bloody hell on time:)

I know there are many fellow norwegian canary fans that visit CR more than 1 time per year..Norwegians are crazy about english football..It''s been like that sice the 70''s when they started showing english football on tv.

Nowadays every single Premier league match is shown live in hd over here. Wow, would be great to back up there again so I could watch every game from my sofa:)

So if you go to the ticket office and ask for tickets in the Snake Pit, will they know what you mean, or is that just a term used by the more hard core fan base?

NORWich NORWegian. I get it! It was either us or ...... hmmmm,.......NObody.

How come you support Norwich?

I''m just curious as the majority of the Norwegian fans I speak to all support prem sides although most of then know Norwich from the days when Ã…ge Hareide played for us.

Davo

If you do wish to get tickets in the snake pit which is always worth the experience, the ticket office will know what you mean by it :)

Either the Snake Pit, but be careful and ask for seats without a restricted view.  Or upper Barclay C or D block, above and to the right of the noisy lower E block.

[quote user="Davo"]How come you support Norwich? I''m just curious as the majority of the Norwegian fans I speak to all support prem sides although most of then know Norwich from the days when Ã…ge Hareide played for us. Davo[/quote]

Wow, that''s a good question.

I think it was like a random choice when I was a kid, but the kit certainly had an effect on me..It was different than everything else..Looking back now it would have been easy to choose manu or l''pool like everybody else, but I stand tall and don''t regret my choice.

Although a fan is set the ultimate test when you''re miles away and the team is relegated and not in the spotlight..In Norway english football is the prem and nothing else, so Norwich was suddenly not mentioned anymore when they dropped in 95..But being on "the board" of NCSCS (Norwich city supporters club of scandinavia) we had responsibility to go forward, even though it was harder to get the info:) Now in 2010 it''s a bit easier to keep track:..

I could go on and on...hehe

[quote user="Davo"]How come you support Norwich? I''m just curious as the majority of the Norwegian fans I speak to all support prem sides although most of then know Norwich from the days when Ã…ge Hareide played for us. Davo[/quote]

Wow, that''s a good question.

I think it was like a random choice when I was a kid, but the kit certainly had an effect on me..It was different than everything else..Looking back now it would have been easy to choose manu or l''pool like everybody else, but I stand tall and don''t regret my choice.

Although a fan is set the ultimate test when you''re miles away and the team is relegated and not in the spotlight..In Norway english football is the prem and nothing else, so Norwich was suddenly not mentioned anymore when they dropped in 95..But being on "the board" of NCSCS (Norwich city supporters club of scandinavia) we had responsibility to go forward, even though it was harder to get the info:) Now in 2010 it''s a bit easier to keep track:..

I could go on and on...hehe

[/quote]If you need any help at all with anything concerning your trip, whether it be recommending accommodation, or coming for a beer before the match with some of us, don''t hesitate to ask![:)]